Elite Perk Eliminated- Port Day Persian Garden

Oren

13 hours ago, dkjretired said:

On the US Web site under all levels it is not listed as a perk.    Ham, what country web site is your table from.

https://www.celebritycruises.com/captains-club/tiers-and-benefits

I just tried this and the website quickly referred it was 'Canadian' site and shows the 1 Complimentary visit to PG on a port day as a benefit for Elite.

13 hours ago, dkjretired said:

On the US Web site under all levels it is not listed as a perk.    Ham, what country web site is your table from.

I just clicked on the link you provided and all perks still show when you click on any of the top three tier levels. :classic_wacko:

Does the Edge actually have a Persian Garden?  Or do they have something that is a little different with a different name?

Perhaps that is contributing to the confusion about the a free pass on one port day.

I suspect a very small percentage of Elite and above passengers take advantage of the free pass on one port day.

2 hours ago, davekathy said:

I just clicked on the link you provided and all perks still show when you click on any of the top three tier levels. :classic_wacko:

Somethings crazy or I am because its not showing when I click on it....

Now I see it, you have to click on Elite and it shows up.  Why would they not put it on the list when the link comes up... Thanks dave kathy.

Edited by dkjretired

Was looking forward to trying Thermal Suite as a port day perk but not at $59 less 10%.  Seems that since was in FAQ as a benefit they would honor for people that already booked for some period of time like they honored free specialty dinning for lower suites after they removed that benefit.

Art

1 hour ago, dkjretired said:

Somethings crazy or I am because its not showing when I click on it....

Now I see it, you have to click on Elite and it shows up.  Why would they not put it on the list when the link comes up... Thanks dave kathy.

I agree. You're welcome. 

6 hours ago, doubled said:

Was looking forward to trying Thermal Suite as a port day perk but not at $59 less 10%.  Seems that since was in FAQ as a benefit they would honor for people that already booked for some period of time like they honored free specialty dinning for lower suites after they removed that benefit.

Art

Totally in agreement with you.... not to "grandfather" or have a break-in period when you make perk changes is worse than the actual elimination of a perk.  The ill-will it creates when boarding expecting a perk that appeared before boarding (or at final payment) and then not available when you physically show -up to the venue (e.g. the spa) is the worse P.R. a company can have, especially for its most loyal clients.... Then again, look at what every airline has done to its frequent flyer program and all the planes are still flying pretty full.

5 hours ago, hcat said:

Good to know..Nothng is  available for our Nov cruise yet..but I will try..Where do you click Elite,

Open the link. Scroll down until you see the page that has the different tier levels. Click on the tier level you are and want to view.

8 hours ago, hcat said:

The Steiner- related  spa entity shows its true colors and has a perfect partner in  Celeb.

Seems more than a few loyalty  perks are going away or eroding.  Waiting to see what comes next.!

Have we heard if the special lower price available for port day treatments is ceasing fleetwide too, as it has on Edge?

I never really used that Persian Gardens but I liked that I had the option. I dislike it when things are taken away. One thing I find funny is the photo I see shows the Persian gardens whats is the point of showing a photo of something we no longer get. I did not like the new drinks loaded on to seapass card too. It did not work well on the cruise in November.

Untitdsfdsfddsdfled.png

On 12/15/2018 at 6:55 PM, Host Jazzbeau said:

This.  I don't believe that Celebrity imagined there would ever be so many Elites when they started this program, and it is now drowning in its own success......

The way that the Captain's Club hostesses explained it, they failed to anticipate the impact  of the huge crossover from Royal Caribbean Diamonds and above  when they introduced the reciprocity with Celebrity. 

Many times the majority of  Elites at Captain's Club events on a Celebrity cruise are crossovers from Royal.

This is why the reciprocity was not extended any further, as had originally been anticipated.

The reverse reciprocity  does not have anywhere near the same impact because the relatively small number of Celebrity Elites and above is spread out across the much larger Royal Caribbean fleet.

Yup..

Once the perks with alcohol packages started..the Diamonds flocked over to X and many are now X cruisers...

Esp those who were not fans of the bigger Royal Ships!

X Elites lost out big time in that reciprocity...too many eligible  for this perk and the Elite cocktails and parties..they  just became way too crowded!

15 hours ago, davekathy said:

Open the link. Scroll down until you see the page that has the different tier levels. Click on the tier level you are and want to view.

Thanks.. We are in AQ class in Jan but  not in Nov..any discpunt will be good if we can get it! Not sure they will honor it by then and too early for booking spa

On 12/16/2018 at 11:35 AM, Oren said:

Just add this to the same dilution now seen in most Airline Frequent Flyer programs.  Too many people with too many miles chasing too few seats.  However some "notice" would prevent misunderstandings when you approach the Spa counter ready for your free day Port access you were expecting and they say "No", you have to pay.

Exactly.  I am booked on the Edge 1/27 and planned on spending the first port day in the spa instead of getting off the ship in San Juan.  I'm not happy!  : (

On 12/15/2018 at 7:36 PM, dkjretired said:

It was on the web site a couple of weeks ago as we had a thread referencing it. Not on the website now, another perk removed. I would suggest everyone take a screen shot of the perks for anything whether it be Elite, Aqua, etc. happening too often

Now its too late to take a screen shot and we are sailing in three weeks on the Equinox.  Guess we are SOL.  Suggestions?  Does anyone have a screen shots of this perk?  Are you willing to share it?  Thanks

Merry Christmas,

Marion

1 hour ago, Mparis184 said:

Now its too late to take a screen shot and we are sailing in three weeks on the Equinox.  Guess we are SOL.  Suggestions?  Does anyone have a screen shots of this perk?  Are you willing to share it?  Thanks

Merry Christmas,

Marion

Deleted...

Edited by davekathy

On 12/19/2018 at 3:25 PM, chemmo said:

The sad thing is none of us want to start a cruise with an argument/discussion about what we are/are not entitled to. We expect that , other than issues like weather or political upheavals, we will get what we were told we would receive on booking. If things change we should have the courtesy of a communication...

Celebrity, if you are reading please join in this conversation....

If it has been removed & they do reply, I can tell you their reasoning.

“Due to overwhelming feedback from our guests,,we will no longer offer the complimentary Presian Garden day pass.”

1 hour ago, kwokpot said:

Here are photos of the info card that's provided on The Edge for Elite cruisers. 

IMG_20181222_111650213.jpg

IMG_20181222_111615770.jpg

I noticed the 5-7 PM Captain Club drinks are unlimited.  I wonder if this will be implemented across the fleet?  Does not apply in the restaurants or Magic Carpet.