Booking a Celebrity Transatlantic onboard Jewel of the Seas

LucasLounger1

Hello,

I asked over on the Royal boards about this and Host Bob thought I'd best bring it over here to the Celebrity folks. 

I read these boards every day and think I know the answers to these questions, but if someone could confirm it would be much appreciated!  I am interested in a Celebrity Transatlantic for Fall of 2020, and I'm considering booking while onboard Jewel of the Seas next March/April.

• Will the Celebrity cruise be subject to the reduced deposit for booking onboard?  We've had some unexpected home expenses and I'd rather avoid giving $960 to Celebrity at this time.
  • Even though its Transatlantic, would we still receive the onboard credit (looking at balcony cabin)? I understand Transatlantics don't generally get any kind of perk at all.
  • And I think I read somewhere here that you can book onboard for friends not on the current cruise.  I'd also like to arrange for my sister and her DH to come along.  Would their reservation be subject to reduced deposit? Anything to know about doing this?

Of course with my luck the price will rise between now and then.  Hopefully the answers to the above don't prove to be a moot point!

Thanks in advance for your knowledge and assistance

Yes, I think the deposit is reduced for booking on board, although we have only booked on Celebrity for another Celebrity cruise.  I think we got $100 OBC for a transatlantic.  i don't know about booking for anyone else.  You can also transfer the booking to a travel agent when you get home and get what they are offering also.

I posted this on the Royal board yesterday but cannot figure out how to link it somI just copied it.

Yes, you can book a Celebrity or Azamara cruise on a Royal Cruise. The booking is subject to whatever offers the cruise line you are booking has at the time.

Here is the December 2018 Celebrity onboard booking offer:

http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/General_Info/CEL_Onboard_Offer_December_2018_Offerv1.pdf

It doesn’t usually change much month to month. It looks like you would get only OBC for booking a transoceanic cruise, no perks or discount.

Please note the disclaimer below the chart in the Exclusions paragraph: “Transatlantic, transpacific and repositioning cruises are also excluded from the “50% Off 3rd and 4th Guests,” “Free Perks”, and "Savings" offers.”

Assuming you are a Crown and Anchor member, suggest you call and enroll in Celebrity Captains Club before you book. You need to call because they will match your C&A  status (up to Diamond) on Celebrity (up to Elite.) Being a Captains Club member will possibly let you take you take advantage of a “One Category Upgrade” depending on the Cabin category you choose. 

From the Captain’s Club Terms and Conditions: One-category upgrade requests must be made at the time of booking and apply only for upgrades within the supercategory, depending on availability. Example of a supercategory upgrade in AquaClass: A2 to A1. Captain's Club one category upgrade excludes category 12, FV, SV, C1 and guarantee categories, Z, Y, X, XC, XA, W. This offer cannot be used with certain restricted fares including but not limited to travel agent and employee rates. Upgrades apply for one stateroom per cruise. Stateroom assignments only. Not valid on holiday sailings. Upgrades available from categories 11- A1 on all Celebrity ships except Celebrity Xpedition®. Offer valid for members who are Classic Level or higher at the time of booking.

We just booked 3 cabins on a Celebrity cruise while on the Harmony of the Seas.  One cabin for us, the other 2 for my husband's sisters and their husbands.  We all received the same perks and OBC for booking onboard, as if booked on a Celebrity ship, with one category upgrade for Captain's Club members.  The refundable deposit was $100 per person.

Thank you all for your input.  It seems to be exactly as expected and hoped.  The main things I was hoping for was reduced deposit, some amount of onboard credit, and the ability to book my sister as well.  I am already with Captain's Club and Crown and Anchor, having done a few cruises on each line already. 

Seems to me Transatlantics have risen in price dramatically over just a few years, so I really wish they'd throw in some of the other perks as well.  

Now let's hope the price holds between now and then --or maybe Santa will put down the deposit!

• Like 1