Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
160july

Sign and Sail question.

Recommended Posts

Ive booked three rooms and we are taking our adult kids,  spouses and children . We are paying for all three rooms. However we do not want to pay for all their sign and sail charges. How do we not have the charges for all three rooms on our credit card. I cant figure out how to not have our card on all three bookings.  Im hoping one of you can help me out. Thanks! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

when you do your online checkin, select cash as the payment method.

 

You can then switch to credit card during the actual check in process at the terminal or onboard the ship by visiting guest services.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When you check in at the terminal, you'll be able to change the credit card on file. Have your kids put their own cards on their rooms when you get to the ship.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As previous poster stated, you can set up their accounts as cash when doing online check in but if you want to save time during the check in process at the port, set up a credit card account online before heading to the port.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Each cabin has their own booking #.    Have each of your kids do their own online check in.   and fill out their own information.   I have never given the kids charging privileges.    Make sure the adult kids know there is tipping of 13.99 pp per day

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, serene56 said:

Each cabin has their own booking #.    Have each of your kids do their own online check in.   and fill out their own information.   I have never given the kids charging privileges.    Make sure the adult kids know there is tipping of 13.99 pp per day

 

I already prepaid all the tips for them. Thanks so much for the info!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just did the same thing with my grown kids.  I prepaid tips and bought their drink packages, but any other incidentals were on them.  As was stated before, when they do their on-line check-in, they can just set up their own credit for sail and sign.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I did a similar thing for my DD & DSIL... I told them they're responsible for setting up their own S&S account. I do have a question though- I made reservations for the steakhouse for them for one night of the cruise... my hubby & I will pay for it but the reservation is on their folio #. Does anyone know how I make sure that their dinner goes onto our account? Do I have to go to Guest Services or the steakhouse before their dinner? Or wait til it's charged then transfer it to us?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When they do their online check-in they can put their own credit card on the account. You can even get as granular as people in the room. For example I travel with friends often and they are on their own CC for their S&S card. No need to select cash, because if you do that, you're going to have to go through the line on boarding to deal with it in person. It's better to just do it online during check-in. That way you can just go through security and walk onboard.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When you do your check in and enter your CC #, it will ask you who all you want to be able to use that card.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/14/2018 at 9:18 AM, 160july said:

Ive booked three rooms and we are taking our adult kids,  spouses and children . We are paying for all three rooms. However we do not want to pay for all their sign and sail charges. How do we not have the charges for all three rooms on our credit card. I cant figure out how to not have our card on all three bookings.  Im hoping one of you can help me out. Thanks! 

 

On 12/14/2018 at 9:43 AM, 160july said:

I already prepaid all the tips for them. Thanks so much for the info!

 

On 12/14/2018 at 10:02 AM, Chris64 said:

I just did the same thing with my grown kids.  I prepaid tips and bought their drink packages, but any other incidentals were on them.  As was stated before, when they do their on-line check-in, they can just set up their own credit for sail and sign.

 

On 12/14/2018 at 11:51 AM, Shaded Lady said:

I did a similar thing for my DD & DSIL... I told them they're responsible for setting up their own S&S account. I do have a question though- I made reservations for the steakhouse for them for one night of the cruise... my hubby & I will pay for it but the reservation is on their folio #. Does anyone know how I make sure that their dinner goes onto our account? Do I have to go to Guest Services or the steakhouse before their dinner? Or wait til it's charged then transfer it to us?

Can one of you adopt me?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/14/2018 at 11:51 AM, Shaded Lady said:

I did a similar thing for my DD & DSIL... I told them they're responsible for setting up their own S&S account. I do have a question though- I made reservations for the steakhouse for them for one night of the cruise... my hubby & I will pay for it but the reservation is on their folio #. Does anyone know how I make sure that their dinner goes onto our account? Do I have to go to Guest Services or the steakhouse before their dinner? Or wait til it's charged then transfer it to us?

Or buy them cruise cash as obc  and place that on their account.   I do that to prepay as much as possible before sailing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, jwcruise1 said:

Can one of you adopt me?

 

LOL! When I remind my daughter of how much this cruise is costing us, her answer is the same thing- just remember that I get to pick out the senior home you go to!!!

 

So with this cruise I'm just hedging my bets now to make sure we are put in a home where there aren't serial killers and the bugs are only in my head!

Edited by Shaded Lady

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Shaded Lady said:

 

LOL! When I remind my daughter of how much this cruise is costing us, her answer is the same thing- just remember that I get to pick out the senior home you go to!!!

 

So with this cruise I'm just hedging my bets now to make sure we are put in a home where there aren't serial killers and the bugs are only in my head!

Just tell her it is actually cheaper to put you on a permanent cruise!

Not sure if this is true anymore but worth a shot.

Edited by jwcruise1
added text

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, jwcruise1 said:

Just tell her it is actually cheaper to put you on a permanent cruise!

Not sure if this is true anymore but worth a shot.

 

Ha! I like that approach!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • SAIL-AWAY GIVEAWAY - Enter for a chance to win a $3,000 Norwegian Cruise Line Gift Card
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...