Specialty Dining Package Questions- Edge

floralscent

We have sailed on S class ships multiple times and have always had a 5 or more night specialty dining pkg.. Our last Celebrity cruise was 12/2015 and at that time you had to reserve your first night in advance at a specified venue and then reserve the rest once onboard. I understand the packages work differently now and I am wondering if an Edge cruiser could fill me in on the package details.  

Is there anyone that has sailed on the Edge with a Specialty Dining Package?  If so, how easy was it to get a dinner reservation at a restaurant that you wanted?  I am just wondering about availabllity but honestly will be happy at any of the options even if this means we don't get a chance to eat at a venue or two. 

I am asking these questions because we are sailing on the Edge in January and have a 5 night dining package.  We are not picky about dining time...we prefer a later seating but because this is not a port intrensive cruise, dining time is very flexible with us.

Is lunch included?  A rep told me you can either eat a lunch or dinner with the pkg. if correct, how are the lunch menus?

How do all of the specialty restaurants work with the pkg?  I have talked with a Celebrity rep regarding what is included in the pkg and what is not but as you all know, the answers can vary rep to rep and often all are incorrect. I have been told Fine Cut, Raw on 5, La Petite, Eden and Rooftop Grill are all included and there is no extra out of pocket other than drinks.  Is this correct?

it is what it is and we are okay with it but We just like to know the 'rules' in advance.  

Thanks so much!

I  have a 4 dinner package on the 2/3 Edge cruise and am wondering if anyone has had difficulty getting reservations which can only be made once onboard.  Sunday night is out for us as we are big Super Bowl people and hope they offer viewing for that. Maybe you can let me know how your made out once your cruise is over?  Will be appreciated.

• 3 weeks later...

Bumping this topic back up. Any new information? My wife read elsewhere that many of the specialty restaurants were 100%  booked online in advance and were unavailable for booking onboard. Since you can't book in advance  with a dining package do the hold tables for booking onboard for those with a package?  Also does anyone know if all the venues are available on the package? Eden, La Petite Chef?

Thanks

3 hours ago, Son of a Cruiser said:

Bumping this topic back up. Any new information? My wife read elsewhere that many of the specialty restaurants were 100%  booked online in advance and were unavailable for booking onboard. Since you can't book in advance  with a dining package do the hold tables for booking onboard for those with a package?  Also does anyone know if all the venues are available on the package? Eden, La Petite Chef?

Thanks

I didn't have a dining package, but heard from the Retreat Concierge that on that particular cruise that I was on (Dec 1), all specialty dining was sold out except for what was held for people with dining packages. My understanding was that they hold some of each time slot for the packages. This was at about 11:30 on the first day and the guests (including suite guests) who didn't have a package or didn't pre-book were out of luck. Since it was a 3 night cruise, it may be why all were sold out - I'm not sure if that has happened on the 7 night cruises. Hopefully, someone that had a dining package will report back here.

It does cover Le Petit Chef, Eden, Roof Top Grill, Fine Cut Steakhouse, Le Grand Bistro dinner (there are a few non-Le Petit Chef tables along the terrace- it is $25 for dinner without package) and Raw on 5 ($35 max a la carte PP). My cruise planner says it covers lunch as well, so likely Le Grand Bistro and Roof Top Grill are included for lunch (they are $20 and $25 respectively for lunch) and likely any other specialties that open for lunch on occasion. It does not cover Dinner on the Edge and Magic Carpet Restaurant.

http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/Tradeshow_in_a_Box/12029863_CEL_DiningPackages_Pricing_Flyer.pdf

Edited by vtcruising