Klong Toey to Jim Thompson House

hubofhockey

We have about five hours free in the afternoon of our first day in Bangkok, docking at Klong Toey.  In this time frame, I figured we could do a visit to the Jim Thompson House.  Are there taxis available at this port to get us there and back?  

When we were in Klong Toey we used our ship's shuttle's into town so I wasn't paying attention regarding taxis sorry.

On our first trip the shuttle's drop off was at (I think) Century World shopping centre which was walking distance to Siam BTS. This would be close to the house I think.

On the next cruise they used a drop a bit further out however.

Shuttle drive times ranged between 30 & 55 minutes.

If you are getting a taxi back I would pay particular attention as you leave the port area on the way in. The taxi driver back may well not be familiar with getting to the terminal from around the port area.

Having the same taxi meet you again at the house would solve that though.

Hope this helps a bit.

A search of the Azamara boards found this answer.  It's cut off above, but this is the rest of the response.  We'll look for the warehouse mentioned below and take a taxi to the Jim Thompson house.

As you disembark there is a small warehouse where taxi drivers and tours operators wait for your business then outside to where the shuttle coaches drive you through the vast dock area, then into the centre of Bangkok. I can't say for sure, but it looked like it was the quieter, but less interesting side.