Elite Perk Eliminated- Port Day Persian Garden

Oren

On 12/21/2018 at 2:05 AM, villauk said:

Have we heard if the special lower price available for port day treatments is ceasing fleetwide too, as it has on Edge?

We just got off the Summit on 12/22.  The spa confirmed that port pricing will be going away. 

I have a few weeks to go before my EDGE cruise ...plan to use the Thermal suite as much as possible.

If there are limits in certain rooms...like a lim number of swinging chairs for example  I wonder if they will have more stringent  suggested time limits.?  Hope AQ guests do not need to make reserved times...

As for the spa  treatnent pricing...E plus may still get the discount which was the same as port pricing,  and  only applies during  port time anyhow.  If that goes, I would not book my usual facial and massage.

By comparison  I spent  yesterday  morning at the spa where we spend  the winter.  Full  2 hr combined facial and massage...top products..   Highly rated therapist..Cost was $120... plus grat $25..  Can,t beat that  Off season it is much less!  I enjoy it on the ship but not at any cost  

1 hour ago, hcat said:

I have a few weeks to go before my EDGE cruise ...plan to use the Thermal suite as much as possible.

If there are limits in certain rooms...like a lim number of swinging chairs for example  I wonder if they will have more stringent  suggested time limits.?  Hope AQ guests do not need to make reserved times...

As for the spa  treatnent pricing...E plus may still get the discount which was the same as port pricing,  and  only applies during  port time anyhow.  If that goes, I would not book my usual facial and massage.

By comparison  I spent  yesterday  morning at the spa where we spend  the winter.  Full  2 hr combined facial and massage...top products..   Highly rated therapist..Cost was $120... plus grat $25..  Can,t beat that  Off season it is much less!  I enjoy it on the ship but not at any cost  

Just pre-booked online directly on the MSC website a 1 hour massage on the MSC Divina (from Miami) which is the cruise directly before we board the Edge for $77.  So prices are totally dependent on supply and demand.  Maybe its just me, but it appears many of the spa "therapist" dont work all day and are standing around recruiting and giving free "sample" neck massages hoping to get customers.  I think most of these independently run spas on these cruise ships have their own way of "doing business." I would love to hear from a real cruise spa insider how this really all works.

4 minutes ago, davekathy said:

That makes you sad that there will be no charge for PG?  

No, my reply was in response to lmklimmek - the reduced port day spa prices are no longer available (they are being phased out across the fleet).

Edited by villauk

Celebrity’s loyalty program is nothing to brag about.  They started Elite Plus too low and there are no benchmarks before you get to zenith so most of us took that as Celebrity’s subtle way of saying we are giving you perks but by all means feel free to cruise on other cruise lines because it may take a lifetime to get from 749 to 3000.   

53 minutes ago, rsfriedm said:

Celebrity’s loyalty program is nothing to brag about.  They started Elite Plus too low and there are no benchmarks before you get to zenith so most of us took that as Celebrity’s subtle way of saying we are giving you perks but by all means feel free to cruise on other cruise lines because it may take a lifetime to get from 749 to 3000.   

I have always felt free to cruise on other cruise lines and I cannot imagine any program that would remove that freedom.  Although Celebrity is the best overall for us, we cruise other lines.

Being long term Celebrity cruisers I remember when the CC had almost no benefits.  (And we paid to join) The changes to Elite and then to Elite plus were very significant and much appreciated.  I do not know the details of every cruise line program, but I believe Celebrity is very competitive.  Although with the introduction of the BBB bundles and associated specials, the CC benefits are needed less.  (Drink Package and Internet)

i am not sure there there are very many cruise line programs that have something similar to the Zenith level.  I do not know any that have a level between the Elite plus and the Zenith.  Can you share any information on a cruise line that has the level you are proposing?

Enjoy your Celebrity or other cruise line cruise.

P.S.  I enjoyed a Disney Cruise with my Grandkids last year. (Wanted to see their joy and it was perfect for them).  I enjoyed two Celebrity cruise this year.  I have 3 Celebrity cruises booked in the future.  I have an Alaska Cruise with my daughter and her family booked next year. (Wanted the best Alaska experience). And I have a River cruise booked next year.  Why in the world would anything make me want to sacrifice the freedom to chose what is best for my family and I? 

