Perk of 250 Elite WIFI Minutes, Any discount for unlimited?

WannaCruise365

I’d  like to know if  Elite members that receive the 250 (14 nt CRUISE) Internet minutes are offered a discount on the  unlimited internet package the first time they log on and set up your account while onboard? Pre-cruise its $99 for everyone but it seems those that have the free wifi minutes would get a bit of a discounted price.  Anyone have an answer? Thank you. 

Edited by WannaCruise365

4 minutes ago, WannaCruise365 said:

I’d  like to know if  Elite members that receive the 250 (14 nt CRUISE) Internet minutes are offered a discount on the  unlimited internet package the first time they log on and set up your account while onboard? Pre-cruise its $99 for everyone but it seems those that have the free wifi minutes would get a bit of a discounted price.  Anyone have an answer? Thank you. 

No, no discount. The perk had nothing to do with the unlimited package.

$99 is an awesome price for 14 days..

Picked up the $99 package for our 15 day Panama cruise, in 2020, and am thinking of getting a second package even tho we get 250 minutes included.     I just hope that they do not change their minds on this awesome price.   

I was on the CB last month and using my 250 minutes of free WiFi.  I wondered what would happen when I used up all my time (I did not) and asked the Internet Cafe crew.  I was told that I could buy unlimited internet minutes for $9.99/day for all the days remaining on the cruise.  I really try though to stay off the internet and enjoy the cruise.  The download speed I was getting was 20+ mbps.  I did notice that at times the internet speed was better than other times like really fast during the late hours. 

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Valiamo said:

Picked up the $99 package for our 15 day Panama cruise, in 2020, and am thinking of getting a second package even tho we get 250 minutes included.     I just hope that they do not change their minds on this awesome price.   

If you purchase the plan pre cruise how could they change the price? 🤔

You pay for it on your credit card in the personalizer.

1 minute ago, Colo Cruiser said:

If you purchase the plan pre cruise how could they change the price? 🤔

You pay for it on your credit card in the personalizer.

It was one of those prices that was just too good to pass up! 😃  I could just foresee someone in accounting figuring out that $99 was too good a deal, and then pulling back the price saying that "oops" we cannot offer unlimited internet for this cruise but here is 100ish minutes for your $99.       I just paid over $450 for internet on an upcoming RCI cruise and that one hurt the inner scotsman in me.

1 minute ago, Valiamo said:

It was one of those prices that was just too good to pass up! 😃  I could just foresee someone in accounting figuring out that $99 was too good a deal, and then pulling back the price saying that "oops" we cannot offer unlimited internet for this cruise but here is 100ish minutes for your $99.       I just paid over $450 for internet on an upcoming RCI cruise and that one hurt the inner scotsman in me.

You are overthinking it. Just go on your cruise and enjoy!

Print out the receipt and do a screen shot of the package in your booking and take it with you.

That $99 deal isn't available in Australia, nor is the $9.99 per day unlimited after you've used your free minutes. The Australian call centre had no idea about the offer... on the Sea Princess you only have the option of bulk minutes, not even the day to day packages. Hummppphhh 😞 

6 hours ago, Valiamo said:

I’m only seeing the social package for $99 for my 15 days Hi cruise. Then there is a $139 package and a $199 package. 

2 hours ago, DMRick said:

I’m only seeing the social package for $99.99 for my 15 days Hi cruise. Then there is a $139.99 package and a $199.99 package. 

Right, that is PrincessCONNECT (social, surf and premium packages) which is not the faster Internet that MedallionNET offers.

When first signing on to the Internet on the cruise, the option is given to Platinum/Elite passengers to purchase one of these packages at the following pricing:
Social package $95.99 – $4 less than pre-cruise pricing for anyone
Surf package $135.99  – $4 less than pre-cruise pricing for anyone
Premium package $187.99  – $12 less than pre-cruise pricing for anyone
Of course if one of these options is selected, the original 250 free-minutes is meaningless since these packages are with no limit on minutes used.

So basically the 250 free-minutes benefit which had a value of about $99 is reduced to a $4 benefit if one gives up the minutes to purchase a Social or Surf package or a $12 benefit if purchasing the Premium package on board. In other words, anyone who is not Platinum or Elite ends up paying about the same as a Platinum/Elite member for one of these packages.

This about eliminates what many considered to be the best Platinum/Elite benefit. To still make this benefit a worthwhile one, the cost of these packages should be reduced by the value of the free minutes normally offered.
  • Like 4

6 hours ago, caribill said:

This about eliminates what many considered to be the best Platinum/Elite benefit. To still make this benefit a worthwhile one, the cost of these packages should be reduced by the value of the free minutes normally offered.

I was satisfied with the Elite benefit so no plans to get the Social or Surf packages

12 hours ago, caribill said:

...This about eliminates what many considered to be the best Platinum/Elite benefit. To still make this benefit a worthwhile one, the cost of these packages should be reduced by the value of the free minutes normally offered.

Totally agree.  Elite/Platinum internet minutes should = a discount off any pre-cruise package purchased.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, coo359a2 said:

I was satisfied with the Elite benefit so no plans to get the Social or Surf packages

I agree that the number of free minutes ius usually enough, but when I have had unlimited Internet on other cruise lines, it is just so more convenient to not have to sign in and sign out many times during the cruise.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, caribill said:

I agree that the number of free minutes ius usually enough, but when I have had unlimited Internet on other cruise lines, it is just so more convenient to not have to sign in and sign out many times during the cruise.

Agree but not enough to pay for a package.  I only use minutes for emails while on the ship.

On 12/15/2018 at 2:02 PM, DrivesLikeMario said:

Totally agree.  Elite/Platinum internet minutes should = a discount off any pre-cruise package purchased.

16 hours ago, caribill said:

Yes I feel like why am I paying the same price anyone can pay; yes it’s a great price nevertheless one still gets nothing for their earned Elite perk. Just doesn’t make sense. I enjoy the unlimited so I don’t have to be concerned with signing on and off, I can live without it though!

On ‎12‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 7:40 PM, DrivesLikeMario said:

Buy it ahead of time and forget about your Elite/Platinum free minutes.  The deal is MUCH better. 

I you are both getting the free 250 minutes and I only purchase the unlimited deal for my wife does she use up her free 250 minutes first before the unlimited package kicks in ? or do they waive the free minutes and she used the unlimited right from the start of the cruise ? 

1 minute ago, D&N LUV 2 TRAVEL said:

I you are both getting the free 250 minutes and I only purchase the unlimited deal for my wife does she use up her free 250 minutes first before the unlimited package kicks in ? or do they waive the free minutes and she used the unlimited right from the start of the cruise ? 

No once you choose the unlimited the person that purchases it will lose the free minutes.

She will use the voucher number provided for the unlimited to sign in right away.