Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, karena1 said:

OMG Chili is not chili without beans!  In fact, I put in extra chili beans in my chili.  I like spicy, bean filled chili.  Up north they put noodles in chili - YUK!!!  We use turkey hamburger since I don't eat red meat, but I spice it up with stewed tomatoes/peppers/onions and lots of chili spice, hot pepper and such. Oh so good!

 

 

Thank you!  Can never have too many beans in chili!! And you know what they say, beans, beans they're good for your heart... etc 😜

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

 

I always find it interesting to see how far afield these threads can go.:classic_smile:

 

Sorry Bob, guilty here 😁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, voyager70 said:

 

Sorry Bob, guilty here 😁

 

Me too.:classic_smile:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It sucks

 

Being from Arizona we really love Mexican food.  We have now tried Rita's Cantina, El Fresh and Sabor.

 

It is a buffet not a place your order restaurant.  

 

Hope your experience is better

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, PhoenixCruiser said:

It sucks

 

Being from Arizona we really love Mexican food.  We have now tried Rita's Cantina, El Fresh and Sabor.

 

It is a buffet not a place your order restaurant.  

 

Hope your experience is better

yep Texans would say the same thing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, karena1 said:

OMG Chili is not chili without beans!  In fact, I put in extra chili beans in my chili.  I like spicy, bean filled chili.  Up north they put noodles in chili - YUK!!!  We use turkey hamburger since I don't eat red meat, but I spice it up with stewed tomatoes/peppers/onions and lots of chili spice, hot pepper and such. Oh so good!

 

 

 

Never never never never saw this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

 

 

Never never never never saw this.

 

Doesn't mean it doesn't exist

 

image.thumb.png.aedfadbb04f3f45fcae7398ec152819f.png

 

Even in the freezer section.  I've seen it at Publix

 

image.png.b4ee22d8c180f012bae3ff99e38de395.png

Edited by John&LaLa

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

 

 

Never never never never saw this.

Chili with noodles would be called chili mac in my house.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I liked Blue Iguana on Carnival, this seems somewhat similar. About time Royal steps up their offerings. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Between El Loco Fresh, Playmakers, and Hooked, I'm really excited about the new casual eats on the new Navigator next year. (even though the latter two are an upcharge)

 

Dan

Edited by The Fun Researcher

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, EmmasNana said:

Sort of, why do they put beans in the tacos? Hate beans in tacos.

Because beans are cheaper than beef?

And some regions put beans in or with tacos so it is acceptable to many.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/7/2018 at 2:20 PM, Host Clarea said:

 

Thank goodness, but it's almost impossible to get chili without beans in the Midwest.  I got spoiled when I lived out west.

Lol- chili without beans?  What kind of monsters are you 😉. I add extra beans to my chili.  Also put “great northern beans” in my chicken veggie soup, instead of noodles #midwestproud

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tried El Loco once for lunch and I would classify it fair.  Everything we had was cold also.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Pratique said:

Steak n Shake has had spaghetti chili on the menu for years.

 

Cine to Montreal and have smoked meat spaghetti 

 

 

B1469638-1C09-4AB3-9EAA-6CF9E517BE3C.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/7/2018 at 5:37 PM, karena1 said:

OMG Chili is not chili without beans!  In fact, I put in extra chili beans in my chili.  I like spicy, bean filled chili.  Up north they put noodles in chili - YUK!!!  We use turkey hamburger since I don't eat red meat, but I spice it up with stewed tomatoes/peppers/onions and lots of chili spice, hot pepper and such. Oh so good!

 

 

 

17 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

 

Doesn't mean it doesn't exist

 

image.thumb.png.aedfadbb04f3f45fcae7398ec152819f.png

 

Even in the freezer section.  I've seen it at Publix

 

image.png.b4ee22d8c180f012bae3ff99e38de395.png


There's a huge difference between putting noodles actually in the chili, or serving the chili on top of some noodles.

In Michigan, chili does usually have beans, but it is NEVER served with noodles in it or under it unless it's specifically named as such -- chili mac (with elbow pasta) or chili on spaghetti (served on top of noodles in place of the normal tomato sauce).  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, brillohead said:

 

 


There's a huge difference between putting noodles actually in the chili, or serving the chili on top of some noodles.

In Michigan, chili does usually have beans, but it is NEVER served with noodles in it or under it unless it's specifically named as such -- chili mac (with elbow pasta) or chili on spaghetti (served on top of noodles in place of the normal tomato sauce).  

 

 

Huge difference 🤔

 

This might be why Ohio State trounces that school up north every year. 😉

Edited by John&LaLa

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

 

Huge difference 🤔

 

This might be why Ohio State trounces that school up north every year. 😉


I'm not partial to either MSU or U of M, so O-hi-o doesn't bother me at all (although I will admit that it's right up there with Iowa in terms of how boring it is to drive across that state).  

But yes, there's a huge difference between saying "chili has noodles in it" and "chili can occasionally be served on top of spaghetti noodles". 

Just because they are spelled similarly, "in" and "on" are NOT the same preposition.  If you're on the ocean, you're likely enjoying a day on a cruise ship.  If you're in the ocean, you're actually wet.  Huge difference.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, brillohead said:


I'm not partial to either MSU or U of M, so O-hi-o doesn't bother me at all (although I will admit that it's right up there with Iowa in terms of how boring it is to drive across that state).  

But yes, there's a huge difference between saying "chili has noodles in it" and "chili can occasionally be served on top of spaghetti noodles". 

Just because they are spelled similarly, "in" and "on" are NOT the same preposition.  If you're on the ocean, you're likely enjoying a day on a cruise ship.  If you're in the ocean, you're actually wet.  Huge difference.

 

 

I actually live on the ocean, that does not mean I'm physically on top of the water. 😉

 

Edited by John&LaLa

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

People's opinion's on chili are almost as strong as people's opinion on tipping :classic_laugh:😉

 

I've never met a chili I didn't like.

Edited by HBE4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

 

Huge difference 🤔

 

This might be why Ohio State trounces that school up north every year. 😉

 

Gotta love rivalries.  Sports wouldn’t be the same without them. Someone has to win each year.  They ebb and flow.  (I think Michigan leads that rivalry all time 58-50-6).

 

Regarding chili, I’m born and raised in Michigan and have never in my life seen chili offered with noodles. Beans?  Yes.  Noodles? No.  I think that’s a Cincinnati Ohio thing (the 5 way, or maybe 6 way?). Just saw it on  diners, drive-ins, and dives yesterday which is a weird coincidence.  Not that there’s anything wrong with chili on top of noodles.  I think I could go for a plate of it right now.

 

Anyhow I’m interested to check out El Loco Fresco.

 

Dan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/7/2018 at 12:18 PM, lindalo5032 said:

Any word on how the food is at El Loco Fresh?  Would love opinions from those who have sailed on Symphony.  Is it comparable to Taco Bell, or better?

 

 

The burritos and tacos (kind of) are a step up from Taco Bell. The rest, like the "nachos" are done better by Taco Bell, and I do not like the ones at Taco Bell. 

 

I went into it with the wrong expectations. I was hoping for something similar to Blue Iguana Cantina, but El Loco Fresh is not even close to comparing. The mere fact that the name has "fresh," in it... threw me off. 🙄  Personally, for lunch you are better off at the Solarium Bistro, Park Cafe, and even the Boardwalk dog house is better than El Loco Fresh. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • SAIL-AWAY GIVEAWAY - Enter Now for a Chance to Win a 7-day Cruise for Two
      • Q&A with InsureMyTrip
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...