Should I be worried?

mvh

What happened to my booking for next Sept 13 on the Preziosa out of Amsterdam?  I can't find my booking and I don't see they offer this itinerary on their website.  I realize MCS's website is known for having issues, but I'm a little concerned.  Should I be?  Has anyone heard anything?

I would probably try to call MSC.  On the MSC USA website I can see that Preziosa is in Rotterdam on Sept 13, 2019 but it looks to be an overnight stop.  And I don't see that docking is available from that port.  Looks like:

Sept 8: Hamburg embarkation

Sept 10: Le Havre embarkation

Sept 11: Southampton embarkation

Sept 15: Hamburg again

Sept 17: Le Havre again

Sept 18: Southampton again

You are correct, my new confirmation says Rotterdam, but no one at MSC knows the actual name of the dock and if it is actually in Rotterdam, some say IJmuiden.  Wonder if I will get any compensation for the added travel expense since my flight and hotel are already booked in Amsterdam?  Ya right, like that will happen.  Looks like Rotterdam is at least an hour away.  Does anyone know where the train stations are for each?  Quite a bummer.

Thanks for the encouragement. What is the best way to get there? Train? How long of a ride and is the station close to the port. Since the ship it staying overnight we were thinking on dropping our bags early and exploring. I can’t get too upset, we got an incredible deal on this cruise and flights from the states and have already been upgraded from a Fantastica inside to a balcony. Sounds like we just get an extra city to see.  All good.

Now I’m really confused. I got my new confirmation from MSC stating that infact the cruise is now starting in Rotterdam and not Amsterdam. However, when my friends try to book it on the MSC website it it nowhere to be found. When they try on two separate on line agencies, they both say they start in Amsterdam. How difficult is it for MSC to get this straight? I am really starting to believe they are a second rate company. This should have been straightened out in a matter of hours, yet it has now been days and my booking still doesn’t show up on line. Very frustrating. Does anyone else have The Preziosa booked for September 13, 2019 that is not having issues? It is very hard to plan with all the uncertainty.

I get that, but why would the big on line travel agents show that they are leaving from Amsterdam?  This is very misleading and wrong.  One should not have to research every port to make sure it is legitimate if you are using a travel agent.  MSC is really a mess compared to any other major line.

It could well be that just like the drink package fiasco MSC have not yet filtered the info through to travel agents or the travel agents have yet to change their info, something they don't always do right away.

On 12/15/2018 at 7:19 PM, mvh said:

I get that, but why would the big on line travel agents show that they are leaving from Amsterdam?  This is very misleading and wrong.  One should not have to research every port to make sure it is legitimate if you are using a travel agent.  MSC is really a mess compared to any other major line.

Given that the cruise originally did say Amsterdam, I'm guessing the information just has not flowed downward to the TA's yet.  

• Like 1

Ok, it’s been about 2 weeks now and I still don’t see a cruise offered out of Rotterdam on September 13. Yet, I still have my confirmation for that date departing from Rotterdam. How bad are these guys? No one can answer why it isn’t offered on their website. Not very reassuring. Does anyone else have this date booked?