Cruise Critic Community
Texas Tillie

New Website!

6 hours ago, jwh said:

I've been in the industry for over 40 years and I second what you are staying Larry.   Wishing you in snowy Canada, from us in sunny Australia 'downunder',  a lovely Christmas and a safe, healthy and very happy new year.

Our favourite country after our own, and looking forward to being there again on Serenity in February!! We here in the Toronto area will be having a "semi-Australian" Christmas. It will be green. Unfortunately that is where the similarity ends, as the temperature will be right around 0 C!! A Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you and yours!!

15 hours ago, mskatiemae said:

I haven't yet found account set up or live views or online booking, 

Catherine

In the top right hand corner is a symbol that sort of looks like a head and shoulders? Click on that and it will take you to the sign in panel. From my experience and others, it may be pre-populated with your e-mail address and password, which won't work. A little further down it says Sign Up Now. Click on that and set up a new account and it should work.

For Live Views look under The Ships in the tool bar, then click on the individual ship, then scroll down and you will the Live Views link. I have not looked for the booking function. Of course, being a TA I have access to the agent site so don't need the booking function.

UGH!!! This new website is very difficult to navigate.

To go to PCPC, I searched "PCPC' which came up 11 results. Found the link to PCPC. The link should be on the main page, not hidden. Oh drats, it is all the way at the bottom of the main page, there are bunch of links to just about everything!! Why at the bottom, Not one looks "down there." on a web page especially if it is a long scroll.

If one wants the link to PCPC, here it is:

https://checkin.crystalcruises.com/default.aspx?_ga=2.254195534.773436866.1545579539-875583060.1545579539

To search for the cruise year, they did away with the cruise  year and one line for each segment. Year 2019 sailings for Serenity on the old website would populate 2019 with the entire year of Serenity's sailing. The new format is more cumbersome and time labor to sort thru especially  on a tablet or slow internet while traveling.

Why do we have to sign up? What is the reason for?

PCPC does its job....

Thanks, Kate

56 minutes ago, Summer Time said:

To go to PCPC, I searched "PCPC' which came up 11 results. Found the link to PCPC. The link should be on the main page, not hidden. Oh drats, it is all the way at the bottom of the main page, there are bunch of links to just about everything!! Why at the bottom, Not one looks "down there." on a web page especially if it is a long scroll.

https://checkin.crystalcruises.com/default.aspx?_ga=2.254195534.773436866.1545579539-875583060.1545579539

To search for the cruise year, they did away with the cruise  year and one line for each segment. Year 2019 sailings for Serenity on the old website would populate 2019 with the entire year of Serenity's sailing. The new format is more cumbersome and time labor to sort thru especially  on a tablet or slow internet while traveling.

PCPC does its job....

Thanks, Kate

If you sign up it lists all of your current bookings and a link from each one that takes you directly into PCPC without having to sign in separately or remember your booking number(s). 

While there is some interesting functionality, by and large I don't find this new site to be an improvement, but I also don't use it that much either.

OMG - I couldn't log in using Chrome so I went to Safari and success. I like the idea all my booked cruises are located on one page. However, when I went to the more details section on the first cruise, I noticed there was another person I didn't book, assigned to my room as guest number two. This is just amazing. I would suggest checking the details section of all your booked cruises or you might end up with a guest in your room you weren't expecting.

I can't imagine all the phones calls Crystal will get next week.  My travel agent will definitely be hearing from me as well.

44 minutes ago, sasejm said:

However, when I went to the more details section on the first cruise, I noticed there was another person I didn't book, assigned to my room as guest number two. This is just amazing. I would suggest checking the details section of all your booked cruises or you might end up with a guest in your room you weren't expecting.

I've just checked several future cruises and alas I don't get any bonus extra guests sharing our cabin - just the wife and I 

I wonder what result you get Sasejm when you check those cruises through the actual PCPC -  click on Journey Planner and that should take you to the PCPC entry - hopefully its reflected correctly in that system which I don't believe has been "upgraded" (we had that drama last year...)

One thing I do get is that all our future cruises refer to "Iberian Sojourn" above the date for some reason - that is clearly wrong

Also what Join Date are you seeing? Mine is 10 Nov 2018 - which matches with one of cruises listed under my past cruises - that I didn't take - so that well and truly screwed up as well (I've heard from other friends that their join date is also taken from an earlier cruise - although in their case they did actually take that one)

Edited by Stickman1990

Stickman1990 - Thanks for the suggestion. I'm almost afraid to take that step for fear of who knows what I'll see. Just kidding! I'll check it out and see what they have posted.

Edited by sasejm

Stickman1990 - Since I still can't log in, I believe the join date was also November 10, 2018.  Since my first Crystal cruise was November 6, 1990, on the Harmony, they at least got the month correct. I assume that is the date you are referring to as the join date.

16 hours ago, Summer Time said:

PCPC does its job....

Thanks, Kate

Thank you for the link.  With time off I wanted to get everything filled in for cruise and get dinner reservations. 

