Elite Perk Eliminated- Port Day Persian Garden

Oren

On 12/16/2018 at 9:01 PM, TexSea said:

I just checked and it is still listed on the Celebrity site.

I also have an email from December 12 from Celebrity OneTouch....

"Thank you for contacting Celebrity Cruises, I am very happy to be able to assist you.
Captain's Club offers complimentary benefits for Elite members, among which complimentary
access only for Persian Garden, on one port day. 
Unfortunately at this time, Thermal Suite onboard of Edge is not included."screenshot_20.thumb.png.e9f43cc4f94b6d33eb493f820fa062b4.png

Thanks for posting this information.  I will bring it with me to Guest Relations on the Equinox next month to try to get a pass to use the Persian Garden.  Its fine that they change their policy but they should not post old Information after they change their policy and guests think they are getting a perk that is no longer available.  

Marion

On 12/15/2018 at 6:04 PM, bhughey said:

We just got off the Equinox on Tuesday and were able to use the Persian Garden as one of our Elite Plus perks. Just check the X website and no longer see it listed.

Did you just show up at the spa on a port day and ask for the pass?  I will be giving it a try next month on the Equinox.  I dont understand why Celebrity is always taking perks away from their faithful Captains Club guests.  

Marion

13 hours ago, Gambler458 said:

Exactly.  I am booked on the Edge 1/27 and planned on spending the first port day in the spa instead of getting off the ship in San Juan.  I'm not happy!  : (

That's the sailing we are booked on...Are you on the roll call?

We have a Sailaway gathering organized...not sure I recall seeing your name.

Not too late to join in. Did you sign up for the  Cruise Critic Connections Party?

We also plan to stay on the ship as well in San Juan...Have been there many times in the past and thought we'd spend time enjoying the ship.

We are booked  in an AQ class stateroom and have access to the Thermal suite

But for our Nov cruise we are not in AQ class snd were counting on that free port day access to the Thermal suite,...not happy but will see what happens. Maybe we'll  buy a day pass with the 10%  discount.

I am wondering if there are space issues in the EDGE thermal suite or just a new policy  of the spa operator????

Edited by hcat

10 hours ago, Mparis184 said:

Did you just show up at the spa on a port day and ask for the pass?  I will be giving it a try next month on the Equinox.  I dont understand why Celebrity is always taking perks away from their faithful Captains Club guests.  

Marion

We did... and no issues or questions asked.

Not sure why they would axe this particular benefit. It costs them nothing and I could be wrong, but probably seldom used. In all our years as elite, we have only gone one other time... and actually, now that I think of it, we were in aqua class! 

On 12/17/2018 at 2:01 AM, TexSea said:

I just checked and it is still listed on the Celebrity site.

I also have an email from December 12 from Celebrity OneTouch....

"Thank you for contacting Celebrity Cruises, I am very happy to be able to assist you.
Captain's Club offers complimentary benefits for Elite members, among which complimentary
access only for Persian Garden, on one port day. 
Unfortunately at this time, Thermal Suite onboard of Edge is not included."screenshot_20.thumb.png.e9f43cc4f94b6d33eb493f820fa062b4.png

could anyone know what the captains club offers are for booking a future cruise on

board.

we are elite plus.

many thanks.

ian

On 12/19/2018 at 4:14 PM, Covepointcruiser said:

I suspect that Celebrity will change CC benefits whenever they become too costly or inconvenient for the company.   This has also been done in all other loyalty programs, just look at the airlines, our miles have gone from worth something to almost worthless and they increase the miles required for any flight.   Unfortunately, companies have the right to do this.

Agreed!  We got rid of all our Airline credit cards (cash back cards only from now on).  Removing perks without any notice (even though they claim they can do this), has to be the worse loyalty relations blunder a company can do.  To be honest, I last about 1 hour max on the rather uncomfortable tile hot beds when I used it under the free perk.  There is rarely any peace or tranquility in the hot tile bed room.  If its not people talking or people snoring, they put those loud showers on the outskirts of the room and its really noisy. Its good for the sauna/steam rooms.

On 12/15/2018 at 5:11 PM, Oren said:

As rumored, and now enforced, the Elite benefit of a one-day complimentary Port Day access to the Persian Garden has been eliminated (as verified on the Captains Club Perk list menu on the Celebrity site).  Several members on the Edge report they were refused admission on the Port Day without paying the $59 one day fee.  Sadly, there appears no notice of this change and we counted on it for a day on the upcoming Edge for use as we earned it and was showing as a perk at time of booking.  We just got off the Millenium and it was on the perk list just a couple of weeks ago (which I printed out and had with me) so they allowed us access, but no more.  To earn a benefit, have it appear at time of the reservation, and not at least have a phase out to those who counted on it, just leaves a bad feeling.  

