Unlimited Soda & More Package?

encruiserpr

9 hours ago, Ep010835 said:

As I noted above, “The bartender gave us a total of 4 one liter bottles of cold water. He said this was part of the (Unlimited Sodas and More) package. 

4 one liter bottles is a LOT of water. 

The water bottles were a substitute for a soda cup which used to be given with the purchase of the package.

8 hours ago, voljeep said:

dunno - but you can't just go up to a bar at any time during the cruise and ask for a bottle of water and think that the soda package covers the cost of it

No. No a part of the sopd & more package.

Anybody can get a glass of water at a bar and anybody can purchase a bottle of water at a bar.

16 hours ago, voljeep said:

dunno - but you can't just go up to a bar at any time during the cruise and ask for a bottle of water and think that the soda package covers the cost of it

The soda & more package does not cover bottles of water.

"indulge yourself with this premium Unlimited Soda & More Package, entitling you to unlimited fountain soft drinks, plus mocktails, juices, and complimentary hot chocolate throughout your cruise."

21 hours ago, skynight said:

Not our experience in California and Florida. There are tables around the ship that hand write the receipts. These receipts are processed in the evening after the ship sails with no local tax. In the past at the time of purchase a sticker was placed on the cruise card. With everything changing to electronic it will be good to ask purchase will be active, and if tax is added. 

That's interesting that they save them until you leave port.  When you buy an individual drink while docked in LA, they charge tax on it.  I wonder how they get around that?

23 minutes ago, DrivesLikeMario said:

That's interesting that they save them until you leave port.  When you buy an individual drink while docked in LA, they charge tax on it.  I wonder how they get around that?

I don't know how they do it, but in FL and TX we always get charged tax on individual drinks while in port.  On the other hand, when my wife purchases the soda and more package in port, they do not process the charge until we have left port, and we have never been charged tax on the package.

Edited by Jersey42

3 hours ago, DrivesLikeMario said:

By not posting the charge to your account until after the ship has sailed out of local waters

On 12/5/2018 at 9:23 PM, Amy7949 said:

I wonder do they have wine package for servel bottles of wine?

On 12/5/2018 at 9:35 PM, GUT2407 said:

Yes.

Amy - Welcome to cruise critic!  If you search (top right corner of the main Princess page) on 'wine packages' you should find a number of threads.  This is from a recent one:

Astro Flyer said:
The details on the wine packages are:

Note: A 15% gratuity is added to all package prices (like any other bar purchase).

Silver Package (wines up to $29 per bottle list price)

7 bottles -- $161 (average of $23 per bottle)

10 bottles -- $210 (average of $21 per bottle)

12 bottles -- $240 (average of $20 per bottle)

Gold Package (wines up to $45 per bottle list price)

7 bottles -- $217 (average of $31 per bottle)

10 bottles -- $290 (average of $29 per bottle)

12 bottles -- $336 (average of $28 per bottle)

You get a punch card which can be used at any of the dining locations.

You may choose any wine on on the regular wine menu. If you want to buy a wine that costs more than what the package covers, you just pay the difference. For example, if you have a Gold package and buy a wine that costs $46, the charge for $46 will appear on your stateroom account, followed by a $45 credit

Many posters note that it is not well publicized so best to ask your waiter at your first meal in the dining room about availability.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, DrivesLikeMario said:

caribill - Obviously.  I meant with the tax regulations, not physically how they do it. 

By posting it after the ship has sailed out of local waters, they do not have to include the tax as the sale is recorded as not being within the local jurisdiction.

11 hours ago, caribill said:

By posting it after the ship has sailed out of local waters, they do not have to include the tax as the sale is recorded as not being within the local jurisdiction.

Yes, I know that but what I'm wondering (and it really isn't that important, but just curious) is how they can do that when a good or service is used (people start drinking immediately) but not charged in the jurisdiction it was purchased and was being used.  Is there some other law for beverages maybe?

12 hours ago, DrivesLikeMario said:

Yes, I know that but what I'm wondering (and it really isn't that important, but just curious) is how they can do that when a good or service is used (people start drinking immediately) but not charged in the jurisdiction it was purchased and was being used.  Is there some other law for beverages maybe?

Let's just say they are fudging the system for the passengers' benefit.

• Haha 1

Hello.

