Perfect Beach

SeaPete

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/31/2018 at 2:19 PM, Wpooh1968 said:

Anyone know the cost for a cab from port to Eagle or Palm Beach?  Rental of chairs and umbrella?  Food nearby?  We've been to Aruba before and just want to beach it this time, but no excursion.  TIA

Following...interested in this as well. 

I just returned from our cruise and went to Eagle Beach.  I would never go again.  $20 each way from ship for 3 persons.  We needed 3 chairs and 1 umbrella...we were told $45 for 2 chairs and 1 umbrella.  He would not sell us the 3 chairs and 1 umbrella.  Paid $90 fo 3 chairs and 2 umbrellas.  Would never go back.  We never used the rest room nor the restaurant.  Water very cold.  Next time I will stay on the ship.  Only stayed an hour...waste of time and money.

How did you get there? A taxi from inside the port should have been about $15.00 for the entire taxi. Outside of the port,  probably about $12.00. The bus is only $2.60 per person.  $45.00 for two chairs and one umbrella is the standard rate. Wouldn't he rent you one extra chair without another umbrella?

We went to the taxi stand where everyone else from the ship went...just by the port.  We sat in the van at least 15 minutes while the van driver tried to convince a Spanish couple to do a tour of the island with him.  He had a map he was showing them.  We were about to get out of the van when he finally returned. We were 3 adults in the van going to Eagle Beach.  We paid the same price both ways so I think this is the going rate.  He would not sell us 3 chairs...he kept repeating 2 chairs plus umbrella $45.  We were 3 adults.

The van driver definitely overcharged you. He took advantage of the fact that you were cruisers and didn't know the rates. Do you recall if he dropped you off at a beach bar called Coco Loco? I've been hearing horrible reports about these people. I never recommend it.