On 12/15/2018 at 7:59 PM, miched said:

There have been a few changes or differences

passengers booked AQ when it listed daily bottled water.   Get on board and only have it the first day.

What about the footstools for CC and AQ.   They aren’t on the M class and apparently not on the Edge.

pre purchase a bev Pack because they have the beverages you want.   Get on board and they no longer offer  them or made them  premium.  

What upset almost everyone was when they eliminated the nightly piece of chocolate.   It was eventually returned.  

Whenever something is changed or tweeked  you may not know until you board and it is disappointing.  

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

We just got off the Infinity and will report that we had use of the Persion Gardens on a port day, had footstools with our balcony chairs, there were a few liquor items not offered and yes, we had the chocolates every night...

• Thanks 1

On 12/31/2018 at 11:58 AM, jagoffee said:

I have always felt free to cruise on other cruise lines and I cannot imagine any program that would remove that freedom.  Although Celebrity is the best overall for us, we cruise other lines.

Being long term Celebrity cruisers I remember when the CC had almost no benefits.  (And we paid to join) The changes to Elite and then to Elite plus were very significant and much appreciated.  I do not know the details of every cruise line program, but I believe Celebrity is very competitive.  Although with the introduction of the BBB bundles and associated specials, the CC benefits are needed less.  (Drink Package and Internet)

i am not sure there there are very many cruise line programs that have something similar to the Zenith level.  I do not know any that have a level between the Elite plus and the Zenith.  Can you share any information on a cruise line that has the level you are proposing?

Enjoy your Celebrity or other cruise line cruise.

P.S.  I enjoyed a Disney Cruise with my Grandkids last year. (Wanted to see their joy and it was perfect for them).  I enjoyed two Celebrity cruise this year.  I have 3 Celebrity cruises booked in the future.  I have an Alaska Cruise with my daughter and her family booked next year. (Wanted the best Alaska experience). And I have a River cruise booked next year.  Why in the world would anything make me want to sacrifice the freedom to chose what is best for my family and I? 

On 12/28/2018 at 9:35 AM, hcat said:

Elite Plus do get the 15% discount on port day treatments. That was never in dispute. It was the denial of Elite access to the Thermal Suite on port days and the removal of reduced pricing for all treatments on port days that was changed.

I laughed as I read your post - not at you but at me.  Yes, I remember when we paid $35 for the privilege of joining the Captains Club.  When they first offered a cocktail hour daily I recall a couple at the next table complaining that we had nothing but peanuts on the table while people on the other side of the ship had a variety of snacks (of course they were paying for their drinks).

As for other loyal programs, Royal Caribbean has several levels and Azamara has a very nice program that recognizes and rewards loyalty at several levels.  They do recognize loyalty as you as move between levels.  I only point these out because they are all owned by Royal Caribbean.

I cruise based on itinerary 

1 hour ago, WonderMan3 said:

Elite Plus do get the 15% discount on port day treatments. That was never in dispute. It was the denial of Elite access to the Thermal Suite on port days and the removal of reduced pricing for all treatments on port days that was changed.

As I mentioned in Post 26, we were already informed on the Solstice in November that the port discount is no longer applicable. I am Elite Plus.

Complementary entry to PG on port day was no issue and gladly taken by me.

Edited by Michidoeme

This seems to be the way with loyalty programs generally.
Promise things to get folk to be loyal. Then when it's time for them to make good on their promise - things have changed and it's not available anymore. Ho hum. 
I have been let down several times.
Customers are loyal to loyalty programs; it's too bad that those who offer them are not loyal to them.

"Oh, but in the fine print on page 413 that we know you won't find, we mentioned there might be a change...."
It's the all too frequent story these days, "Trust me!"

Don't forget to vote with your wallet next time.
I do; there's an airline I've boycotted for several years.

Edited by Canuker

Yes it is quite sad.  Extras that used to be free are no longer free!  Loyal guests are finding their perks being taken away and cruisers are getting nickeled and dimed to death. However I love cruising and will continue cruising and just cut back on our spending on the ship for the extras.  

Marion

1 hour ago, Michidoeme said:

As I mentioned in Post 26, we were already informed on the Solstice in November that the port discount is no longer applicable. I am Elite Plus.

Complementary entry to PG on port day was no issue and gladly taken by me.

I was referring to Edge.