Upgrading to unlimited wifi on Sun (from a PC/mobile)

zitsky

I'm on the ship in a few days so I know I can figure this out when I get there.  I just found it interesting.  Yesterday I tried purchasing the unlimited wifi premium package.  Both on wifi (ncl.com) and phone (Norwegian app).  Neither one worked.  I could add it to my "cart" but then nothing would show up and I couldn't purchase it.  Why would Norwegian advertise this but make it impossible to sign up?

Maybe I should go the traditional route and "upgrade" on board from the 250 min package to Premium?  I believe the advertised price was $357.  Would it be cheaper if I "upgrade"?  What did you pay to upgrade?

I'm just trying to avoid standing in line at the Internet cafe.  Seems easier just to do this online.

2 hours ago, zitsky said:

I believe the advertised price was $357.

$357 for internet? Are you serious? How many days and devices is that?

I was on Oasis last month and paid in advance $56 for 7 nights unlimited.

My wife and I are on NCL next year for 15 nights and need internet for work during some of the sea days. When logged in to MyNCL, the option to purchase internet and see pricing is not available this far in advance.

If we're going to pay $357 each, it'd probably save us money to cancel and go on another ship.

14 minutes ago, CruisingNole said:

$357 for internet? Are you serious? How many days and devices is that?

I was on Oasis last month and paid in advance $56 for 7 nights unlimited.

My wife and I are on NCL next year for 15 nights and need internet for work during some of the sea days. When logged in to MyNCL, the option to purchase internet and see pricing is not available this far in advance.

If we're going to pay $357 each, it'd probably save us money to cancel and go on another ship.

15 days.  1 cabin.  2 people. $357

I wasn't joking.

When you consider the price of your cruise it's not so much.

I will get on board and ask price.  Maybe I will stick with 250min package. (I think that number is right.)  I need basic email.  Streaming is extra.

I hate that you have to login/logout.

1 minute ago, zitsky said:

15 days.  1 cabin.  2 people. $357

I wasn't joking.

When you consider the price of your cruise it's not so much.

You mention it's good for two people, so both can use it at the same time, essentially making it $179 per person? That, I can live with.

Our cabin was $799pp so considering the price of the cruise, $357 per person would be absolutely ludicrous. 

8 minutes ago, CruisingNole said:

You mention it's good for two people, so both can use it at the same time, essentially making it $179 per person? That, I can live with.

Our cabin was $799pp so considering the price of the cruise, $357 per person would be absolutely ludicrous. 

Can't be used at same time.  Logon, log off, logon.

How many days is your cruise?

Edited by zitsky

7 minutes ago, zitsky said:

Can't be used at same time.  Logon, log off, logon.

How many days is your cruise?

15, the same as yours.

So looks like it will be $700 for two of us to each use it at the same time. Maybe we can somehow alternate with one login. I wouldn't buy it at all, but since we were planning to extend the trip to 21 nights total, taking 3 weeks off in a row is somewhat problematic as we are both employed full time. So the plan was to get some work done during the sea days (we've got 8 of them).

22 minutes ago, CruisingNole said:

15, the same as yours.

So looks like it will be $700 for two of us to each use it at the same time. Maybe we can somehow alternate with one login. I wouldn't buy it at all, but since we were planning to extend the trip to 21 nights total, taking 3 weeks off in a row is somewhat problematic as we are both employed full time. So the plan was to get some work done during the sea days (we've got 8 of them).

We are assuming that NCL is presenting the same price to everyone.  Maybe it's based on cabin category.  I have no idea.

I downloaded some music and video on my phone in case connection is bad.  I'll be happy with email.

Edited by zitsky