Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
Scrapnana

ms Nieuw Amsterdam in Port Everglades December 9, 2018

Recommended Posts

Nieuw Amsterdam will be at Pier 21 (port to - rather unusual) where our view will not be blocked by Edge from 0615-1600.  Most HAL ships have been leaving at 1700 so we will have to watch if this gets changed.  She will be going on a 7-day Eastern Caribbean cruise. 

31266299928_6114354578_z.jpg

Sunday, December 9

Fort Lauderdale, FL

 

Monday, December 10

At Sea

 

Tuesday, December 11

Grand Turk, Turks and Caicos Islands

 

Wednesday, December 12

San Juan, Puerto Rico

 

Thursday, December 13

St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands

 

Friday, December 14

At Sea

 

Saturday, December 15

Half Moon Cay, Bahamas

 

Sunday, December 16

Fort Lauderdale, FL

 

Also in port are Celebrity Silhouette from 0430-1600 (pier 29), Regal Princess from 0500-1600 (pier 2), Harmony of the Seas from 0515-1630 (pier 18), Celebrity Edge from 0530-1600 (pier 25), and Caribbean Princess from 0545-1600 (pier 4).  With five ships set to sail at 1600 this might be a long sail-away. 

 

The PTZtv webcams can be found at  https://www.ftlauderdalewebcam.com/ and https://www.portevergladeswebcam.com/

 

Eurodam will be in San Diego, departing on a 7-day Mexican Riviera cruise.   http://sundiegolive.com/

 

Next up:  Koningsdam and Veendam on Monday, 10 December.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Am

10 hours ago, Scrapnana said:

Nieuw Amsterdam will be at Pier 21 (port to - rather unusual) where our view will not be blocked by Edge from 0615-1600.  Most HAL ships have been leaving at 1700 so we will have to watch if this gets changed.  She will be going on a 7-day Eastern Caribbean cruise.  

Am I going crazy or did she dock starboard to despite the note in the port schedule?

 

Roy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm intersted in seeing how the Edge affects the schedule of the ships behind it. That could potentially be the Zuiderdam next Sunday. PEV traffic does not go out that far yet. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We leaving on the Nieuw Amsterdam next Sunday.  I've been watch the cam this month.  We are packed except for the hanging clothes and bathroom stuff.  I snagged one of the four cabin on the ship (on upper promenade) that has the 15 foot deep balconies.  So what if some can see part of our balcony from above, I''ll just strut my stuff.image.jpg.de7fc44820991f6fddc198c7c0ab7e  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, danielsumner said:

We leaving on the Nieuw Amsterdam next Sunday.  I've been watch the cam this month.  We are packed except for the hanging clothes and bathroom stuff.  I snagged one of the four cabin on the ship (on upper promenade) that has the 15 foot deep balconies.  So what if some can see part of our balcony from above, I''ll just strut my stuff.image.jpg.de7fc44820991f6fddc198c7c0ab7e  

 

 

Very nice 😄 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, rafinmd said:

Am

Am I going crazy or did she dock starboard to despite the note in the port schedule?

 

Roy

I thought that "port to" was going to be wrong.  Although I have seen a ship or two at 21 port to, they are few and far between.

Edited by Scrapnana

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, rafinmd said:

Am

Am I going crazy or did she dock starboard to despite the note in the port schedule?

 

Roy

 

You're not going crazy; she's starboard side alongside :classic_cool:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • SAIL-AWAY GIVEAWAY - Enter for a chance to win a $3,000 Norwegian Cruise Line Gift Card
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...