Hotel in Brooklyn

2Oldpeopleinlove

We are points-credit card churners for travel and have enough points to book either the Marriott at the Brooklyn Bridge or the Hampton in the same area the night before our TA. I'm inclined to use the Hilton points at the Hampton since Marriott points have a better transfer ratio for airlines. But if anyone here has experienced either or both and has a strong opinion, please share it?

FWIW in September I stayed at the (Marriott/Starwood brand) Aloft Brooklyn (about 4 blocks from your Marriott), upon arriving from a return Trans-Atlantic voyage on the QM2. I'm quite fond of the Aloft chain, and I could see the ship at Red Hook from my window.Good food choices nearby and lots of convenient shopping for any last-minute articles to take on board (Trader Joe's, Nordstrom Rack, Century 21, Whole Foods and even a Target for sundries) for those embarking from the hotel.
I used Starwood/Marriott points for one night and a reduced rate under US$200 for the other.
Prior to leaving NY two weeks earlier I'd stayed at the upscale W Hotel in Lower Manhattan (about a block from the WTC) for an even greater reduction (US$161/night).
Great experience at both, although each time I parked nearby off-site to reduce parking fees by about US$50/night.

Edited by VintageCCG
clarify a sentence