Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
DCCruiser57

Silver Wind Drydock

Recommended Posts

8 minutes ago, bjmjam said:

I wanted to upload photos quickly. 

 

If you are having problems doing so, if you email them to silversea@mail.co.uk I will post them for you.

 

Really looking forward to see the post drydock look.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you for these.....   Can someone please address the power in the suites?  Outlets that are North American/European.

 

Happy New Year to all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What about walk in showers?    Have the old tubs been removed?   Very important -- and looking forward to more photos PLEASE.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry for the delay. My lack of photos is proof of the on board internet performance...

 

Rooms were upgraded with new carpet, new sofas, a leather covered desk chair and an addition:  each suite now has a granite occasional/coffee table in front of the sofa.  They did nothing to the bathrooms.  Sorry.

 

All new paint on the exterior. You can still smell it.  New carpet everywhere.  Very nice.

 

They totally updated the show lounge. 

 

I'm doing this on my mobile and will try to comment more later. 

7ADA938E-53AB-48F3-89BB-7927BCAF12C3.jpeg

94F582A1-472C-404C-ABC8-2192CE3B5601.jpeg

4D90713A-004F-4C1F-A6D3-22F1EAE9BEF1.jpeg

39C132A3-7098-40FB-9072-5E40C5487732.jpeg

B278D63B-4AD8-4C9C-B8DE-C66BBA3188D6.jpeg

0EBBBDA3-41EF-4D9B-A33C-03D4B487E8D6.jpeg

D802726D-FA9A-45B0-A05D-DF416BC7EF1D.jpeg

7A913DC4-5BA5-4585-87D8-707C66B71015.jpeg

9DDD5A18-2F42-4CE4-927F-D6C9A7629F9B.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you for posting bjmjam. Hope you enjoyed your cruise. No need to apologise.... the important thing is you enjoying.

 

i must admit i was I was hoping for more changes to the suite than there is. Carpet aside, it looks much the same to me.

 

Anything done in the bathrooms? I’m guessing now that they probably haven’t.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Les - I know you're a fan of 738 so will post piccies of that when we board late April. 

 

From the above photos it looks like a little botox rather than full reconstruction. I suppose the hard furnishings, bathrooms and so forth will be sorted at the time of the ice Hull work. 

 

Thanks for the photos bjmjam

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Tothesunset said:

Les - I know you're a fan of 738 so will post piccies of that when we board late April. 

 

Are you staying in it with us? lol

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, les37b said:

 

Are you staying in it with us? lol

 

 

Wait! What? When? 

 

Its the TA from Miami to Tower Bridge. Hadn't you cancelled that? Just as well its a big suite! :classic_laugh:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Tothesunset said:

Wait! What? When? 

 

Its the TA from Miami to Tower Bridge. Hadn't you cancelled that? Just as well its a big suite! :classic_laugh:

 

I did..... but that was Bridgetown to Lisbon in 2020 (and was late March too!)

 

Youve got me worried now!

 

Are you talking about this one?

 

Hope theyve not double booked!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes. We join in Ft Lauderdale on 30 apr.

 

I've just checked our booking confirmation and the My Silversea page and both say 738. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, les37b said:

 

I did..... but that was Bridgetown to Lisbon in 2020 (and was late March too!)

 

Youve got me worried now!

 

Are you talking about this one?

 

Hope theyve not double booked!

Replied above but the quote function didn't take. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Tothesunset said:

Yes. We join in Ft Lauderdale on 30 apr.

 

I've just checked our booking confirmation and the My Silversea page and both say 738. 

 

Ah OK, I can get the confusion now. I disembark in Ft Lauderdale. We dont get home until the 4 May, so I did think the next cruise after ours was going to be in May. My Bad. When you said late April...... I did think you meant the 19 April one from FLL (Which is the link I posted with the "extension" to London added for good measure!)

 

So I guess, It'll be me doing the photo shoot of 738 for you! 

 

T minus 104 😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Phew! Mrs TTS can rest peacefully! Although if double booked we would have accepted a simple upgrade! 

 

There's really very little info about 738 available anywhere not just on this forum. It's like the backward nephew nobody talks about. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Tothesunset said:

Phew! Mrs TTS can rest peacefully! Although if double booked we would have accepted a simple upgrade! 

 

There's really very little info about 738 available anywhere not just on this forum. It's like the backward nephew nobody talks about. 

 

First rule of 738..... dont talk about 738! lol

 

I did actually post some pics of it when I was on the Wind for Lunch in September last year. (I can say that now!) Or at least I think I did. I know I used my decent camera to do them - but do think I did some on my phone too. I'll check and post if I still have them. I did say at the time the bathroom was disappointing and in need of updating...... hence my comments in this thread on the subject.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, les37b said:

 

First rule of 738..... dont talk about 738! lol

 

I did actually post some pics of it when I was on the Wind for Lunch in September last year. (I can say that now!) Or at least I think I did. I know I used my decent camera to do them - but do think I did some on my phone too. I'll check and post if I still have them. I did say at the time the bathroom was disappointing and in need of updating...... hence my comments in this thread on the subject.

I don't remember seeing them but that may say more about my memory than yours. 

 

Just to be safe, I'll have a shower before leaving home in case the bathroom disappoints, even though I've had one this year already. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll keep me nose peeled for your arrival! lol

 

Just checked on my phone and yes I do have a dozen or so photos. Not 100% sure how I'll get them uploaded on here without downloading and resizing, but will have a go.

 

 

EDIT:..... OK managed to get a few up...... Just so there is no confusion here, these photos are from September 2018 and NOT after the November refit.

Edited by les37b

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Brilliant Les. Thanks for doing that. It is a step up from the normal Vista, that's for sure. Strange to see a squarish suite rather than a long, thin one! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I suspect I'm in the minority, but I am glad to know we will still have a bathtub in a couple of weeks. I am a big fan of taking baths at home and enjoy continuing the habit when I'm on vacation (and have more free time!)  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • SAIL-AWAY GIVEAWAY - Enter Now for a Chance to Win a 7-day Cruise for Two
      • Q&A with InsureMyTrip
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...