Shadowmeboy's "Bliss"ful Eastern Caribbean Pictorial Cruise Review

shadowmeboy

Hey all! Shadowmeboy here! Well we just got back from a Eastern Caribbean Cruise aboard the Norwegian Bliss (November 24th to December 1st) and of course I took pictures! Do you want me to share them? I thought so!

Let's get this trip aboard the Norwegian Bliss started!

483330-L.jpg

My wife, Susan, and I, Matthew, love to cruise and do it any chance we can. 

In 2016 we sailed the Norwegian Sun on a Southbound Cruise from Seward, Alaska to Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada. You can read the review here: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2529761

The Norwegian Sun is pictured below in Sitka, AK.

i-K5LXBCp-L.jpg

In June of 2017, We sailed the Norwegian Escape to the Western Caribbean. Review: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2516206

The Norwegian Escape pictured below in Costa Maya, Mexico.

i-hvhzqXD-L.jpg

In December 2017, We sailed the Norwegian Star to the Mexican Riviera over Christmas. Review: https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2581330

The Norwegian Star pictured below in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico

DSCF0515-L.jpg

In June 2018, We sailed the Norwegian Jewel Northbound Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada to Seward, Alaska. Review: https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2557365-north-to-alaska-shadowmeboys-jewel-shimmering-pictorial-review/

The Norwegian Jewel pictured below in Juneau, AK from the Mount Roberts Tram

IMG_3360-L.jpg

About us: My wife, Susan, is a school teacher and I work for a grocery store. Susan and I have been married 11 years! Due to her school schedule, we cannot sail as much as we would like. Some of you may be going, if she is a school teacher how did they sail in late November? Well, Susan had 5 personal days stored up, and we chose to use them on a cruise post Thanksgiving. She would have lost 2 of them at the end of the school year if she hadn't of used them.

We live in the Pacific Northwest, along the Columbia River on the "dry" side of Washington State among the Apple and Cherry Orchards.

Most of the pictures in this review are taken with my Canon Rebel T5 DSLR, My Iphone, Susan's Samsung Moto G5, our Fuji waterproof camera or our good friend Trace's new iPhone XS max. Thank you Trace for sharing!

Originally we were aiming to book a cruise to Cuba on the Sun, but the dates weren't working for us. What's the next best thing? The newest ship, duh! Originally, we booked an inside cabin, then I got an Oceanview accessible cabin (only cabin available in that category). Well, watching the website I was able to move us from that Oceanview to a different cabin, but I didn't tell Susan! A surprise awaits onboard! Why am I wasting time here? Lets get this adventure started!

The Bliss docked in Road Town, Tortola, British Virgin islands

IMG_7013-L.jpg

We cruised along with Trace and Maria, who we became friends with on the 2017 Norwegian Escape cruise!

Please feel free to ask questions along the way! I will try to answer them as quickly as I can. This review will be very picture heavy, but I love to relive my journeys through my pictures! I hope you enjoy them as well!

- Matthew

• Like 5

Friday, November 23rd, 2018 - Day 0.

We packed the car to head out! We would have left on Thanksgiving, but I had to work and the weather was bad on the passes. 

IMG_5916-L.jpg

Susan stuffing the last bag into the car!

IMG_5917-L.jpg

Driving by all the tree carvings along the State highway in our town. We first had to go drop the dog off at the pet resort, and then head to Seattle. 

IMG_5920-L.jpg

Crossing the Columbia River by Chief Joseph Dam

IMG_5924-L.jpg

Washington highway 17

IMG_5925-L.jpg

IMG_2516-L.jpg

Susan drove the first part, as I was going to drive the pass over the Mountains

IMG_5926-L.jpg

Heading North on US 97 to the pet resort.

IMG_5927-L.jpg

After dropping Theo the dog off, we headed South toward Wenatchee on US 97. 

IMG_5929-L.jpg

US 97 - Southern Okanogan County

IMG_5932-L.jpg

US 97 - near Chelan, WA

IMG_5933-L.jpg

IMG_5934-L.jpg

Edited by shadowmeboy

IMG_5936-L.jpg

US 97 - near Orondo, WA (Douglas County)

After a quick stop at Costco for gas and two Black Friday deals, we were back on the road to Seattle.

IMG_5937-L.jpg

I took over the driving duties, and we headed out.

