Jump to content

Christmas Dinner?


Recommended Posts

49 minutes ago, cruise2480 said:

Does anyone know if the "traditional" Christmas dinner will be served on Christmas Eve or Christmas Day? We are cruising aboard the Regal, if that matters.

Who's tradition. Not all pax celebrate that holiday and very few of the service crew are "American". As I understand it, on Thanksgiving, turkey is one of the selections.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I have sailed a few times over Christmas and they have had a very nice dinner.

 

First time, we disembarked on December 26th - so they had a very nice Christmas Eve dinner and then lunch on Christmas day (we packed that night). Next time, it was on Christmas Day.

 

I would guess most times it would be Christmas Day.

 

BTW - I loved all the festivities on the ship. I like the Christmas caroling, watching the kids decorate gingerbread houses and cookies, caroling, the Captain reading Twas the Night Before Christmas and Santa passing out gifts to the kids onboard.

 

It is a wonderful time to be at sea.

Edited by Coral
Link to post
Share on other sites

As Christmas is an international holiday, there is a "traditional" holiday offering on the menu on Christmas Day.  You will find that the majority of the crew celebrates Christmas.  So, get your Merry Christmas greeting ready.  Every time you interact, or it seems even make eye contact with a crew member, they will wish you a Merry Christmas.  I have learned this having been on 10 Christmas time cruises.  I will be spending this Christmas aboard the Royal.

Edited by toeloop
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, jlp20 said:

Who's tradition. Not all pax celebrate that holiday and very few of the service crew are "American". As I understand it, on Thanksgiving, turkey is one of the selections.

 

OP didn't mention "American." If you don't already know, Christmas is celebrated all over the world. Stop with the ridiculous PC mumbo jumbo and just answer the OP's questions without being rude.

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, CI66774 said:

 

OP didn't mention "American." If you don't already know, Christmas is celebrated all over the world. Stop with the ridiculous PC mumbo jumbo and just answer the OP's questions without being rude.

Not PC mumbo jumbo at all. I believe that the point is that what is considered a "proper" Christmas dinner varies by country, region and even by family. I do agree about the remark about the crew to be unnecessary boarding on the rude. Why would the nationality/religion of the crew have any bearing on what dinner is being served to the passengers?

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, jlp20 said:

Who's tradition. Not all pax celebrate that holiday and very few of the service crew are "American". As I understand it, on Thanksgiving, turkey is one of the selections.

Not to exaggerate but they seem to do very well with other "Christmas traditions" such as Santa, Christmas caroling, gingerbread houses, decorating of cookies, decorations of trees and garland everywhere, etc... They do provide a very classy traditional Christmas experience "on the sea".

Link to post
Share on other sites

Christmas is celebrated around the world with many different traditions- as an American taking her family on a holiday cruise for the first time, I am sincerely hoping that there are traditional Christmas treats from countries other then just the US- travel for us is about experiencing new things and the different ways we do some of the same things!

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/8/2018 at 7:06 PM, toeloop said:

As Christmas is an international holiday, there is a "traditional" holiday offering on the menu on Christmas Day.  You will find that the majority of the crew celebrates Christmas.  So, get your Merry Christmas greeting ready.  Every time you interact, or it seems even make eye contact with a crew member, they will wish you a Merry Christmas.  I have learned this having been on 10 Christmas time cruises.  I will be spending this Christmas aboard the Royal.

We will be there with you!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • SPECIAL EVENT: Q&A with Barbara Muckermann, CMO Silversea Cruises
      • ICYM Our Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Explore the Remote World with Hurtigruten!
      • Q&A with the Quark Expeditions Team: New Ship Ultramarine
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...