Embarkation lunch

juliet

Tried looking at previous posts but see conflicting reports.   Where on the Riviera can you eat lunch on embarkation day?  Husband has difficulty walking and I want to make sure I know where we're going to eat for lunch that day so we don't have to walk around too much.  Some say the MDR is open.  Some say only for suites (which we are).  Some say it's not open.  TIA

5 minutes ago, Noxequifans said:

Terrace cafe and Waves.

+1

Only the two restaurants on the pool deck level  (one the pool grill and the other a buffet) are open on Embarkation day.

Talk about the Grand Dining Room being open, must have been on another Board.

Sometimes the Grand Dining Room is open on embarkation day but only for guests who are continuing from the previous cruise.  (We were on a back-to-back on Riviera last May and were invited to have lunch in the GDR on boarding day for the second leg.)

49 minutes ago, Mura said:

Sometimes the Grand Dining Room is open on embarkation day but only for guests who are continuing from the previous cruise.  (We were on a back-to-back on Riviera last May and were invited to have lunch in the GDR on boarding day for the second leg.)

Exactly - MDR is open only for B2B passengers who remain on from previous segment. They receive a notice beforehand and need to confirm whether they wish to have lunch in the MDR on turn-around day. This is to let the kitchen know how many passengers will participate in MDR lunch as some B2B passsengers may wish to be out for lunch (or use the Terrace).

For embarking passengers only the Terrace & Waves are open for lunch, as posted above.

I love the turnaround days on a B2B. You're all settled in and in the cruise groove. Early in the day everyone is getting off the ship, looking dejected then the new arrivals are running around figuring things out or pulling luggage around. 

I've definitely eaten in the GDR on turnaround days. Occasionally you'll see hosted guests that are touring the ship eating in there also. It's off limits to new guests though. I've never heard the one about suite guests eating there. Anyone know for sure? If it is I think it would only be for the top 3 tiers and not include PH.