I am considering prepaying a Unlimited Soda & More Package for my upcoming Regal Princess cruise. I bought one in the RC Freedom of the Seas and was great because the red Coke machines had a wide selection of soft drinks and non-carbonated drinks.  Does the Regal Princess carry these red Coke soft drink dispensers? Or do they serve soft drinks at the bars?  If they are served by the bar, which soft drink selection they offer? What mocktails and juices do they offer? How much they charge for soft drinks? For mocktails?

This would help me decide whether or not to purchase the Unlimited Soda & More Package.

Along the same line, Do you know if the Regal Princess staff lets you bring non-alcoholic beverages on board? 

Please advise. 

Thanks!

Thanks everyone for the replies.

Do someone knows how much Princess charges for soft drinks glasses? For Mocktails? Juices?

I am now wondering how many Coke or mocktail glasses or do I have to drink per day to offset the Package’s $8.05 daily charge.

2 hours ago, encruiserpr said:

Do someone knows how much Princess charges for soft drinks glasses? For Mocktails? Juices? I am now wondering how many Coke or mocktail glasses or do I have to drink per day to offset the Package’s $8.05 daily charge.

Figure $5 for the mocktails and $2 for sodas. Not sure about juice.  Add 15% gratuity to each drink.  So the break even point is 1 soda and 1 mocktail per day.   

2 hours ago, encruiserpr said:

Thanks everyone for the replies.

Do someone knows how much Princess charges for soft drinks glasses? For Mocktails? Juices?

I am now wondering how many Coke or mocktail glasses or do I have to drink per day to offset the Package’s $8.05 daily charge.

Maybe around four 12 oz glasses of soda/day is the breakeven. Mocktails are around $5. 

57 minutes ago, Ombud said:

Just off Sapphire:

Mocktail $7+TX

Soda $3+TX

So 1 mocktail or 2 sodas per day = Sodas & more

Wow.  I assume the TX is the 15% gratuity + any local tax while in port. If so, that is a huge (40 - 50%) price jump since our last Princess cruise about a year ago especially if it is fleet wide.  Posts from only a few months ago indicated the old $5/$2 pricing (+ gratuity).  So $8.05/day with gratuity for the package is even a better deal.

Do you know if prices for alcoholic drinks have gone up by similar amounts too? 

Edited by Jersey42

Could swear that was what I paid but will check bill when I get home. I thought sodas+more was 1 mocktail or 2 sodas PER DAY as you have to buy for all trip. Wine still $7 although after dinner wine went down to $4 in MDR! Go figure :classic_unsure:

8 minutes ago, Ombud said:

Could swear that was what I paid but will check bill when I get home. I thought sodas+more was 1 mocktail or 2 sodas PER DAY as you have to buy for all trip. Wine still $7 although after dinner wine went down to $4 in MDR! Go figure :classic_unsure:

I am curious on what you find/

26 minutes ago, Jersey42 said:

Posts from only a few months ago indicated the old $5/$2 pricing (+ gratuity).

I just found a mid October post that indicated mocktails had gone up to $5.50, but cans of soda were still $2.00.  So if your memory is good, $7 is still a significant increase of more than 25% for mocktails.

Edited by Jersey42

• 1 month later...

I was about to pre-purchase the Unlimited Sodas and More package, but after reading this thread, I am a bit confused.

Some here have reported being given bottled water when they purchased the package onboard.  Otherwise, bottled water appears NOT to be included.  Now, if you purchase the package on the internet before the cruise, how would you get bottled water?  What if you purchased it at a table rather than at the bar?  I am asking this because my wife really wants bottled water.  She is likely to go work out at the gym a time or two during the day (our cruise has no port days) and wants a bottle of water while she's doing that plus, she never really likes to use tap water out of the bathroom sink for things like brushing her teeth (I know, an unfounded fear--but it's her thing)--one of the reasons she wants a package.  On Celebrity, the packages all include bottled water...which WOULD seem smart on the cruise line's part...Wouldn't they rather have you fill up on cheap water than keep asking them for mocktails--which cost them more and require more bartender time?

The package does NOT include bottled water ...

Some posters have reported getting a couple bottles of water INSTEAD of the plastic cups that come / used to come with the package

you can purchase PRE-CRUISE, water at 7 bucks USD for a 12 bottle 'case' thru your personalizer ...

1 minute ago, voljeep said:

The package does NOT include bottled water ...

Some posters have reported getting a couple bottles of water INSTEAD of the plastic cups that come / used to come with the package

you can purchase PRE-CRUISE, water at 7 bucks USD for a 12 bottle 'case' thru your personalizer ...

I'm only on a 3-night cruise...even 12 bottles may be overkill...