Cruise Critic Community
Allure2020

Chartered?-Royal carribean allure of the seas 2/9/2020

Hi,

We have friends already booked for this cruise Royal Carribean Allure of the Seas western carribean February 9th 2020 out of Fort Lauderdale.   The sailing no longer shows online.  I called royal carribean to try to book and they said it is"code red" but wont give me any further info.   Has this sailing been chartered?

I saw that today.  All categories closed for booking on the travel agent site.  It could very well be chartered.  Just sit tight and be patient.  Your friends will receive notice at some point in the future.  No one at Royal will be able to tell you anything until the charter group releases that information.  It may take a while.  I’m booked on a sailing now that has been closed for over a month and I haven’t heard anything.

It takes a long time to agree a contract for a charter, esp for a ship like the Allure. They will close reservations while negotiations are in progress. There is a chance that the negotiations will fall through. Manu big companies won’t agree with the cruise line T&Cs   

3 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

It takes a long time to agree a contract for a charter, esp for a ship like the Allure. They will close reservations while negotiations are in progress. There is a chance that the negotiations will fall through. Manu big companies won’t agree with the cruise line T&Cs   

7 minutes ago, Allure2020 said:

It's been off their site for about 3 weeks now 

I’ve seen them be code red for 3 months before people were notified.

1 minute ago, Ourusualbeach said:

The op is asking about 2020, not 2019.

I understand. This seems to be an annual event on Allure about the same time each year. 

Its just a guess but if she is chartered or sold out, I bet it’s Atlantis. 

14 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

I understand. This seems to be an annual event on Allure about the same time each year. 

Its just a guess but if she is chartered or sold out, I bet it’s Atlantis. 

Gotcha, just threw me off when you linked the 2019 cruise.

Certainly a good possibility.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

Early dry dock? Our April one was cancelled due to her going into dry dock Are there still others sailings after that one still listed?

Just now, Midwestgal said:

Early dry dock? Our April one was cancelled due to her going into dry dock Are there still others sailings after that one still listed?

Yes there are other sailings after that one.

E81E6F3B-AEC2-4F7A-96AB-1F9C33A91ACD.pngLooks like this one is a partial charter as it’s still available for sale on the website.

the 9th to the 16th is unavailable.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

2 minutes ago, Magnetchief said:

Maybe the Atlantis and Sail and sing should Charter together.

That would be a riot. 

GMTA!

You beat me to it!  😉

I was booked on the Feb 9 sailing and had to reschedule. It was chartered but they would tell me for what. According to the email they were going to start contacting clients January 10. I wasn't waiting till then to find out the other acceptable date for me didn't have the cabin I wanted as I was on a back to back. If any of you currently have a reservation for February 9 CALL THEM NOW or have your agent call now without delay.

On 1/2/2019 at 3:24 PM, cruise only said:

I was booked on the Feb 9 sailing and had to reschedule. It was chartered but they would tell me for what. According to the email they were going to start contacting clients January 10. I wasn't waiting till then to find out the other acceptable date for me didn't have the cabin I wanted as I was on a back to back. If any of you currently have a reservation for February 9 CALL THEM NOW or have your agent call now without delay.

I didn't see this until now... Feb 9th 2020 sailing was available to book around Valentine's Day so I booked two cabins now it's not showing me that date when I search it 😧 non-refundable deposit not impressed they don't give a heads up on this. We've been on cruises that have been chartered by Christian rock groups or whatever and didn't really interfere with where we were how do you find out who's chartered your cruise date? 

This charter annoys me to no end. I booked a back to back on the Allure a year ago with this being one of the legs. I then was forced to reschedule that week. Unfortunately the options given by RCI didn't work and I had to take an earlier week to maintain my back to back (had the option of having a week on land between two cruises...nope). This cost me extra as they wouldn't match the price of my original booking. Not only was this booked more than a year ago it was booked onboard while on another cruise.