BridgeMates

How to Get "Remember my Password" back on?

On 12/15/2018 at 2:29 AM, Globaliser said:

Even if you never actively log out, every time you leave CC for a while you will be automatically logged out after a period of inactivity. That's how it worked in the old system and that's how it works in the new system.

What some CCers have long relied on is that CC will automatically log you back in when you come back to CC (which is different from not being logged out). For some people, that automatic login process is now more visible than it used to be, because it takes several seconds. For other people, the automatic login process is failing for some reason. For yet others, it seems that even a manual login is not sticking for the duration of a browser session.

Bumping this.  Since the big move, I've occasionally had to log in explicitly.  Prior to a few days ago, when I clicked through on an email notification, it would take a few seconds to log me in, but I didn't have to do anything.

Lately, I've had click the login button to post in a subscribed thread, and I'm now getting "not authorized" (or whatever it says) when I click through on my roll calls.  This happened never before the big change, and occasionally after, now pretty much most of the time.  Before it was mildly annoying.  Now it's getting really annoying.

Anyone else?

17 hours ago, abbydancer said:

Bumping this.  Since the big move, I've occasionally had to log in explicitly.  Prior to a few days ago, when I clicked through on an email notification, it would take a few seconds to log me in, but I didn't have to do anything.

Lately, I've had click the login button to post in a subscribed thread, and I'm now getting "not authorized" (or whatever it says) when I click through on my roll calls.  This happened never before the big change, and occasionally after, now pretty much most of the time.  Before it was mildly annoying.  Now it's getting really annoying.

Anyone else?

Yup. Same here. Worked fine for a few days, now, back to square one. 

Here too. 

The "remember me" doesn't work on ipad or on my pc.  

I havent changed any cookie settings.   Occassionally I will clear history and cookies to reset counters for other websites with " x free articles".

In the past while I'm logged out after this, the login info autofilled for me.   Now it does not.  

I cannot find where to tell my ipad (safari) and pc (chrome) to remember the login id and password for cruise critic.   

Every other website works the same as it always has.  

Only the new cruisecritic platform doesn't have the "remember me" option.  

30 minutes ago, cruisintoddler said:

Bumping .... 

Has anyone found the "remember me" option for login on ANY device yet??  

There is no longer such an option. You automatically stay logged in now.  

However, there does seem to be a bit of a glitch with some devices, so that you are logged out after a period of time. I believe this is a known issue. 

3 hours ago, Turtles06 said:

There is no longer such an option. You automatically stay logged in now.  

However, there does seem to be a bit of a glitch with some devices, so that you are logged out after a period of time. I believe this is a known issue. 

I'm looking for the autofilled login info for when I clear cookies which I do periodically for other reasons.  

Without the "remember me" option, there is no saved login data after I clear cookies.  

Just another feature missing in this new platform.   

It would be appreciated if the moderators would reply regarding the possibility of adding some of these things back in future updates.