Above is a time-lapse video of our drive from Wenatchee to North Bend (east of Seattle)

IMG_5939-L.jpg

Rock Island Dam (Rock Island, WA)

IMG_5941-L.jpg

IMG_5942-L.jpg

IMG_5957-L.jpg

Near Quincy, it got foggy.

IMG_5959-L.jpg

Susan found the Sun gleaming though the clouds after we got out of the fog.

IMG_5961-L.jpg

The fog was above the Columbia River, we are on Interstate 90 headed West on the Grant County Plateau near George, Washington.

IMG_5963-L.jpg

IMG_5964-L.jpg

IMG_5965-L.jpg

Starting to drop down to the Columbia River at Vantage.

• Like 1

IMG_6024-L.jpg

Susan got fish tacos.

IMG_6025-L.jpg

IMG_6026-L.jpg

I got Chili Colorado!

We dropped the car off at the Hotel that we were staying at post cruise for a reverse park and Fly. Then caught their shuttle to Seattle-Tacoma International Airport. Once through security, we caught the tram to the end of C gates.

IMG_6027-L.jpg

IMG_6038-L.jpg

We went to the Alaska Airlines Lounge in Concourse C

IMG_6037-L.jpg

Edited by shadowmeboy

Day 1 - Embarkation Day

Our flight was supposed to leave Seattle at 945pm Pst. We got everyone onboard, seated, and were out 15 minutes early. Pilot announced we would have a stiff tail wind, and our 5 hour and 45 min flight time would be closer to 5 hours. Yippee!

IMG_2518-L.jpg

Susan got up to go to the restroom with about an hour left to go, about 4am Est. I put the first clue to her Stateroom scavenger hunt on her seat while she was in the restroom. She asked what the envelope was when she got back. I said I don't know. She then asked what I had done, I replied, "Read the clue." Here she is, reading her clue.

ScavengerHunt1-L.jpg

the clue. 

IMG_2519-L.jpg

Selfie time!

Landing in FLL!

IMG_2521-L.jpg

Final approach into Fort Lauderdale.

IMG_2522-L.jpg

IMG_2523-L.jpg

• Like 1

IMG_2524-L.jpg

We got to our gate at 5:15 am est. A full hour and a quarter earlier than scheduled.

After landing, we collected our bags,  found the Uber area, and requested an Uber to the Hard Rock Hotel.

IMG_6041-L.jpg

IMG_6042-L.jpg

IMG_6043-L.jpg

We found the 24 hour restaurant, Blue Plate and sat down for breakfast and caffeine!

IMG_6044-L.jpg

IMG_6045-L.jpg

She is so beautiful! 

• Like 3

IMG_6046-L.jpg

Forgive me, I only got 3 hours of sleep!

IMG_6047-L.jpg

Is that better?

IMG_6050-L.jpg

Susan with the assist.

IMG_6051-L.jpg

IMG_6052-L.jpg

While we waited for breakfast, we made our tip bags for the cruise. The candy and bags were in Ziplock bags, but we had to put the candy in the small bags.

IMG_6053-L.jpg

Already to go!

• Like 1

IMG_2525-L.jpg

I got the Eggs Benedict

IMG_2526-L.jpg

Susan got the Chicken and Waffles.

After breakfast, we cleaned ourselves up, visited the rock shop, won 50 dollars on a slot machine, and then enjoyed the morning waiting for Trace and Maria to pick us up from the hotel. Then had been in Orlando visiting Family and were driving down to Miami.

IMG_6054-L.jpg

They picked us up, and we headed to MIA to drop off the rental car.

IMG_6055-L.jpg

IMG_6056-L.jpg

Here we all are!

IMG_6057-L.jpg

IMG_6058-L.jpg

Edited by shadowmeboy

Maria whisked Susan away from the bags while Trace and I tagged them. We met up with them after handing them over to a porter. Trace and Maria headed to terminal B to check in the Haven area, and we entered  into Terminal C as we were on an even numbered deck. Evens were at C and Odds were at B. 

IMG_6065-L.jpg

I had to fill in the stateroom number on the top of Susan's Health questionnaire, so the surprise wasn't blown. We arrived at check-in.

IMG_6066-L.jpg

IMG_6067-L.jpg

IMG_6068-L.jpg

All checked in we headed upstairs to get our boarding photo taken.

475619-L.jpg

IMG_6069-L.jpg

On to the ship we go!

Edited by shadowmeboy
  • Like 1