Cruise Critic Community
Scrapnana

ms Nieuw Statendam in Port Everglades December 19, 2018

Wednesday will mark Nieuw Statendam's  first visit to the U.S. as well as her first sighting in Port Everglades.  She is due to be at Pier 26 (Starboard to) from 0330-1700.  Her first cruise from FLL will be a short 4-day trip to the Bahamas. 

30203558997_d01643aab2_z.jpg

Wednesday, December 19

Fort Lauderdale, FL

Thursday, December 20

At Sea

Friday, December 21

Half Moon Cay, Bahamas

Saturday, December 22

Nassau, Bahamas

Sunday, December 23

Fort Lauderdale, FL

Also in port are Caribbean Princess at pier 2 from 0545-1600 and Costa Deliziosa at pier 19 from 0430-2300. 

The PTZtv webcams can be found at https://www.portevergladeswebcam.com/ and  https://www.ftlauderdalewebcam.com/

Next up:  Friday we will have a threefer with Koningsdam, Prinsendam, and Veendam

Thanks for the reminder.  Looking forward to watching her sail in to and out of  Port Everglades for the first time!

OH, dear!  That's me.  I haven't been able to get the webcam on my phone or iPad, so I won't be watching us sailing in, but Captain said on his noon report that we would be picking up our pilot at 3:30.  I have been waking up early so I might be around but we are on the port side.  If I'm really wide awake I might go out on the Sun Deck (11) to see what is going on.

I won't be here to see my next HAL ship arrive, but I surely hope to be here to see her depart!

I think it'll be too early to watch the sail, but hope to there for sail away.

I woke up at three, and I thought I could stay awake until we arrived, but the next thing I knew it was 4:30.  

6 minutes ago, Vict0riann said:

I woke up at three, and I thought I could stay awake until we arrived, but the next thing I knew it was 4:30.  

No worries, I missed it too.

Welcome back to North America, Ann 🙂 

We are heading to the port.  What pier do we head for?  Any parking hints? Thank you...

We've never been to Ft. Lauderdale... coming from The Villages.  Very last minute plans...bought tickets at 5 past night due to sickness in family we were due to visit.  The is SO not us...but it seems like fun!

58 minutes ago, jdsl1998 said:

We are heading to the port.  What pier do we head for?  Any parking hints? Thank you...

We've never been to Ft. Lauderdale... coming from The Villages.  Very last minute plans...bought tickets at 5 past night due to sickness in family we were due to visit.  The is SO not us...but it seems like fun!

Have your passports ready/available when entering the port entry area. Have a nice cruise.