Elite Perk Eliminated- Port Day Persian Garden

Oren

Read that RCCL is trying  “The Key ” that costs  from $15 to $25 per day pp.  It gives passengers a chance to pay for extra perks

https://www.travelweekly.com/Cruise-Travel/Royal-Caribbean-launches-Key-perks-package?utm_source=eNewsletter&utm_medium=Email&utm_campaign=eltrcruise&ct=cruise&ajs_uid=0673H6157245J7U&oly_enc_id=0673H6157245J7U&ajs_trait_oebid=6012C3585790B5P

We have cruised many times and lately took a few road trips.   I made a comment to my wife that I enjoyed those trips more and they cost a lot less.   We have a few more cruises booked and those may be the last as the cruises are getting very expensive with all the extra costs,  and upcharges.   

Reading that aricle may may be the final nail to cause us to cancel some of those that we have and stick to the road.

happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Edited by miched

21 hours ago, WonderMan3 said:

Oh yeah, I knew that. Have no interest in the Persian Garden. I meant the port day vs. sea day pricing for treatments. I had been planning on doing times in the morning on port days to get better pricing. Now it doesn't matter so I'll just choose times that are most convenient.

And that was me that posted about the smoking deck being moved. They just flipped it to the other side above Mast Grill but it's still right above the pool deck.

Oops..can't scoop you... sorry about that!

58 minutes ago, miched said:

Read that RCCL is trying  “The Key ” that costs  from $15 to $25 per day pp.  It gives passengers a chance to pay for extra perks

https://www.travelweekly.com/Cruise-Travel/Royal-Caribbean-launches-Key-perks-package?utm_source=eNewsletter&utm_medium=Email&utm_campaign=eltrcruise&ct=cruise&ajs_uid=0673H6157245J7U&oly_enc_id=0673H6157245J7U&ajs_trait_oebid=6012C3585790B5P

We have cruised many times and lately took a few road trips.   I made a comment to my wife that I enjoyed those trips more and they cost a lot less.   We have a few more cruises booked and those may be the last as the cruises are getting very expensive with all the extra costs,  and upcharges.   

Reading that aricle may may be the final nail to cause us to cancel some of those that we have and stick to the road.

happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Anyone know if it started?

Would that replace loyalty perks like priority boarding Diamond plus or whatever is higher and special attention to suite guests?

We can't all be first.

1 hour ago, hcat said:

Anyone know if it started?

Would that replace loyalty perks like priority boarding Diamond plus or whatever is higher and special attention to suite guests?

We can't all be first.

It's started but only as a trial on limited ships.

Doesn't replace anything so only possibly worthwhile if you don't have access to any such benefits yourself and they're of value. Any with existing similar benefits are still in place. It's run somewhat separately as well.

12 hours ago, The_Big_M said:

It's started but only as a trial on limited ships.

Doesn't replace anything so only possibly worthwhile if you don't have access to any such benefits yourself and they're of value. Any with existing similar benefits are still in place. It's run somewhat separately as well.

The issue would be who gets the priority on the priority?    Most times the emabarkation and tender priority are almost useless as it is part of many categories and CC benefits.  

We have never experienced the dining priority and don’t know if it really exists or is implemented as whenever we tried to use it we were told it was only good on the first night or had to be scheduled before sailing.    It never  helped us scheduling MDR preferences before cruising.  

And we we all know or have experienced the chaos when checking in and embarking. 

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Has the Persian Garden perk been removed fleetwide? We've never used our PG perk but would hate to see any perk removed or reduced. Kinda like our CC HH drinks now being loaded on our Seapass cards and limited to three no matter where you enjoy them. That change effects some more than others. There was another thread that on the Reflection during a TA cruise the CC HH was running from  4:30 to 7:30 (that would be nice) and was going to be fleetwide. Has it?  I believe there would be more posted about that change if it was implemented fleetwide. 

