Diamond Princess in Dunedin

Kiwi Kruzer

Thanks Mike.

Another cam to add to my list.

Isn't it funny,I search for cams worlwide but dont think to look for them in my own country.

The other cam shot (Taiaroa heads) is at the entrance of the long run up the harbour and into Port Chalmers.The ships pass very close to the sand bar you can see,and when we sailed out on Statendam people were standing there waving to us.The headland the cam looks over to is where the gannet colony is and as you sail out you can get an excellent view of the birds and the waiting chicks, as you are looking straight up into their nests.

David.

Diamond has 1 hour until sailout and the webcam has been set back to overlook the bow.

A great view looking down the harbour to the heads.

It is really great when someone on the bridge swings the camera around to give shots of the port.

Many thanks to the officers on the bridge.

365639961_diamond_Dunedin2.jpg.edfabbb868bd7b3b0d62026b3bb780b6.jpg

Kiwi Kruzer,

If you are going to be online in an hour. would you be kind enough to capture and post an image from the webcam? Down here in South Florida it will be well past midnight when the Diamond gets to the heads and I will hopefully be sound asleep. :) I would love to be able to get a preview of what we will be seeing in 4 weeks.

Kiwi Kruzer,

If you are going to be online in an hour. would you be kind enough to capture and post an image from the webcam? Down here in South Florida it will be well past midnight when the Diamond gets to the heads and I will hopefully be sound asleep. :) I would love to be able to get a preview of what we will be seeing in 4 weeks.

I watched it sail out,but the capture is not good......1 minute earlier the sun was shining and it would have been great.........

the cam picture is bmp and the board is telling me ....

(Diamond Dunedin 3.bmp:Your file of 384.0 KB bytes exceeds the forum's limit of 19.5 KB for this filetype.) Ive reduced it so lets see.......

Sorry best I can do...they are usually jpg when you save them.

Diamond Dunedin 3.bmp

Archived