premaasi

Viking Sun World Cruise 2019

Hey Andy, how about drop me an email at  avery james r (all one word) at g mail dot com.  A question for a Canadian.

J.

Thank you all so much for your stories, photos, and inquiring posts with responses.  I am truly enjoying all segments of this World Cruise.  Very interested in the BA to Santiago segment and would to hear more about the different excursions you took.  You are all so lucky to join a Viking ship on their first rounding of Cape Horn.  More firsts to come also.  Again thanks.  We armchair sailors are truly blessed whenever you take the time share your adventures.

5 hours ago, Jim Avery said:

Hey Andy, how about drop me an email at  avery james r (all one word) at g mail dot com.  A question for a Canadian.

J.

Done

On 2/6/2019 at 1:41 PM, TayanaLorna said:

Thank you all so much for your stories, photos, and inquiring posts with responses.  I am truly enjoying all segments of this World Cruise.  Very interested in the BA to Santiago segment and would to hear more about the different excursions you took.  You are all so lucky to join a Viking ship on their first rounding of Cape Horn.  More firsts to come also.  Again thanks.  We armchair sailors are truly blessed whenever you take the time share your adventures.

We are also quite interested in Buenos Aires to Santiago, as we are taking that itinerary in December.

I have been following your SUN's progress each day on the Marine Traffic web site.  Looks fascinating as you travel through the various straights and fjords.

Since you are all explorers and first "Vikings" to go around the Horn, we'd would be very interested in your thoughts on the Viking tours and also any non-Viking tours/excursions from BA to Santiago.

On 2/2/2019 at 12:19 PM, Little Monty said:

Thank you Segmentersfloatttheboat from me as well. 

We are doing BA - Santiago next year and your reports are really helpful / interesting / enjoyable to read. 

Another thank you Segmentersfloatttheboat !  Love your reports and pictures - and love your moniker, given all the posts on "Segmenters"!   

We are taking the South America Chilean Fjords cruise next December and enjoy learning about the different ports, as well as your experiences sailing through the various straights and fjords!  Keep it going!  We have 10 months to go, but it helps us live vicariously in the meantime!  What a great trip you are on.

🙂

Chile continues to dazzle, as today we docked in Puerto Montt and went into the lake district at the foot of the Andes.

DFF48A8C-3181-4D25-9DD0-E930A404F8BB.jpeg

28DFF0FD-E845-46D5-A600-FD489C733007.jpeg

7D7D4A39-2482-4E35-AB89-6B1454AA5037.jpeg

626B2F42-6067-46F6-9EF1-062E085F3070.jpeg

12 hours ago, SantaFe1 said:

Chile continues to dazzle, as today we docked in Puerto Montt and went into the lake district at the foot of the Andes.

DFF48A8C-3181-4D25-9DD0-E930A404F8BB.jpeg

28DFF0FD-E845-46D5-A600-FD489C733007.jpeg

7D7D4A39-2482-4E35-AB89-6B1454AA5037.jpeg

626B2F42-6067-46F6-9EF1-062E085F3070.jpeg

Was this an included?

No, it was EMERALD LAKE CRUISE, PETROHUÉ FALLS & PUERTO VARAS, 7.5 hours.  (Included tours are nearly always just either a walk or bus ride around the town).

On 2/14/2019 at 8:07 AM, TayanaLorna said:

Just took a look at the Viking Sun Panomax at Robinson Crusoe island.  All I can say is wow!  

Thanks, I have now bookmarked that camera!