Even if being able to book directly is a benefit it is the only one to the new site. The old one may have been inaccurate but it was easy to use and find stuff. This one is hard to use other than if you want to find white spaces.  

My prior cruises is also incorrect but since it only shows date of cruise hard to figure which are missing. Also says I was society member since 2012 which is interesting since I sailed back on Harmony. 

I wonder if allowing direct booking will irritate TAs and then turn them off of Crystal. 

Hopefully it will get better but so far to me a stretch for a rating of 1. If I weren’t waiting for excursions to be posted for my trip in 5 months I wouldn’t go to the site for a while 

There is no excuse for bad data and functions that don't work.  What if the FAA rolled out systems for the air traffic controllers to use that didn't work? What if there were medical systems rolled out to be used by doctors and hospitals that didn't work?   Crystal has accepted mediocrity with whomever is their IT support.  It's bad enough that Crystal did not solicit feedback on the new site from any of us on cruisecritic before turning it on and bad enough that there was no advance notice of the new web site and bad enough that there is no mapping for commonly-used functions on the old web site to where they are on the new web site.  That is all bad enough - but putting a web site out there that doesn't work and has numerous issues that is used by thousands of clients is inexcusable.  Has Crystal no regard for our time and all the time we collectively have wasted trying to navigate the new web site, identify problems, offer suggestions, etc let alone all the time that travel agents will now have to spend because clients can't navigate the web site themselves.   Functions that we all used EVERY SINGLE DAY (including LIVE VIEWS) now no longer work and functions have been taken away (eg views of Computer Room).   Data is incorrect for the vast majority of us re past cruises, future cruise bookings etc.   Given the state of this new web site, I'd suggest Crystal back out the change, restore the old web site, THOROUGHLY test the new design (at a minimum but preferably get some user input from us on useability first),  communicate to us before it is rolled out again, then roll it out. People who are saying give Crystal time to fix the problems must have a lot of time on their hands to waste trying to figure out the new site and/or identify all the problems to Crystal.

On December 22, 2018 at 4:48 PM, Texas Tillie said:

All of my 2017 cruises are missing. That's 2 on the Mozart and a B2B on the Symphony.  Also, there is one that I canceled way in advance that is listed. All the rest seem to be right.

Patty

My 2017 cruises are also missing.

Nancy

47 minutes ago, nancygp said:

My 2017 cruises are also missing.

Nancy

All my 2017 cruises (Mozart and Symphony) are also missing.

I remember when they switched to the new/current PCPC.  People were saying the sky is falling.

As much as I hated it then, the current one is better.

In short a new user interface, people will get used to.  They need to fix the issues though and make some enhancements as some things are overly cumbersome.

Some comments --

1) The cruise search function -- takes multiple steps/filters - Destination, Dates, Ships, Themes, Savings..  Each requires a pulldown.  Very slow.  Better way is to make all visible at same time, then click each to filter.   Oceania has a good search function that uses that concept.  One of my Internet TA's does too.

2) Pricing -- I like the (i) function on the fares.  Shows all of the applicable savings without cluttering the prices.

Also like the ability to check the available staterooms and do a search for a particular number to see availability

3) The Onboard section for a particular itinerary is useless. Sounds like a marketing guy did this.  6* Luxury??

How about the specific for the cruise.  Like Theme, Guest Lectures etc...  For all of the standard infor about the ship -- there is a ships section.. 

4) Like the ability to see the Shorex's. 

5)  Maybe Crystal should have had a HELP section in plain text of what is new for those users that are used to the old site. Like where is the PCPC shortcut (on the bottom of the web page -- Already Booked) and the Crystal Society info (again on the bottom of the page -- Crystal Guidebook)

6) Deck Plans--  scrolling not working properly (using Fire Fox).  Some items flash in an out. You have to play with your web browser size (CNTRL - ) to make it work.  Larger view does not work.

Edited by PaulMCO

On 12/24/2018 at 6:54 AM, ctjon said:

Even if being able to book directly is a benefit it is the only one to the new site. The old one may have been inaccurate but it was easy to use and find stuff. This one is hard to use other than if you want to find white spaces.  

My prior cruises is also incorrect but since it only shows date of cruise hard to figure which are missing. Also says I was society member since 2012 which is interesting since I sailed back on Harmony. 

I wonder if allowing direct booking will irritate TAs and then turn them off of Crystal. 

Hopefully it will get better but so far to me a stretch for a rating of 1. If I weren’t waiting for excursions to be posted for my trip in 5 months I wouldn’t go to the site for a while 

Crystal used to have direct booking. It was just turned off for a while while the new booking engine was being integrated into the new front end. Even if one does not book directly it is good to use it to compare prices (especially to check single supplements) so as to be more educated before talking to TA.

Well, I found some shorex titles on the site by clicking more info but no links to see a description of the tours. They are there in the PCPC for some upcoming segments.

When I login (and thanks to all who explained how to go about that), it gives me a scroll down page of all my booked cruises by title and dates. If I click on "More Details" it provides the embarkation port but still not the disembarkation port. It should. It would be nice if the Crystal Key were there too but that is not as important to me.

