Edge ice cream & gelato

cruisestitch

I know. I put it in my review as a miss. The people are confused and I even saw some get angry that they would have to pay for the flavor they wanted (a gelato flavor right next to the free ice cream). They will change that, I predict!

14 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

No, Scoops is a separate place.  

When we had an ice cream there I’m pretty sure we were in Il

Secondo Bacio on Deck 14.

Hope you gave a great cruise.

Edited by Oville

1 minute ago, Oville said:

That would have been better! We went twice and another time for a picture, and all 3 times it was at Scoops. Henry saw 4 gelato flavors when he went. I saw 2 flavors the times I went (caramel and vanilla).

image.thumb.png.418f58aa697308c598b3e505116f98e2.pngimage.thumb.png.87fb387ea0ecf977dd91d0322c572c89.png

35 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

No gelato at Cafe al Bacio.  Oceanview has “scoops” area .... 8 flavors at no extra charge, two gelatos for a fee.  No affogatto.😪

940D8854-A9A6-4B1C-8D4E-A6458AE51E8A.jpeg

25780A35-AF79-43F9-A83E-7CD55E086551.jpeg

no affogatto😣 , that was my favourite coffee at Cafe al Bacio every afternoon...I skipped the cake for that...Rose

Only people with tons of OBC is going to pay extra for that Italian style ice cream - the normal one is probably as good and free. I pay 1 euro for a scoop of Italian style ice cream at home, why spend tons on ice cream when you already paid for the food included? 

One free scoop of gelato is an Elite perk so I have a feeling those are the ones who ordered it most.  I always used my freebie but not this trip since it seemed out of the way and the day I went I didn’t like the flavors.  Im sure there was tons of confusion with the regular ice cream and for fee gelato being together.

16 minutes ago, Oville said:

Hope you gave a great cruise.

We saw it in Scoops on the Dec 1 cruise. They may have moved it from Cafe al Bacio II by then.

7 minutes ago, vtcruising said:

That would have been better! We went twice and another time for a picture, and all 3 times it was at Scoops. Henry saw 4 gelato flavors when he went. I saw 2 flavors the times I went (caramel and vanilla).

image.thumb.png.418f58aa697308c598b3e505116f98e2.pngimage.thumb.png.87fb387ea0ecf977dd91d0322c572c89.png

Thanks I knew the ice cream and gelato were together in Scoops but in I’l Secondo Bacio.  While we ate our scoops we were right across from the baristas.  It was not the same atmosphere as al Bacio for sure.

8 hours ago, cruisestitch said:

No gelato at Cafe al Bacio.  Oceanview has “scoops” area .... 8 flavors at no extra charge, two gelatos for a fee.  No affogatto.😪

I am very disappointed about this. Just when I figured out that you could get affogato for free with the classic drink package!

Edited by MisterBill99