Orlando Port Canaveral

ranchette

We enjoy taking the shuttle to Coco Beach. Its nice to spend some time on the beach. You get dropped off near some stores so it works out if you forgot anything. I was on one of the first cruises where they stopped using straws.  The CVS actually sold out of straws when I was there, because so many people where purchasing them.

• 2 months later...

Right outside PC's cruise terminal, plenty of cabs or taxis, shared ride - charged by the person(s) about $7 p/p each way when we did this last Spring, on demand - fill up those taxi/van & they go over to Coca Village or Coca Beach, a quick 10-15 minutes ride.  Drop you off @ Four Points Sheraton Hotel w a huge gift shop & Starbucks inside, across the street from Ron Jon Surf Shop - McDonalds across the street (WiFi) & also a Walgreens for essential. 

Plenty of shuttles/taxis going back to the ship/cruise terminal all day long, continuously - NCL/ship's shorex dropping off & picking up at the same spot.

Public beach is at the end of a 2 blocks walk, no shower or change facilities, but a place to rinse off sand.  

5 hours ago, mking8288 said:

Right outside PC's cruise terminal, plenty of cabs or taxis, shared ride - charged by the person(s) about $7 p/p each way when we did this last Spring, on demand - fill up those taxi/van & they go over to Coca Village or Coca Beach, a quick 10-15 minutes ride.  Drop you off @ Four Points Sheraton Hotel w a huge gift shop & Starbucks inside, across the street from Ron Jon Surf Shop - McDonalds across the street (WiFi) & also a Walgreens for essential. 

Plenty of shuttles/taxis going back to the ship/cruise terminal all day long, continuously - NCL/ship's shorex dropping off & picking up at the same spot.

Public beach is at the end of a 2 blocks walk, no shower or change facilities, but a place to rinse off sand.  

Thanks so much for that info.

7 hours ago, toothy26 said:

Just booked the excursion to the Orlando Eye, Aquarium, and Wax museum. It gets good reviews. I do not cruise until May.

I was just at the Kennedy Space Center with my husband- not on a cruise.  That was a great place to visit.  The cruise is with a girlfriend the end of March.  I live near Myrtle Beach and we have all those things here so I am not sure what we are going to do.  My friend's daughter lives in Orlando so we may just visit with her.

Cocoa Beach is a wonderful beach day. If you are wanting to go to the beach, head to the pier. The have chairs and umbrellas available for rental. On either side of the pier there are stations to wash off sand. The pier has several restraunts and bars. The best bar is Rikki Tiki Tavern. It is at the very end of the pier and the views of the ocean from there are amazing. I think you have to give them $2 in cash to to out to the bar, but they give you a token for $2 off your bill.

Ron Jon's is across the street. Lots of shopping right there. Starbucks and free Wi-Fi inside the hotel.

Fishlips is over by the port and has the best food in the area. Fun atmosphere, and very nice staff. 

If you like craft beer there is Coasters Taphouse. Their selection is amazing and the food is much better than Ale House.