All my current bookings are correct. In the list of past cruises, other than all of 2017 being missing, the rest of the list looks accurate. The number of past cruises is correct if one adjusts for the missing 2017 and count each cruise as 1, not by the number of Crystal Society credits assigned to it.

Most aggravating to me is the missing officer/entertainment/enrichment list. It contains integral information for planning for the cruise. Also in selecting among similar voyages such as Canada/NE, this info would count heavily in making the final decision.

Found another issue - I keep looking at my cruise next May (5 months away) to find when shore excursions and prices for some ports will be listed (so much for benefit of paying early so you can book excursions).   There is a map view and list view.  I usually look at list view but today looked at map view.  On the map there is a symbol and port name and a line showing the path that the ship will take.   So the line skips one port entirely even though the name of the port is on the map and names are missing from several of the ports even though the path line connects the symbols on those ports. 

How does this happen - especially with a new feature how is NO QA done.  I haven't looked at other cruises but I can't believe this one is the only one with errors like that.

Also when you look at live views is no longer shows what port the ocean ship is in or where they are headed.  That information is a lot more important, I would think to the normal users, than the GMT time of the picture.

Since Crystal reads this forum I would like them to tell us if the staff and lecturers and shows, etc. that appeared on the old site and was very valuable in choosing a cruise, etc.  will reappear and if so where and when.

You know what it occurred to me?

There are no voyage numbers! I looked all over the main Crystal website,  not logging in. Ironically, if there are no voyage numbers associated to a particular segment, that could lead to some confusion of what cruise TA/client/Crystal are referring to.

Can Crystal put voyage numbers back in?

Unless I am looking in the wrong place.

Kate

36 minutes ago, Summer Time said:

You know what it occurred to me?

There are no voyage numbers! I looked all over the main Crystal website,  not logging in. Ironically, if there are no voyage numbers associated to a particular segment, that could lead to some confusion of what cruise TA/client/Crystal are referring to.

Can Crystal put voyage numbers back in?

Unless I am looking in the wrong place.

Kate

They are buried -- only way to see them is in the BOOK section when you view the itinerary.. 

image.thumb.png.587693c2b207272243ae48ce96cb1edd.png

18 hours ago, TER777 said:

Most aggravating to me is the missing officer/entertainment/enrichment list. It contains integral information for planning for the cruise. Also in selecting among similar voyages such as Canada/NE, this info would count heavily in making the final decision.

That was a pretty big feature of the prior site, and something sorely missing here.  Maybe it is buried somewhere, since they do have the info. But I've scoured the site pretty well and unable to find it. If someone has a link to it, please post here.

THe site is really bad - it is all glitz, fancy pictures, but little information.  Looks like it was designed by 20 somethings for a generation of people who won't read - it must be shown.  That's not your Crystal Cruiser.

PaulMCO, thank you for pointing out where we can find it.

lt is waaaaay tooo many steps to find the Voyage number. No one will think to go the Book Section to find the voyage number, especially folks who are not on cruise critic board. On the main Crystal page, each voyage should have the Voyage number from the get go. 

I wasted 5-7 minutes looking all over the website before pulling out a Paper email confirmation which has the voyage number from my TA.  The old website had the voyage number and I would use it as a reference for deciding on my future cruises.

Kate

Edited by Summer Time

41 minutes ago, gwesq said:

That was a pretty big feature of the prior site, and something sorely missing here.  Maybe it is buried somewhere, since they do have the info. But I've scoured the site pretty well and unable to find it. If someone has a link to it, please post here.

THe site is really bad - it is all glitz, fancy pictures, but little information.  Looks like it was designed by 20 somethings for a generation of people who won't read - it must be shown.  That's not your Crystal Cruiser.

I already scoured the site for that.   There is a spot for it among the marketing glitz.  But it says the same for each voyage.  DESIGNER took the easy way out.  

I have done web design and user interface design.  I have never been a fan of the past site, the previous 2016 site was better.  Now this is by far one of the worst cruise web sites.  Looks like they took the easy way out to get it running without putting much voyage specific data into the programming. Hopefully they have the hooks made to just add the specific files so that the info can logically be access.  Like -- when you are looking at a voyage you can click ONBOARD and then ENRICHMENT and then click on the Crustal Visions Lectures and see the list (rather that the marketing garbage that is now there)

Web designers usually keep the old site on line using terms like legacy, history, old...  But used those that I know and nothing,,,

Edited by PaulMCO

In the hopes that every bit of feedback might help get things changed.....I think this new website is AWFUL.

The previous one was easy to get around and find needed info.

This new one does not have needed info that I easy to find.

Marc

Well I found where the ships are supposed to be in reference to the cameras.  When you  are looking at a specific ship it provides location at the place where you can click to view the cams.   Of course Symphony's cameras say it is 12/25 and Serenity says it is 12/24. Gee I think it is 12/27 but.

I know that there are probably people who like the new site but this one is just as inaccurate if not more than the old one so like the design or nor not there is no excuse for this type of inaccurate implementation. As I've said before if the ships were actually run the same way the web site is -they'd sink before clearing a pier.