Staying on the ship

MoyCoy

I am sailing for the first time to the Mexico Riveria on Royal Princess on April 20th. My Husband and I enjoy staying on the ship of coming backn3 hours before sailaway when cruising on larger vessels.  We enjoy exploring less crowded ship and all the advantages thereof. We are visiting cabo ,PV, and Mazaltan.  I have read on CC that PV beach resort excursion should not be missed. Which port would you recommend that we shorten our on port stay? How is the weather that time of year?

Any tips for a newbie in Mexico? Ps: we have sailed on Princess smaller ships several times. 

We almost always go ashore.  The only port we've stayed onboard has been the first day of a two days in Cabo.  Tender port and it's very American.  The Marina area and Mall can be in any area of the US.  

I did not look up your itinerary.  On many of the Mex Riv cruises, Princess was doing Cabo as a half-day visit, from some early hour of the morning until 2:00 p.m.  Because I do not do early hours on vacation, that meant that Cabo for me was only a few hours ashore.   On the Ruby, Princess has changed the itinerary, giving us more time in port at Cabo.  

I almost always do get off the ship at Cabo, but just to wander around the port area, and take a water taxi out to Los Arcos and back.  Two weeks ago, one "highlight" of our Cabo port visit was for two of the women in my group to stick their feet in fish tanks to become fish food.  These fish pedicures are not legal where we live, so the ladies wanted the experience.

We've all done enough parasailing, but Cabo is a good place for that.

If I was looking for a ship day, Cabo would be it.

On 12/22/2018 at 5:09 AM, MoyCoy said:

Is there a place near the port that we can do fish pedicures?

Wow -- I thought you made a typo and I was wondering what it could be -- DW said it is a real thing.  A quick Google/Youtube search shows how unsanitary and dangerous it is, besides being just disgusting.  No wonder it is illegal  in so many U.S. states.  

If you decide to do it - good luck and I hope you enjoy it!  

In the port area, there is a modern US style mall called Puerto Pariaso.  You circle the entire dock area to get there.  In the mall, there are several kiosks and booths.  Near the front entrance (not the back entrance that fronts the docks), there is a kiosk with the fish manicure tanks.

I know several Asian ladies who go to an illegal fish manicure place in L.A., who think it is a legitimate foot treatment.  I have not heard of any of them having any issues with this practice.

Neither of the two ladies in my group had any issues from it, although I do not know how smooth they found their feet from it in the long run.  There was an immediate "oh, they feel so smooth" reaction.  But I can get that with Epsom salts!

IMG_3885.thumb.JPG.d17658a7205e974b572a4c0f6f463584.JPG

• 2 weeks later...