Best Beach for the day?

danalea1980

Hi

We will be coming to Barbados in April 2019 for the day. We are arriving on the Summit and wanted to find a nice relaxing beach to swim and catch some rays. Also would like chair rentals. We are traveling with 3 kids ( 9, 10 and 7 and 4 adults) any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Dana

You can't go wrong with Carlisle Bay.  There are many names for the beach but it's long, the sand is soft, and the water is clear and gentle.  The Boatyard is a popular beach bar there and the kids would love the water toys if they like the water.

Pirate's Cove, Harbor Lights and Lobster Alive are other often suggested beach clubs along Carlisle Bay - do some homework on this board, the club's web pages and trip advisor.

You can walk there from the port in about 20-30 min or taxi for about $5 per person each way (The Boatyard includes a cab ride back to the port in your admission fee).

Was just in Barbados a few weeks ago.  We made a reservation at Harbour Lights (you can book and pre-pay on-line).  The rental fee is $20 or $25 and includes 2 lounge chairs, 1 umbrella, wifi, 2 drinks and use of the showers/bathrooms.  There is also a nice patio by the grill.  The beach is lovely and on Carlisle Bay.  Beautiful clear water.  Probably my favorite beach in all the Caribbean.  A shuttle/taxi from the port to Harbour Lights will cost $5 per person, each way.  I've attached a few pictures.

20171215_103541.jpg

20171215_103549.jpg

20171215_114911.jpg

Barbados.jpg

• Like 6

1 hour ago, TXCruiser10 said:

Was just in Barbados a few weeks ago.  We made a reservation at Harbour Lights (you can book and pre-pay on-line).  The rental fee is $20 or $25 and includes 2 lounge chairs, 1 umbrella, wifi, 2 drinks and use of the showers/bathrooms.  There is also a nice patio by the grill.  The beach is lovely and on Carlisle Bay.  Beautiful clear water.  Probably my favorite beach in all the Caribbean.  A shuttle/taxi from the port to Harbour Lights will cost $5 per person, each way.  I've attached a few pictures.

Great pictures!   A few questions:  Were there any water toys available to rent?  Did they offer a turtle swim?  Did you find it crowded? 

@helensobol At this particular venue, there were no "toys" to rent but I do think there were water toys at other venues.  Harbour Lights has a great website so you could google them and check out what they do offer.  Yes, they offer a turtle swim.  It is an option in the package you purchase.  While there were a lot of people, I didn't find it crowded as the beach area is quite large.  

10 hours ago, Ozzmund said:

Here is a vote for Harbour Lights. We have also been to the Boatyard but found it just a bit crowded.

I hear you, but I want the water toys that the boatyard offers. Hopefully it won't be that crowded.

56 minutes ago, cathi007 said:

I hear you, but I want the water toys that the boatyard offers. Hopefully it won't be that crowded.

Cathi,

You and yours will enjoy the Boathouse. Don't be surprised if you see many crew members from your ship as that beach is a favorite for cruise ship crews.

• Like 1

Just saying it's Boatyard ,,, not Boathouse.  

Yes, in the bar area we saw one of the two doctors, the CD, and several other officers from our ship there who recognized us and ask us to have a drink with them.

Boatyard is a fun and easy place to spend the day.  :classic_cool:

• Like 1

On 12/24/2018 at 10:02 AM, sft429 said:

You can't go wrong with Carlisle Bay. 

There are many names for the beach but it's long, the sand is soft,

and the water is clear and gentle. 

Carlisle Bay looks like this, most days

unless a North Swell is coming down at the island

in which case it gets a bit stirred-up....

The first shot

is the section of the beach where you'll most likely be camped out.

The shot with the richer turquoise color

is beyond the hotel pier, getting close to HILTON (seen in the distance).

CarlisleBay11a.jpg

DiveBoat-356.jpg

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Aplmac said:

Carlisle Bay looks like this, most days

unless a North Swell is coming down at the island

in which case it gets a bit stirred-up....

The first shot

is the section of the beach where you'll most likely be camped out.

The shot with the richer turquoise color

is beyond the hotel pier, getting close to HILTON (seen in the distance).

CarlisleBay11a.jpg

DiveBoat-356.jpg

OMG I love those photos!!! I can't wait, thanks for sharing

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/24/2018 at 9:17 AM, JohninDC said:

Pirate's Cove, Harbor Lights and Lobster Alive are other often suggested beach clubs along Carlisle Bay - do some homework on this board, the club's web pages and trip advisor.

You can walk there from the port in about 20-30 min or taxi for about $5 per person each way (The Boatyard includes a cab ride back to the port in your admission fee).

56 minutes ago, beshears said:

What is the fee to enter the Boatyard?  You say they pay for the Taxi ride back to the port, correct?

Check the website for their latest deal - should be about $15-20 per person for admission, chair and umbrella rental, boat ride to swim with the turtles, ride back to the port and a free drink. 😎

• Like 1

It just dawned on me to ask another question about the Boatyard in Barbados.

Are the lounge chairs and umbrella out on the sand, and we just walk to them, after paying, and they just let us pick out where we want to go?

3 hours ago, beshears said:

It just dawned on me to ask another question about the Boatyard in Barbados.

Are the lounge chairs and umbrella out on the sand, and we just walk to them, after paying, and they just let us pick out where we want to go?

Yes - first come, first choice.