can you purchase Clorox wipes on the ship.

dubroben22

hi everyone

I am going in couple of days to our first cruise.

We like to make sure that everything is clean so we need some Clorox wipes for that.

Can you purchase them on the ship, get them from cabin steward or should I bring a box from home? 

thx in advance

I've never seen anything like that in the gift shop.  Even if they did, the gift shop isn't open while in port, so if you wanted to do it as soon as you arrived, you wouldn't be able to, you'd have to wait until the ship was out to sea.

Edited by fabby50

13 hours ago, Two Wheels Only said:

Do not flush them...

Excellent point NOT TO BE OVERLOOKED - a good place for them why of course making the trash

can sparkling and clean - but before trashing the used Clorox wipe use it on the door handle exiting

the room you are in -

Remember the ole school protocol of using the wash room paper towel to wipe the handle on the

exit door leaving the facility is this done anymore ? 

16 minutes ago, don't-use-real-name said:

Excellent point NOT TO BE OVERLOOKED - a good place for them why of course making the trash

can sparkling and clean - but before trashing the used Clorox wipe use it on the door handle exiting

the room you are in -

Remember the ole school protocol of using the wash room paper towel to wipe the handle on the

Never by me...

9 hours ago, don't-use-real-name said:

the room you are in -

There are signs posted on the door suggesting you use a tissue or paper towel to open the door and the waste basket is within reach to throw it away.  

• Like 2

I actually bring hand sanitizer wipes for my family to use AFTER we have filled our plates at the buffet.  At least I can kill off the crap we catch on the tongs from people who escape the wishy washy person or are back for round 2, 3, etc....

Edited by GetMeOutOfMN
  • Thanks 1

Clorox and Lysol disinfecting wipes do not kill Norovirus.  They will kill the flu, staph, e. coli, salmonella, strep, etc. so are very useful.  You need to buy their germicidal wipes which are not usually available in local stores.  Alcohol based hand sanitizers also do not kill norovirus.  

On 12/12/2018 at 10:52 PM, PTC DAWG said:

Eat more dirt, get sick less. 

thanks, my thought: there is too much concern around a little bit of dirt and a few germs these days. Or maybe I am just not concerned enough. I just know the wipes do not kill as many germs as some seem to think they do. Wiping down the phone: maybe a good idea, carrying wipes everywhere over doing it for me anyway. For others if you feel better using wipes, that is great but do remember, kids get dirty in so many ways. Actually we all do.

I have never brought them.  However, I am a subscriber to SeaCruises blog. She always brings wipes and on her Vlogs she always wipes the counters and sink down with Clorox wipes when she checks into the cabin. While the cabin looks clean and spotless, its amazing the grime and crud she gets on these wipes.  So I am bringing them next cruise.  The cabins are clean but with such quick turn around, they don't get the deep cleaning they should.  Women's make up, suntan lotion, sodas, etc get spilled on the counter and the crud just sticks to it. You don't really know what is there until you wipe :classic_ohmy:

• Like 2

SenseiB - thanks for the clarification.  And newmexicoNita, I am all for exposure to germs to let bodies build up immunity.  We wash frequently with soap and water, but I figure at a minimum the wipes can prevent against at least some germs and it makes me feel better so I bring them along to the cruises.  I thought 99.99% would have us covered but I guess I have falling for the marketing.  We have been on four cruises and have been fortunate to escape norovirus so far - fingers crossed for next time!

41 minutes ago, GetMeOutOfMN said:

SenseiB - thanks for the clarification.  And newmexicoNita, I am all for exposure to germs to let bodies build up immunity.  We wash frequently with soap and water, but I figure at a minimum the wipes can prevent against at least some germs and it makes me feel better so I bring them along to the cruises.  I thought 99.99% would have us covered but I guess I have falling for the marketing.  We have been on four cruises and have been fortunate to escape norovirus so far - fingers crossed for next time!

when we cruised before having a kid, we didn't care about it either. As a matter of fact, I got my first rotavirus infection when I was pregnant... Once we started cruising with the kiddo - Lysol wipes for the entire cabin, since kids are not adults and don't have the impulse control not to stick their hands in the mouth all the time.

Our friend was once patient zero on a 10 day cruise... Not fun.