Cruise Critic Community
Texas Tillie

New Website!

I can't find that the senior crew/entertainers/lecturers are listed anywhere on the individual cruises. Also can't find the webcams.  :classic_sad::classic_sad:

Patty

At last they treat you like a customer now and not a booking number (well sort of) - its good you can setup a profile and all your bookings are accessible from that profile - based on your Crystal Society log in

It seems that even previous cruises are listed

Still lots to check out and see how (or if) things work but this looks like a major upgrade for the site

Currently its slow and it's certainly proving difficult to locate some information on it - guess we will need to give it some time to settle down and for functionality to be added

Edited by Stickman1990

I also can't seem to locate the webcams. Also, I can't find the PCPC section to update my booked cruises. This website so far for me, is not user friendly.

I think it is horrible.  Doesn't show a lot of what was before. And hard to read.

I go to a cruise I'm booked on and instead of listing excursions by city or date it just sort of has a block for each -

Why do companies do this and who looks at it (from a customer stand point) before. 

As a regular I find it one of the worst although maybe get used to is and maybe they will roll out more.  Pale site with small pale fonts.

I'm sure some will like it but I'd rate is a 1 so far.  Maybe they have fixed the many, many errors in old site which would be a plus.

I cannot find the entertainers and lecturers on a cruise. What happened to the old, new website? 

they keep making it more and more difficult!

Found the live cams - under each ship - now it is full page and sort of weird each view.    Computer room cameras aren't there any more.

I'm sure we'll find most stuff is still there - just harder to find and require more clicks to get to it

PCPC seems to be old format and the same - doesn't look as if it has changed

Edited by ctjon

ctjon

Thanks for finding most of the important points we need/want to view on the new website. I still don't like it.

I know that Crystal Cruises is looking for feedback on the new website:

So do post your comments and thoughts and any problems you encounter as well as any suggestions.

You can also e-mail Crystal with comments.

This is the information from the thread that Crystal Cruises started  a little while ago including the e-mail address where you can send comments to:

Keith

Dear Valued Cruise Critic Members,

We are pleased to let you know that our new Crystal website, crystalcruises.com, went live early this morning.  We wanted to share the news with you here as we have appreciated and noted your ongoing feedback about our website. The new online Crystal Experience sets the stage for discovery by Ocean, River, Yacht & Expedition as only Crystal can deliver.

Below, please find a few highlights and features about the new crystalcruises.com:

• A new, intuitive navigation flow, from enhanced engagement and exploring to planning and booking;
  • An interactive Travel Advisor search using Google Maps;
  • A fully responsive design across all devices whether desktop, tablet or phone delivering an optimal digital experience;
  • Multiple filters to help users quickly find their desired destinations and the method by which they wish to travel;
  • Interactive maps that allow users to clearly see full itineraries and zoom-in to explore individual ports;
  • Day-by-day itineraries that may be viewed in different ways (by map or list) depending on preference, plus voyage details including straight-forward fares;
  • Dedicated customer profiles to manage preferences, view booked voyages and Crystal Society member details;
  • The ability to save favorite experiences, future voyages and excursions.

There are many other new features and details you will find as you navigate our new website. And, there is more to come as we continue to develop new ways for travelers and our travel partners to experience The World of Crystal online!

As with any new website launch - especially one of this magnitude that includes more than 6,000 unique pages - users may encounter problems or errors and we are at the ready to adjust and correct. Please find a “Website Feedback” link located in the footer of most website pages to give us your feedback (it will take you to the askcrystal@crystalcruises.com email. Please note Website Feedback in the subject line). Your feedback is truly valued! 

We hope you enjoy the new online Crystal Experience, and we thank you for your loyalty to Crystal and your support and feedback on our new website.

Warm regards and Happy Holidays,

Kari Tarnowski
Vice President, Marketing

I hadn't even registered at the site before so I finally did that this morning.  I'm trying to attach my current reservation to my new account/Crystal Society number and it's not doing it. I love technology!

I usually find that any changes to a website, especially as dramatic as has occurred here, deeply annoying.

However, the old website was so ghastly, I am prepared to give the experience a qualified welcome.

Give it a try, guys.

Another horrible rollout / upgrade of the web site changes by Crystal.   No prior announcement before today with information on what would be changing and where to find all the previously defined topics.  I just went in to register with my name, future booking number and Crystal Society number.   It came back with my mother's name, a different Crystal Society number and no future bookings, although I have 3.   Doesn't anybody test what they are rolling out before they go live?   I worked in the IT industry for 41 years - this is despicable.

