Seaside 12.08.18 with mom live-ish

CoffeeGoddess

1 hour ago, CoffeeGoddess said:

If I had been traveling alone I probably would  have spent more time in the Champagne Bar and up at Wine and Cocktails (Welcome Bar).  Those were the two places with the types of friendly, bantering bartenders I was used to.  

Sorry to hear you've got the travel crud.  That's the worst, and has happened to me on more than one occasion.  Hope you feel better soon.

Is the Welcome Bar the one that had the crafty cocktails (with smoke)?  

3 hours ago, CoffeeGoddess said:

17 hours ago, mnocket said:

Wow.  I never knew they sold day passes to the YC.  What do day passes cost and do they limit the number sold?

They use to be $150 but probably are more now. Yes they limit the number sold based on if the YC if fully booked or not. 

On 12/16/2018 at 2:35 PM, jules815 said:

Sorry to hear you've got the travel crud.  That's the worst, and has happened to me on more than one occasion.  Hope you feel better soon.

Is the Welcome Bar the one that had the crafty cocktails (with smoke)?  

Thank you, I hope it clears up quickly too.

Yes, the Welcome bar was the one with the craft and smoky cocktails.

On 12/13/2018 at 10:31 AM, CoffeeGoddess said:

They just brought a tour group into the Topsail Lounge. They all had the MSC excursion stickers on and were led by a guide. Which is pissing me off a little right now because the concierge just told me this morning that we couldn't do the cabins on the cabin crawl here in the Yacht Club because it would be disruptive.  I will be telling them that.

The ship staff can control the "tours" that are given. They are actually very unobtrusive and the # of people is limited. 

If a cabin crawl group was allowed in, how would they be able to control where those people went and if they left in the same group they arrived in. It would be a logistics nightmare for the YC staff. I fully understand their not allowing cabin crawls to include YC cabins.

Edited by gimletgal

On 12/8/2018 at 6:51 PM, CoffeeGoddess said:

20181208_182350.thumb.jpg.cf4bca2d018cf11a86b0462ea83550b4.jpg

Sushi maki appetizer.  Mom had the nicsisioe howeverthehellyouspellit salad.

I had to chuckle when I saw that the first pic you posted was of your mum in the YC dining room and the people directly behind her are my husband and friends😂. Not sure where I was then.

We also had a great time in YC and the areas we ventured to on the ship although we found ourselves heading back to the peace and quiet of YC fairly quickly. Also had Hendrick’s with no charge and as much as I was annoyed by all the changes being posted prior to sailing we never once felt that way on board. There is so much to choose from and you are so well taken care of that it’s hard for me to relate to the complainers. And there were some in YC last week for sure. There was one man in particular in Topsail that we heard actually berating the butlers in Topsail and the people at concierge. The experience was ‘far below his standards’. There was also an older woman that we saw often, smiling and chatting with staff and she has posted absolutely scathing reports of them on Facebook. Whatever, we had an amazing time and booked again.

Edited by goodml
  • Like 2

Okay, let me get the menus I took pictures of up here.  Looks like I hit the YC so I"ll do the Champagne Bar, Sports Bar, Pool Bars, Bistro la Boheme. and Venchi.

First off is Venchi. As I stated I was able to get all of the cocktails, coffee, and hot chocolate with no issues with the YC package I had.  I did not try to get any of the "experiences"so cannot say as to if they were included or not.

20181208_135013.thumb.jpg.0856bf32595b50245ea5ba343b9fd909.jpg

20181208_135023.thumb.jpg.71b7889f2c1757d28b0b909cf7b02226.jpg

20181208_135040.thumb.jpg.f718a2dee5308b751e9d622202eeb367.jpg

20181208_135045.thumb.jpg.429527ad95f108c37a21c4d72ed12e81.jpg

20181208_135056.thumb.jpg.a3eb2b8192272f381214101f26adfc01.jpg

20181208_135114.thumb.jpg.d195c2db717bf0aff5fd85c5df57399e.jpg

2 hours ago, Cruisergal1208 said:

Not surprised they stopped serving food in the Bistro. Never many people eating there.  We tried it once and that was enough. Did Venchi still bring chocolates to the YC at night?  Always a special treat. Thanks so much for the pictures and great memories. 

I saw the little bowls of the nuget type treats and the chocolate on the pillows but I probably missed the chocolates so can't confirm if they do or not.