Apparently this perk was removed by executive decision in August 2018. Seems to me that you are entitled to whatever perks were offered at the time of your booking. Removing that perk after booking is at vey least bad business and at worst a misrepresentation or breach of contract. Those who booked prior to August should be grandfathered in for the booked cruise since they justifiably relied upon the representation as to what perks were included in the booking. As an aside, the free Persian Garden passes still appear on the Captain's Club Elite page in the UK. https://www.celebritycruises.co.uk/captains-club/elite/

1 hour ago, ncarb said:

Apparently this perk was removed by executive decision in August 2018. Seems to me that you are entitled to whatever perks were offered at the time of your booking. Removing that perk after booking is at vey least bad business and at worst a misrepresentation or breach of contract. Those who booked prior to August should be grandfathered in for the booked cruise since they justifiably relied upon the representation as to what perks were included in the booking. As an aside, the free Persian Garden passes still appear on the Captain's Club Elite page in the UK. https://www.celebritycruises.co.uk/captains-club/elite/

It also still shows on Celebrity's website for the U.S. Captains Club perks for the top three tier levels.  

Edited by davekathy

On 12/22/2018 at 9:33 PM, hcat said:

That's the sailing we are booked on...Are you on the roll call?

We have a Sailaway gathering organized...not sure I recall seeing your name.

Not too late to join in. Did you sign up for the  Cruise Critic Connections Party?

We also plan to stay on the ship as well in San Juan...Have been there many times in the past and thought we'd spend time enjoying the ship.

We are booked  in an AQ class stateroom and have access to the Thermal suite

But for our Nov cruise we are not in AQ class snd were counting on that free port day access to the Thermal suite,...not happy but will see what happens. Maybe we'll  buy a day pass with the 10%  discount.

I am wondering if there are space issues in the EDGE thermal suite or just a new policy  of the spa operator????

We actually just booked our cruise a couple of days ago. I didnt sign up for the meet and mingle.  I saw that the canin crawl is full. I'm going to attempt to go I if the thermal spa while we are in port,  we'll see what happens.

1 minute ago, Gambler458 said:

We actually just booked our cruise a couple of days ago. I didnt sign up for the meet and mingle.  I saw that the canin crawl is full. I'm going to attempt to go I if the thermal spa while we are in port,  we'll see what happens.

I think you might have luck on a port day but having recently booked the cruise, you may have to pay for a day pass..supposedly with a 10%  Elite discount

I will still go to the Spa with a copy of the Elite Perks that were posted on the Celebrity Web Site when we booked the cruise and try to see if they will give me a pass for the Persian Garden for a few hours on a port day.  I am certain the place will be empty, I have never seen a crowd in there.  It's the principle that has be bugged, this is not the way to change a policy and the way to treat your faithful guests, don't you agree?

Marion

7 minutes ago, Mparis184 said:

I will still go to the Spa with a copy of the Elite Perks that were posted on the Celebrity Web Site when we booked the cruise and try to see if they will give me a pass for the Persian Garden for a few hours on a port day.  I am certain the place will be empty, I have never seen a crowd in there.  It's the principle that has be bugged, this is not the way to change a policy and the way to treat your faithful guests, don't you agree?

Marion

If you don't see the PG perk listed on your perk sheet that's in your stateroom I suggest you go up to the CC host desk and show her/him a copy of the elite perks from Celebrity's website and ask why the PG perk isn't being offered on your cruise. 

Someone sailing on the Edge right now just posted this information about the Perks for Elite Members that you will all find interesting it was in their cabin when they got on the ship.  Admission to the Persian Garden is currently listed as one of the perks for one port day.

Marion

Persian Garden.jpg

Edited by Mparis184
Forgot to add information

2 hours ago, Mparis184 said:

Someone sailing on the Edge right now just posted this information about the Perks for Elite Members that you will all find interesting it was in their cabin when they got on the ship.  Admission to the Persian Garden is currently listed as one of the perks for one port day.

Marion

Persian Garden.jpg

Maybe this thread and a few brave soles challenged the removal at the spa desk to such a point that they put it back.  However, it does say "Equinox Theatre" which leads me to believe its not from the Edge.  I will be on the Edge in a few weeks and will see if it really has vanished by then.....

Edited by Oren

11 minutes ago, Mparis184 said:

Oren you are right they must have been on the Equinox. 

Davekathy I will definitely be going to the CC Host Desk if I do not see the Persian Garden listed as one of our perks. 

Marion

Stop by here when you return from your cruise and post your experience. 

Edited by davekathy

1 hour ago, Oren said:

Maybe this thread and a few brave soles challenged the removal at the spa desk to such a point that they put it back.  However, it does say "Equinox Theatre" which leads me to believe its not from the Edge.  I will be on the Edge in a few weeks and will see if it really has vanished by then.....

The elite perk sheet is what APDMOM recently posted from the Equinox which she is currently on. I believe Mparis184 meant Equinox and not Edge when she posted. 

2 hours ago, Islandbuoy said:

Talked to Cap. club today. PG perk s being restored. No PG on Edge,so having to reword web data.

Was anyone on a non Edge ship ever denied the benefit?

it sounds like Celebrity told you that there is no Persian Garden on the Edge?

2 hours ago, Mparis184 said:

I just heard from some people currently on the Equinox ( I will be sailing on her in three weeks) and they said there was no problem getting a pass for Elite guests for the Persian Garden on port days.

Marion

Sounds like the issue is on EDGE...diff management, diff facility?