2 hours ago, davekathy said:

Has the Persian Garden perk been removed fleetwide? We've never used our PG perk but would hate to see any perk removed or reduced. Kinda like our CC HH drinks now being loaded on our Seapass cards and limited to three no matter where you enjoy them. That change effects some more than others. There was another thread that on the Reflection during a TA cruise the CC HH was running from  4:30 to 7:30 (that would be nice) and was going to be fleetwide. Has it?  I believe there would be more posted about that change if it was implemented fleetwide. 

About to do eleven weeks on three clusters of Celebrity cruises and being closer to Zenith than newbie, use the spa a bit, and as we're not in AQ this year will miss it. (Not missing it to the tune of $ 59.00 or whatever it costs, but miss it) 

RF-HeatedChairs-1-2.jpg

1 hour ago, A Sixth? said:

About to do eleven weeks on three clusters of Celebrity cruises and being closer to Zenith than newbie, use the spa a bit, and as we're not in AQ this year will miss it. (Not missing it to the tune of $ 59.00 or whatever it costs, but miss it) 

Post when you get back if indeed the PG perk has been eliminated. I'm just curious if it's fleetwide or not.  Also if the CC HH times have been changed. Bon Voyage. 

Edited by davekathy

35 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Post when you get back if indeed the PG perk has been eliminated. I'm just curious if it's fleetwide or not.  Also if the CC HH times have been changed. Bon Voyage. 

Sure. We're on the Reflection Jan into Feb and usually go to the happy hour to mingle. That's even though they tossed in the Premium Drink package. 

4 hours ago, davekathy said:

It has been removed from the website, was there two weeks ago, not there now. 

40 minutes ago, A Sixth? said:

Sure. We're on the Reflection Jan into Feb and usually go to the happy hour to mingle. That's even though they tossed in the Premium Drink package. 

Thank you. We also have the BP but still enjoy the CC HH gatherings before the diner bell rings. 

Just checked the website -- we are new Elites .

Click on Elite benefits for this ...... Persian Gardens is still a benefit as of today ... if I take this and get refused I will have an issue.

close

Our Elite members know that loyalty yields great rewards, including complimentary Internet and laundry services and complimentary Captain's Club cocktail hour.

Benefits Include:

• Access to exclusive daily coffee house-style breakfast
  • Complimentary 90-minute internet package
  • Complimentary access to Persian Garden (on one port day of your choice while ship is docked)
  • One complimentary bag of laundry (wash, dry, fold) on every sailing
  • Priority tender service in tender ports of call
  • Elegant Tea with fellow members
  • Eligibility for Captain's Club offers when booking a future cruise on board
  • Evening Cocktail hour (excludes embarkation and evening of Senior Officers' Party)
  • 20% discount on any digital or print photo package at the Photo Gallery
  • Complimentary dry cleaning of one garment item
  • Private shipboard departure lounge, serving continental breakfast
  • Priority wait list in Main Restaurant
  • Earn double Club Points when you travel solo in a stateroom (as of July 1, 2014)

43 minutes ago, dkjretired said:

It has been removed from the website, was there two weeks ago, not there now. 

I also saw they changed what was listed on the website for perks but we know how Celebrity's website can be, well lets just say consistently inconsistent. :classic_wink:

Edited by davekathy

6 minutes ago, hammo said:

Just checked the website -- we are new Elites .

Click on Elite benefits for this ...... Persian Gardens is still a benefit as of today ... if I take this and get refused I will have an issue.

close

Our Elite members know that loyalty yields great rewards, including complimentary Internet and laundry services and complimentary Captain's Club cocktail hour.

Benefits Include:

• Access to exclusive daily coffee house-style breakfast
  • Complimentary 90-minute internet package
  • Complimentary access to Persian Garden (on one port day of your choice while ship is docked)
  • One complimentary bag of laundry (wash, dry, fold) on every sailing
  • Priority tender service in tender ports of call
  • Elegant Tea with fellow members
  • Eligibility for Captain's Club offers when booking a future cruise on board
  • Evening Cocktail hour (excludes embarkation and evening of Senior Officers' Party)
  • 20% discount on any digital or print photo package at the Photo Gallery
  • Complimentary dry cleaning of one garment item
  • Private shipboard departure lounge, serving continental breakfast
  • Priority wait list in Main Restaurant
  • Earn double Club Points when you travel solo in a stateroom (as of July 1, 2014)

Your post just made my last post valid, consistently inconsistent. I also just checked again and PG has been removed. If PG is your thing than you should take a copy of what you are seeing with you.  

