U.K. Cruisers problem booking carnival Australia

cbowls30

On 12/9/2018 at 11:42 PM, MicCanberra said:

Cannot help, perhaps try through a online agency - dummy booking?

Hi, Mic

If the OP does a dummy booking on a website and gets as far as typing credit card details and getting the card accepted, there's a very strong chance that it will have gone beyond a "dummy" booking :classic_wacko:

Yes, either the OP has over-spent this month, or someone's hacked into their account. :classic_ohmy:

Or much more likely because it's not an Antipodean card. 

Perhaps Carnival have an embargo on folk booking outside their own country - for instance a few years back they didn't (still don't?)  accept UK cruisers booking on their US site - which was $$$ cheaper.

Mebbe give their Southampton HQ a bell on  

Or, since you already know the price, bell a UK cruise agent or two & get them to quote - good chance it'll be cheaper or you can blag a freebie or two.
Google "cruise agents UK".
We're not allowed to quote agents names on Cruise Critic, but one in particular has a very cold office.

JB :classic_smile:

Hi all,

i ended up having to call carnival, and the only number I could find was in Miami. (even though we are in the U.K.) they were very helpful and I ended up having to pay over the phone, the lady on the phone also said that if I wish to prebook any excursions I will probably have to do that over the phone as well, apparently to because the Australian website doesn't like non-Australian/New Zealand credit cards, seems a bit archaic?!! 

12 hours ago, cbowls30 said:

Hi all,

i ended up having to call carnival, and the only number I could find was in Miami. (even though we are in the U.K.) they were very helpful and I ended up having to pay over the phone, the lady on the phone also said that if I wish to prebook any excursions I will probably have to do that over the phone as well, apparently to because the Australian website doesn't like non-Australian/New Zealand credit cards, seems a bit archaic?!! 

Very strange, I book using a international card (not Australian) so maybe it is a residential thing.

Yeh I thought it was strange because we've booked carnival cruises through the USA website many times without an issue, however it looks like I, gonna have to get back in touch with them again as the current offer of OBC is not displayed on the booking anywhere