EPIC walking track?

5280mom

Can anyone share info regarding the walking track on the Epic?  We sail this weekend and I'd prefer walking the track versus on a treadmill.  Is the track around an already occupied area (chairs, people to dodge) or is it a dedicated area with less traffic, conducive to getting a workout?

The Epic jogging track in on the starboard side on deck 7.  On my cruise it was usually deserted but it probably depends on the time of day.  You just keep jogging back and forth on that side of the ship.  The were no deck chairs since all you would be looking at would be the lifeboats.  Here are a couple of pictures of the jogging track I took a few years ago.

akemtc.jpg

300ae6u.jpg

To my mind, the most disappointing part is that there's just the one. I was recently on the Gem where there are two, one for walking and one for jogging. This is the only thing about the Epic that I really dislike.

On my first cruise on the Epic I didn't really care because there was so much walking on all the port days and there was only one sea day. My next booking has at three-plus sea days and I may resort to using a treadmill.

It gets busy at certain times.   Notice how narrow the path is.   You get regular paced walkers walking double, you get families out on a slow, slow stroll at the same time a couple people think they can jog.     Its to narrow.   Its too short.   It's really annoying if there's more than a couple walkers out there at once.     

The Epic track is my husband's favorite cruise ship track! No deck chairs getting the way, fewer people standing in the middle and taking pictures or blocking the lanes like they were on the Getaway (and other ships), and protected from the wind. He's usually up running 8-10 miles around 6 a.m. each morning of our cruises, so definitely conducive to getting a good workout in.

Enjoy your cruise!

Thank you so much for the info and pictures!  I guess I can expect it to be half as good as the Oasis last year 😉. That one is nearly perfect, under cover and a dedicated area.  I’ll check it out and if it is too crowded will find a treadmill.  

11 hours ago, dolita22 said:

The Epic track is my husband's favorite cruise ship track! No deck chairs getting the way, fewer people standing in the middle and taking pictures or blocking the lanes like they were on the Getaway (and other ships), and protected from the wind. He's usually up running 8-10 miles around 6 a.m. each morning of our cruises, so definitely conducive to getting a good workout in.

Enjoy your cruise!

And there you have it.  One man's trash is another man's treasure.

10 hours ago, 5280mom said:

Thank you so much for the info and pictures!  I guess I can expect it to be half as good as the Oasis last year . That one is nearly perfect, under cover and a dedicated area.  I’ll check it out and if it is too crowded will find a treadmill.  

It is the best I've seen on any ship. Wide, two lanes, one for walking and one for running, views of the ocean and wraps around the entire ship to form a true "loop" (no areas where you have to turnaround to avoid running into a wall).