Cruise Critic Community
zitsky

Meet and Greet agenda

1 hour ago, senoragilbert said:

... have a couple of Haven and studio guests who have signed up and asked for a reminder invitation. My MIL is in the studios so she can help me with the other studio guests, but how can I get an invitation to the Haven guests?

Do you have a big roll call and if not, it will probably grow as you get closer - and the basics of putting together the M&G can be overwhelming ... unless you have extra help & others around to take care of some of the tasks.  Make it simple, as suggested already, a reminder call should suffice ... instead of making up, printing & distributing invite cards ... and lots of walking on a mega-ship.  

Do you have an exclusive (sandboxed) email address for CC use only, or create a sub-email account, ask those folks to email you their names & cabin info, and you can make a batch of calls or leave voice mail as a reminder.  We had about 200 folks on our recent M&G that I didn't run/organize/lead - but helped out with putting together the fun Cabin Crawl as part of the team; and, just went with the flow. The M&G took place 24 hours after embarkation on Day 2, folks are adults & should take personal responsibility to remember and be there (early, as we urged) to attend.  Everyone has plenty to do and I don't think Guest Services routinely do something like this ... within 1 to 3 weeks of sailing, you should know the contact name of your assigned Group/Special Events Coordinator on the BA, touch base with her/him once onboard (usually, a welcome letter with introduction is waiting in your stateroom) to say hello & ask if you wish to try ... have a Plan B.  

Good luck & have a great cruise !

@Meekofigaro Hi, I’m on the cruise with Erdoran and volunteered to organize a pub crawl.  Through researching here on CC we decided to add a “poker crawl” to the pub crawl as well.  

How do you go about contacting the beverage manager?  It sounds like you did this during your cruise not prior to the cruise.  Erdoran has done a great job and set up a spreadsheet for our roll call, I think we already have close to 40 people who’ve already signed up for the pub crawl, so giving the beverage manager a heads up would probably be best!  I’ll have to provide a sign up sheet for the M&G, that’s good advice as well. I’ve never been on a pub crawl so this is all new to me. From your photos it looks like at least at one location the bar had a drink already to go!  We plan on doing five bars to give us our poker hands, hopefully we can just get tasters!  Obviously it isn’t necessary to get a drink at each location.  I also assume that NCL will not be providing any free drinks, is that something that has been a surprise to anyone in attendance or did you explain that up front?  

Sorry to hijack this thread (it’s slightly M&G related though 😊), thank you all in advance for any help you can provide!  Cheers to happy cruising!

Thanks!

Mindy

One bit of advice I haven’t seen mentioned is if you have a large group for a cabin crawl it helps to break up the touring group into two parts. Have one group start at the top cabins and the other at the lower cabins . Each group has a “herder” to keep everyone focused  and on track without overwhelming the staterooms, stairs and elevators. That way the cabin hosts know when the last of the crawlers have passed through and they can lock up. 

46 minutes ago, Love2CruiseMore said:

@Meekofigaro Hi, I’m on the cruise with Erdoran and volunteered to organize a pub crawl.  Through researching here on CC we decided to add a “poker crawl” to the pub crawl as well.  

How do you go about contacting the beverage manager?  It sounds like you did this during your cruise not prior to the cruise.  Erdoran has done a great job and set up a spreadsheet for our roll call, I think we already have close to 40 people who’ve already signed up for the pub crawl, so giving the beverage manager a heads up would probably be best!  I’ll have to provide a sign up sheet for the M&G, that’s good advice as well. I’ve never been on a pub crawl so this is all new to me. From your photos it looks like at least at one location the bar had a drink already to go!  We plan on doing five bars to give us our poker hands, hopefully we can just get tasters!  Obviously it isn’t necessary to get a drink at each location.  I also assume that NCL will not be providing any free drinks, is that something that has been a surprise to anyone in attendance or did you explain that up front?  

Sorry to hijack this thread (it’s slightly M&G related though 😊), thank you all in advance for any help you can provide!  Cheers to happy cruising!

Thanks!

Mindy

I had the sign up on my document before the sailing and we know you never have as many show up.

I did another sign up at the meet and greet did it. I also talked to the beverage manager at the Meet and greet. 

He told me how many guests the bar couple handle at once. And said to call him with how many. I also told him when and where we were going .

I ended up not calling him as we had under the number he said..  but he actually met us when we started and he had a bartender go from bar to bar with us. It was great! 

We did more bars then planned since we were having so much fun, and yes, Candize was faster then us to each bar she would start on drinks for us all to have! 

Hope this Helps! 

Kerry 

On ‎12‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 10:48 AM, zitsky said:

Is there an agenda for M&G, or is there just informal socializing?  This is my first and I volunteered to be organizer.  

A slot pull, cabin crawl and pub crawl are all great ideas. I've only taken part in them, but never organized them. Maybe someone who has organized any of these events for a Meet and Greet can give you some ideas how to organize these.

1 hour ago, mking8288 said:

Do you have a big roll call and if not, it will probably grow as you get closer - and the basics of putting together the M&G can be overwhelming ... unless you have extra help & others around to take care of some of the tasks.  Make it simple, as suggested already, a reminder call should suffice ... instead of making up, printing & distributing invite cards ... and lots of walking on a mega-ship.  

Do you have an exclusive (sandboxed) email address for CC use only, or create a sub-email account, ask those folks to email you their names & cabin info, and you can make a batch of calls or leave voice mail as a reminder.  We had about 200 folks on our recent M&G that I didn't run/organize/lead - but helped out with putting together the fun Cabin Crawl as part of the team; and, just went with the flow. The M&G took place 24 hours after embarkation on Day 2, folks are adults & should take personal responsibility to remember and be there (early, as we urged) to attend.  Everyone has plenty to do and I don't think Guest Services routinely do something like this ... within 1 to 3 weeks of sailing, you should know the contact name of your assigned Group/Special Events Coordinator on the BA, touch base with her/him once onboard (usually, a welcome letter with introduction is waiting in your stateroom) to say hello & ask if you wish to try ... have a Plan B.  

Good luck & have a great cruise !

Thanks. I know I don't *have* to send out invitations, but I'm glad to do it if it decreases no-shows. I plan to have the family divide and conquer on the first night! I've got 78 people signed up right now but only 28 accounted for by cabin number. I'm not finding the planning overwhelming, but I do a lot of event planning, so it's a joy for me. Why do I need to touch base with the Group coordinator, and why do I need a plan B? Thanks so much!

2 hours ago, senoragilbert said:

Thanks. I know I don't *have* to send out invitations, but I'm glad to do it if it decreases no-shows. I plan to have the family divide and conquer on the first night! I've got 78 people signed up right now but only 28 accounted for by cabin number. I'm not finding the planning overwhelming, but I do a lot of event planning, so it's a joy for me. Why do I need to touch base with the Group coordinator, and why do I need a plan B? Thanks so much!

I just say hi to the ship group coordinator at the meet and greet.

i always give out invites on the first night by running around the ship, I have fun doing it as well! 

I have help a couple times when staying in the Haven , they delivered them for me, and I found out they knocked on everyone’s door to hand deliver them .. 😂 great service