NCL Bliss Haven Dec 8-15

RushFan

23 minutes ago, RushFan said:

I may have mentioned this already but the Haven Restaraunt Menus do not change but they have added a twist.  Every night they have a special from a specialty restaurant so it’s worth checking what they are each night.

Thank you for the well detailed review and great photos!!!

and, your sense of humor is entertaining.

Edited by ggTexasGal
added comment
  • Like 1

Symphony is quite a bit longer than Bliss.  I posted a pic of the Line to get back on that ship.  Quite a long one...   the boat I. The pic is KISMET the yacht of Khan the Owner of the NFL Jacksonville Jaguars. Measly 200 mil and she is yours.. 🙂

also through in a picture of Atlantis.  

226EB91C-D502-4173-8659-E7BBA6ED99D7.jpeg

1B55FE24-721E-48D5-908A-DD6BDDC08A13.jpeg

E2333249-48B2-4431-9F39-CB11DF6ADDB3.jpeg

NCL Encore is the new ship for next year. It’s the last Breakaway Plus ship. Then NCL goes back to smaller ships in the new Leonardo class.  They will be built in Italy and not Germany.  I was kind of hoping NCL would make one or two in the Oasis Class but it looks like they have had enough of the big ships...

Encore will sail Carribean starting in November and Bliss heads back to Alaska.    Would love to do this boat in Alaska.  One day...

So final thought on go carts.  If your in haven just pay for each one.  It’s not reallly feasible to do 10 runs to get your moneys worth.  We did 6 time but unless you want to spend a lot of time in lines or have Dale Jr Jr training it probably is not worth it.   Even if you walk right in you have a minimum 30 minutes unless you are first when it opens.  I got the drifting down and will post a challenge for somebody to take down the old king.. C’mon Dale jr jr!!

901B2A35-F248-4239-84EF-1AB1DC71382E.jpeg

Thank you so much for a great review. We were on the Bliss in November and will be on her again in January. We loved the ship especially the 15th deck observation lounge. I have put a bid in on a Haven aft facing suite, so I have my fingers crossed.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, gmbhardy said:

Thank you so much for a great review. We were on the Bliss in November and will be on her again in January. We loved the ship especially the 15th deck observation lounge. I have put a bid in on a Haven aft facing suite, so I have my fingers crossed.

Best of luck on the upgrade!  Good thing it is not Christmas or New Years would say you have no chance as this is booked full!

Back to Land!   Have to say I was a little concerned about some of the so-so reviews on Bliss but honestly its a great ship.  Getaway Haven was always crowded and this one was really enjoyable and the expanded balcony and Observation areas are wonderful.  The Escapeis larger has its own sauna so its Haven rates slightly higher on my rating scale but this ship is right there.   Time to go tag the next  cruisers in!   

F5F8B0C5-D10A-4D66-B4B8-F4944E9D340B.jpeg

4BDE79CE-A70D-4938-9712-33B4842639E7.jpeg

410926DB-8287-4EDB-ABC5-FA45688E1FB4.jpeg

097497EC-0FE3-4F47-87A8-ECE65220C4A1.jpeg

DB4F1A55-85C9-4234-972D-320A5A9A4C4E.jpeg

3 minutes ago, SAmome said:

Thanks for the information on the Race Track.  When is a good temperature time to ride?  Was it hot in the afternoon or did the breeze make it tolerable?  

Night makes it more exciting but we rode both day and night and temperature was never an issue.  The breeze can affect your track times though..  🙂.  If you don’t have the pass go right when it opens or at 10pm.  Slows down late at night.

On 12/11/2018 at 1:53 PM, RushFan said:

First the Christmas decoration they made this morning.  Yes. This was not here last night...   I took a few pictures as they had such detail..

40483232-ABF6-45D5-9B50-480C39F4135A.jpeg

A5B75F01-DDA1-4728-9D8C-CFD827125BCE.jpeg

79FA3795-B594-4931-AA69-97EABBFCB9BE.jpeg

5D32CF6F-CB7C-4CCB-8DC1-34149D91DFEE.jpeg

Wow! alot of work and time went into that display...........very pretty~

• Like 1

On 12/9/2018 at 1:43 PM, RushFan said:

Mandala spa.  Smaller than Escape. And sauna does not look over ocean but still snow room!  

F1A135DD-87F3-4E15-8F96-70C294E00E61.jpeg

43D6E8AA-80CA-4A50-816F-1735E3E526BA.jpeg

AE3A3871-E494-4DD7-ACB3-3879B62B1BC6.jpeg

84246A44-213B-4F0B-B93E-FC7DEBFB4A8A.jpeg

74C0E9FD-C9E1-431D-AF69-EED8003BFED5.jpeg

We enjoyed the thermal spa.  It is quite pricy though.  289 or so per person. Is it in included in the Haven rooms?

• Like 1

Just now, 8373seth said:

I think this is a great option to the other pool on board.  It was always crowded.  Wish we would have gotten the upgrade!

I've never stayed in the Haven (yet) but have purchased the Thermal pass and that did me just fine with all that the spa had to offer.....

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 8373seth said:

We enjoyed the thermal spa.  It is quite pricy though.  289 or so per person. Is it in included in the Haven rooms?

Only if you get the Haven Spa suite. We had 5 ppl so we just bought it separate.  It used to be $189 on Escape.  Was 249 online or you can just do one day for $60.  We used it everyday so it was our treat.   

On 12/11/2018 at 4:34 PM, RushFan said:

Sorry for delays but somebody must have bent the WiFi antennae as nothing seems to Upload right now..

I had the premium package and found it slow most of the trip.  But it does seem you got more photos uploaded so maybe it's even more premium in Haven? 😉

1 minute ago, 8373seth said:

I had the premium package and found it slow most of the trip.  But it does seem you got more photos uploaded so maybe it's even more premium in Haven? 😉

Haven is less people on each Hotspot so it was definitely faster but yes I got my money’s worth .  It stopped one day(had problems). I asked the concierge if they had data cap(figured I was getting throttled).  He said no it’s unlimited A d they figured it out by next morning I was good again.   I watched a few periscope streams as well and can attest it’s the best I have ever had sailing.  It was not bad wherever I went on the ship.