Question About Carnival Cloud 9 Spa Balcony

wrongcheck

Has anyone gotten one of the Cloud 9 Spa Balcony rooms before? We'll be traveling with another group and we have the option of getting one of these rooms. We have 2 children with us, and I know they aren't able to use the Spa or the tubs or rooms, but I thought it might be a nice change to try. My only concerns are that it is on the 11th deck, towards the front of the ship (which I've read might make for a choppier stay), and the water slide is right below it.

Had anyone actually had one of these rooms? Is it loud with the water slide, and choppier than a normal room? I'd like to try it, but my wife does get motion sickness and has gotten sea sick before. I'd love any feedback you might have to offer!

On our last cruise on the Dream, we were in a balcony room on the 11th deck. I didn't notice any motion and I am sensitive to it. The hallways are so quiet and we loved how close we were to the spa ( went about 2x/day). We have become so spoiled by Cloud 9 that it has become one of our top criteria in choosing a cruise. The spa room includes the unlimited pass for 2 (must be over 18). The cabin was really nice. Our upcoming cruise we will be in an inside spa room. The price was too good to pass up! I will miss the balcony, though. 

Cynthia

• Like 2

That is great to hear. I thought my wife might enjoy the extra little perks, but didn't want to do it at the expense of her being more sick from being high and at the front of the ship since she is so sensitive. Being that close to the waterslide wasn't too loud?

To the OP, whether you feel motion is going to depend on the weather.   Since these cabins are located high and towards the front of the ship, you are going to feel motion a lot more than if you were in the middle of the ship on a lower level.  We stayed in Cloud 9 balconies twice this year on Magic. On our cruise in July the movement was minimal, but during our cruise in February you could feel the ship rocking every night.  The rocking doesn’t bother us, but several passengers on our floor got sick during the cruise. The people who got sick that we talked to were also drinking, so that probably contributed to them gettting sick. 

Not sure what ship you are sailing on, but we love the thalassotherapy pool on the Dream class ships. That alone is worth staying in a Cloud 9 cabin in my opinion.  

Like everyone else here, no undue motion felt on our cruise last week, where we had a Deck 12 spa cabin on the Dream. My wife is susceptible to motion sickness. We did love and utilize the thermal suites and Thalassotherapy pool quite often. Definitely worth the small premium paid above a normal balcony.

We had spa interiors on deck 12 of the Breeze.  Motion was no issue.  We loved the location, the quiet hallways due to practically no children, and the close proximity to the saunas and the T pool.

The T pool alone is worth the premium paid for spa cabins.

We loved the location and would book there again on a Dream class ship.

I am sure most rooms are quiet but we had a terrible room on the Carnival Dream a few years back.  It was spa balcony 12216.  There is a door exiting to the outside right by the cabin door that people use to go in and out (instead of the main door 10 feet away).  The heavy door automatically slams shut and people used it late at night.  It wasn't just the 8 or so cabins in my hall using the door, it was other people just getting back inside.  Also, the stairs to the slide are on right there and when I booked I thought that after the slide is close, no one would use them.  Nope!  People run up and down them all night long.  You could also hear the deck parties very loud (at least they shut down earlier than the door slamming and the stairs noise).  I would get a spa balcony again but never by the door to the outside or by the stairs.  I am a sound sleeper and I am understanding of a little hallway noise but between that door being slammed at all hours and people running up and down those stairs, drove me crazy.  

13 hours ago, cdm289 said:

I am sure most rooms are quiet but we had a terrible room on the Carnival Dream a few years back.  It was spa balcony 12216.  There is a door exiting to the outside right by the cabin door that people use to go in and out (instead of the main door 10 feet away).  The heavy door automatically slams shut and people used it late at night.  It wasn't just the 8 or so cabins in my hall using the door, it was other people just getting back inside.  Also, the stairs to the slide are on right there and when I booked I thought that after the slide is close, no one would use them.  Nope!  People run up and down them all night long.  You could also hear the deck parties very loud (at least they shut down earlier than the door slamming and the stairs noise).  I would get a spa balcony again but never by the door to the outside or by the stairs.  I am a sound sleeper and I am understanding of a little hallway noise but between that door being slammed at all hours and people running up and down those stairs, drove me crazy.  

I totally agree with cdm289's observations!  Don't get a room close to the entry doors, you'll hear them slamming shut constantly, day and night!  Rooms about halfway down the corridor are somewhat quieter.

As far as the OP's wife tendency for motion sickness, I would not recommend a spa balcony, they are too far forward and will sway and be bouncy if seas are heavy.  Mid ship and lower down would be better.  Of course, in calm seas there would be little movement, but does the OP want to chance his wife's comfort?

Edited by evandbob

I have never booked the Cloud 9 balcony but we also had a Cloud 9 interior on Deck 11.  I loved the location.  I have been prone to a bit of seasickness on my last few cruises, but it's been mild and during the day.  At night, I don't remember having any issues.  So, I would expect if you are very prone to seasickness, this deck might not be right for you.  Personally, I wouldn't book a Cloud 9 on any class but Dream.  The T-pool is all that is worth it to me.   

Jcollin,

My wife and I were Cloud 9 Spa guests on the Sunshine this past June and throughly enjoyed it. Go for a spa tour on embarkation day and identify yourself as a cloud 9 guest. They will give you a tour. They will offer you upsells on other spa services. You obviously don’t have to buy. But the tour will give you a good overview of what’s available. Ask questions about hours and protocol. We really liked the heated chairs. Have a good time. 

On 12/8/2018 at 10:10 AM, loohoo1 said:

On our last cruise on the Dream, we were in a balcony room on the 11th deck. I didn't notice any motion and I am sensitive to it. The hallways are so quiet and we loved how close we were to the spa ( went about 2x/day). We have become so spoiled by Cloud 9 that it has become one of our top criteria in choosing a cruise. The spa room includes the unlimited pass for 2 (must be over 18). The cabin was really nice. Our upcoming cruise we will be in an inside spa room. The price was too good to pass up! I will miss the balcony, though. 

Cynthia

We LOVED the spa inside and my sister tend to be more high maintenance the older we get.  So quiet and close to all the action on the Splendor.  

2 hours ago, Tampa Bay Irish said:

Jcollin,

My wife and I were Cloud 9 Spa guests on the Sunshine this past June and throughly enjoyed it. Go for a spa tour on embarkation day and identify yourself as a cloud 9 guest. They will give you a tour. They will offer you upsells on other spa services. You obviously don’t have to buy. But the tour will give you a good overview of what’s available. Ask questions about hours and protocol. We really liked the heated chairs. Have a good time. 

I guess this goes for everyone and not just Jcollin, but did you notice it being rougher though being up top and in the front of the ship? I'm traveling with a wife who has gotten motion sickness before and 2 kids (8 and 5). We plan on taking some medicine before, but want to make sure it's not going to be much crazier than in the middle on deck 6. I keep reading mixed responses, and because it's so expensive, I just want to make sure everyone has a great time.

We had a spa balcony on deck 14 of the Vista and we felt a lot of movement. I was woken up a few times at night being ricked back and forth a little harder than I could sleep though. We don't have any issues with motion sickness, so we were fine. There were some storms and high weather when we sailed, so that is what caused all the movement. Also, there are no roofs for your balconies on the top deck.