Maasdam Bathrooms Updated

edward01ca

We will be on the Maasdam out of Fremantle on January 6.  When we went on the Volendam repositioning cruise through the Panama Canal last October, we were happily surprised with the new larger shower with no tub and a big glass door to the shower.  We were wondering if the Maasdam has had this renovation?

4 hours ago, edward01ca said:

We will be on the Maasdam out of Fremantle on January 6.  When we went on the Volendam repositioning cruise through the Panama Canal last October, we were happily surprised with the new larger shower with no tub and a big glass door to the shower.  We were wondering if the Maasdam has had this renovation?

Maasdam was in drydock in August or early Sept 2018. l I was on it immediately after it.  I had not sailed on it previously, so cannot be sure, but it looked like my bathroom had all new tile walls, floor, and counter/sink.  My cabin was an inside on deck 3, and its configuration didn't have space for the new showers like I had on Volendam in April, but the rest of the bathroom appeared newly updated.  

We were also post-dry dock Maasdam and the bathroom decor was updated but the verandah cabin still had a shower/tub. New taupe paneling instead of the pink tiles. Perfectly fine and functional, but no walk in shower for our cabin - aft end of verandah deck. Only problem post-drydock was luke-warm water for a few days -some sort of valve problem that finally got remedied.

The Volendam is a different class ship and newer than the Maasdam so they may have different remodeling game plans. Maasdam is coming to the end of her "useful" life in corporate terms so it may not be getting the same remodeling investments as  the other Volendam class ships - Amsterdam, Rotterdam and Zaandam.. 

Edited by OlsSalt