Edited by davekathy

The sad thing is none of us want to start a cruise with an argument/discussion about what we are/are not entitled to. We expect that , other than issues like weather or political upheavals, we will get what we were told we would receive on booking. If things change we should have the courtesy of a communication...

Celebrity, if you are reading please join in this conversation....

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, hammo said:

On the table - click on the "Elite " and the benefits list includes Persian Gardens still ?

Preview

0 - 0 - pts

Classic

2 - 149 - pts

Select

150 - 299 - pts

Elite

300 - 749 - pts

Elite Plus

750 - 2999 - pts

Zenith

3000 - 99999 - pts

Thanks. The expanded version does  show the PG perk. Why am I not surprised. 😕

Edited by davekathy

2 minutes ago, chemmo said:

The sad thing is none of us want to start a cruise with an argument/discussion about what we are/are not entitled to. We expect that , other than issues like weather or political upheavals, we will get what we were told we would receive on booking. If things change we should have the courtesy of a communication...

Celebrity, if you are reading please join in this conversation....

Just for the hell of it I'm still interested in seeing what the perk letter says that's left in the cabins. When we did our March/April 2018 B2B Caribbean cruise on the Equinox we still had unlimited drinks in the Sky Lounge and no CC drinks loaded on our Seapass cards. Our September 2018 Canada/Pacific Coastal cruise on the Infinity the change was implemented to the three CC drinks being loaded on our Seapass cards to be enjoyed in the Constellation Lounge or bars was clearly stated along with all of our other perlks in our perk letter. We'll continue to use the perk letter as our guidance for our perks for the cruise we are on.  

1 hour ago, hammo said:

On the table - click on the "Elite " and the benefits list includes Persian Gardens still ?

Preview

0 - 0 - pts

Classic

2 - 149 - pts

Select

150 - 299 - pts

Elite

300 - 749 - pts

Elite Plus

750 - 2999 - pts

Zenith

3000 - 99999 - pts

We're Elite Plus.

According to your chart we don't get ANY dry cleaning. Elite gets it - we don't.

Celebrity's IT is once again screwed up.

10 minutes ago, chamima said:

We're Elite Plus.

According to your chart we don't get ANY dry cleaning. Elite gets it - we don't.

Celebrity's IT is once again screwed up.

It shows elite + getting complimentary dry cleaning for one item. Click on the elite plus from what hammo posted that takes you to Celebrity's website. Click the elite plus when on Celebrity's website.  

I suspect that Celebrity will change CC benefits whenever they become too costly or inconvenient for the company.   This has also been done in all other loyalty programs, just look at the airlines, our miles have gone from worth something to almost worthless and they increase the miles required for any flight.   Unfortunately, companies have the right to do this.

4 hours ago, hammo said:

Preview

0 - 0 - pts

Classic

2 - 149 - pts

Select

150 - 299 - pts

Elite

300 - 749 - pts

Elite Plus

750 - 2999 - pts

Zenith

3000 - 99999 - pts

On the US Web site under all levels it is not listed as a perk.    Ham, what country web site is your table from.

https://www.celebritycruises.com/captains-club/tiers-and-benefits

Edited by dkjretired

47 minutes ago, hammo said:

Just click on your link here and then click on the Blue Elite tag - and the new window opens up -- showing the Persian Gardens as a perk  .

Is that the Australian web site because Celebrity has a habit of changing the US web site and not the others.  There was a case a few years back where they made major changes on the dress codes going from three modes of dress to two and they didn't change it on the UK web site for at least two years.