Cruise Critic meet & greet on Sunshine?

jcollin

Sorry for this long story, but here goes:

We were on the Dec 1 Sunshine 8 day cruise, first time on Carnival in well over 20 years, I had read that meet and greets on Carnival were poorly attended by guests and staff and people on our roll call were saying if you sign up be sure to show up. Took me a while to sign up because DH and I mostly sail NCL and the meet and greets are well attended and many officers attend as well, they are organized by someone on the roll call not by NCL but NCL provides the location to the organizer before we board so it can be posted on the roll call and refreshments are served, I make up the name tags with screen name, first name and state of residence to give out, and usually we have a gift exchange, slot pull, cabin crawl or whatever afterwards.

Well,  quite a few had signed up for the Sunshine M & G even before I did, the time and location was posted on the daily fun sheet, we went to the location and only one other couple showed up from the roll call and 2 people that just happened to be there, I felt so bad for the 2 activity people that showed up, so where were all the people that said if you sign up show up, if people who basically never sail Carnival show up you would think that the regular carnival folks that signed up would have shown up, they got the photographer and took a picture of the six of us and said it would be delivered to our room but we never got it.  Very disappointed with the folks on the roll call that kept pushing for people to sign up, even providing the link to do it.

Hope you have a better experience.

On 12/14/2018 at 4:49 PM, coscab said:

I thought the OP was talking about the CC meet and greet, I didn't know they provide a meet and greet for FB, maybe that's where everyone was but I didn't see it on the daily events sheet

The roll calls "from other websites" usually plan their own. Our sailing in May has almost 600 people in it, and our last sailing had almost 700 people in the group. There was a meet up pre-cruise at a restaurant, then a meet and greet onboard at a designated time/location, then a post-cruise get-together for those that wanted to. The pre-cruise meet and greet had about 20 people at it. The on-board meet and greet had about 60 people show up. Everyone knew each other, had made friends in the months leading up to the sailing, had talked about all sorts of things and people did activities together, etc. The CC meet and greet had about 7 people show up. Nobody knew anyone, people just sat around, it was very stale.