There are few things more universally reviled in the 21st century than a change to a user interface, so I give Crystal credit for the courage to implement this.  It will take more than a little time to find my way around, but the look is so much more current than the old site, I'm willing to climb the learning curve.

27 minutes ago, KenzSailing said:

There are few things more universally reviled in the 21st century than a change to a user interface, so I give Crystal credit for the courage to implement this.  It will take more than a little time to find my way around, but the look is so much more current than the old site, I'm willing to climb the learning curve.

Yes.

But, too many web designers are so enamored of their own creations, they fail to look at the usability of a site.  It's been said that user interfaces are like jokes - if you have to explain it, it's not a good one.

Key to any new site is not to lose the functionalities of the old one.  Especially those that get used and are appreciated by the users.

Thumbs down in my book.  More pictures does NOT equal better.

Just tried using the new website and it is difficult at best. At least for me. Not liking the "new and improved" version. Tried the Website feedback and it bounced back to me as undeliverable.  And so it goes.  "not so joyous"

It's not even letting me log into my account! It says "user name not found". It didn't accept the password I had saved, so I tried re-setting it - but it says "user name not found" for my email address. It's the only email address I have. This is NOT good. 😞 

Editing to add - I managed to log in, but I had to actually create a new account using my email address. It does seem to have my information once I did that, so that's good. Now I'll go poke around. But let me just say that I think that's a really bad way to handle their customers - it was NOT intuitive. Not everyone will be able to guess that you have to actually create a new account. 

We just experienced a similar situation with Cruise Critic - they made it so hard to get back in, and figure out how the new forum works, that many people just never bothered. We have several from our roll call thread who never did come back after the "upgrade".

Edited by Leejnd4

I haven't found the list of entertainers and lectures for cruise yet - has anyone?  Also, under the already booked there was a section about software to download can't find that as well as other pre sail stuff such.

As someone wrote it would be nice if they told people - you used to find here but now here etc.

Will be interesting to see how people feel in a couple of weeks.  I'm sure some stuff we will get used to and other???

I know ! Not knowing the entertainers ahead of time will make me hesitate to book as guest lecturers and the Avenue Saloon entertainer, are an integral part of the Crystal experience. 

I signed up and the error I have encountered is the summary of our past voyages are incorrect - some are missing and some that are there are cruises we have never been on. I REALLY don't like not being able to see who the entertainers or lecturers are! I think the latter is not a glitch with the system but a decision by Crystal to not have this information made available. I can see how this saves them a little bit of hassle and maybe a lot of other cruise lines don't provide this information but Crystal loyalists are used to having access to this and it's a hard adjustment to swallow.

One good thing is once you log in, you can get to the PCPC without knowing your booking number. (click on journey planner).

The number of voyages is incorrect.  Missing one.

Edited by PaulMCO

59 minutes ago, ClefsDor said:

I signed up and the error I have encountered is the summary of our past voyages are incorrect - some are missing and some that are there are cruises we have never been on. I REALLY don't like not being able to see who the entertainers or lecturers are! I think the latter is not a glitch with the system but a decision by Crystal to not have this information made available. I can see how this saves them a little bit of hassle and maybe a lot of other cruise lines don't provide this information but Crystal loyalists are used to having access to this and it's a hard adjustment to swallow.

I have written to them about this already. These kind of changes have everything to do with their not wanting to deal with guests griping about who or who isn't on board/someone not wanting to deal with guests directly in the home office. I see so many things that the  Crystal  Is doing- becoming too much  like mass market lines in many ways-what happened to doing better than their competition? There is an old saying :"good enough never is" ,,but mass market cruise lines don't care about anything but the short term profits/bottom line, but that is very short sighted., nor does Crystal anymore it seems:(

I will not book a Crystal cruise  without knowing who is going to be on. I cant stand the Jazz cruises and some other themed cruises and I will not pay to suffer through things I cant stand (again) Oh well. I have taken 4 trips to japan in 2 years ,and two were post cruises .I will be returning in the spring and would like to combine the trip with a Crystal cruise but not without knowing who the guest lecturers are or entertainers. Yes it was unique amongst cruise lines to have that information, but I ask Crystal,WHY ARE YOU TRYING SO HARD TO BECOME MEDIOCRE /mass market in your treatment of Crystal Society members?

We just wrote Crystal feedback and asked for an "Information Only" toggle on the website.

The Cove is "The center of revelry" on Symphony? Jeez.