Cruise Critic Community
chevytrkr

NEW Carnival Mardi Gras Inaugural Cruise, October 16, 2020

Well, wanted to be the first to start a rollcall to destination unknown and date unknown.  So looking forward to cruising on the beautiful Carnival Mardi Gras in 2020.  I don’t care where it’s going or when, but I informed my Cruise Planner that I want to be on that cruise.  So as news of this new ship continues to be posted by CCL, I hope more of you will join me in welcoming this new ship to Cruise Critic Roll Call.  Hopefully we don’t have to wait too long to begin planning our mystery cruise.  

Rich

On 12/24/2018 at 9:10 AM, chevytrkr said:

Well, wanted to be the first to start a rollcall to destination unknown and date unknown.  So looking forward to cruising on the beautiful Carnival Mardi Gras in 2020.  I don’t care where it’s going or when, but I informed my Cruise Planner that I want to be on that cruise.  So as news of this new ship continues to be posted by CCL, I hope more of you will join me in welcoming this new ship to Cruise Critic Roll Call.  Hopefully we don’t have to wait too long to begin planning our mystery cruise.  

Rich

Good afternoon Rich & Anne. We too are looking at this cruise when the info comes out, around the end of Jan. we have heard. Our PVP will let us know. A lot of switching of some cruises to make room for this one. Looking at the inagural cruise from Port Canaveral.

17 hours ago, alfthecruiser_1 said:

Good afternoon Rich & Anne. We too are looking at this cruise when the info comes out, around the end of Jan. we have heard. Our PVP will let us know. A lot of switching of some cruises to make room for this one. Looking at the inagural cruise from Port Canaveral.

I haven’t heard anything from my PVP, so whenever you hear more news, please post it.  Looking forward to hearing more about this ship.  There was an article in the news recently about the roller coaster, but they were showing a Freedom class ship and no pictures of the Mardi Gras.  I’m sure it will be a while before any photos of the ship are available.

On 1/27/2019 at 5:01 AM, chevytrkr said:

I haven’t heard anything from my PVP, so whenever you hear more news, please post it.  Looking forward to hearing more about this ship.  There was an article in the news recently about the roller coaster, but they were showing a Freedom class ship and no pictures of the Mardi Gras.  I’m sure it will be a while before any photos of the ship are available.

Have you been reading the main Carnival Board? Several photos of the ship were released. Also, another travel agent website leaked deck plans, but they were removed. Somebody saved a google doc of them.

47 minutes ago, crzndeb said:

Have you been reading the main Carnival Board? Several photos of the ship were released. Also, another travel agent website leaked deck plans, but they were removed. Somebody saved a google doc of them.

Just checked the Carnival website and found the information about the zones.  Going to be a beautiful ship.  Can’t wait until the 30th when we can start booking.

Found the Google doc of the ship deck plans.  Not sure if I’m allowed to post the link.  Google search “ CARVIVAL MARDIS GRAS Preview: Video, Pics, Deck Plans, Things to discuss......”.  Go to page two and scroll down.  

Was sweating it out hoping the Havana interiors wouldn't sell out before I could get online to book. Made it with a few to spare, and now I can hardly wait for this one!

This rollcall is for the inaugural cruise from Port Canaveral.  Sorry if I confused anyone.  First cruise is October 16, so this rollcall will be for that cruise only.  Booked my cabin this morning.  Going to Grand Turk finally.  Also goes to Amber Cove, RD, then to St. Thomas and to San Juan.  

Rich

We are booked, who will be joining us for the inaugural sailing from Port Canaveral? We booked a Havana Cabana, although I am not as thrilled with the way this Havana area looks compared to the Vista class. Who knows though, there may be some suprises we don't know about yet. It will be myself (32), my husband Chris (36), my mother (49) and possibly my father (51) sailing. If Dad doesn't come along (he is going on his first cruise this year and isn't sure if he will like it or not) then we will have either my aunt or a friend go along in his place. We will all be driving down from NC.

Anyway, let's get this party started! Who's coming along?

We booked last night, We have one of the "hump balcony" cabins on deck 14.

I am Ed and my wife is Kristina, we will be joined by at least one friend, he booked the inside cabin directly across the hall from us.

We are inviting all our friends to join us, the last time we all cruised together there was over 20 of us.

We're booked for a Spa Balcony on 17.  The Spa Cove Balconies are going fast! We'll be taking a week to road trip from Fort Worth, stopping for a night or 2 in NOLA, then visiting family and friends on the Florida Gulf Coast, over to Fort Lauderdale for more friend-time, then up the Atlantic Coast to Port Canaveral.

1 hour ago, ecarbine said:

We booked last night, We have one of the "hump balcony" cabins on deck 14.

I am Ed and my wife is Kristina, we will be joined by at least one friend, he booked the inside cabin directly across the hall from us.

We are inviting all our friends to join us, the last time we all cruised together there was over 20 of us.

Those hump balconies look pretty awesome! If we are truly disappointed in the Havana area on this ship we will know for future sailings on this class to book one of those.

That's awesome to cruise with so many friends! The most we have sailed with was 6, and it just brought a whole new awesome, fun vibe to the trip.

1 hour ago, tntinftw said:

We're booked for a Spa Balcony on 17.  The Spa Cove Balconies are going fast! We'll be taking a week to road trip from Fort Worth, stopping for a night or 2 in NOLA, then visiting family and friends on the Florida Gulf Coast, over to Fort Lauderdale for more friend-time, then up the Atlantic Coast to Port Canaveral.

Road trip! NOLA is so much fun, we were there for the first time last year and have 2 more trips there this year! I love the vibe of the city.

See y'all onboard!

What is a bump balcony. Looking to book tonight any room location suggestions. Family of 3 with 9yr old.

Had the title changed to reflect the date of this inaugural cruise from Port Canaveral.  When I started this rollcall back in December, there were no dates available for this cruise.  Another rollcall has been added recently, so now you have two places to post comments for this cruise.  

Rich

Hello!

i didn’t realize there was a roll call already created for this date back in December, so I had created the other one. Maybe they can merge the 2 threads. 

4 hours ago, comcry said:

What is a bump balcony. Looking to book tonight any room location suggestions. Family of 3 with 9yr old.

They are on the sides of the ship where it juts outward...that’s the best way I can describe it. Lol.

18 hours ago, pirate4me2 said:

We are booked, who will be joining us for the inaugural sailing from Port Canaveral? We booked a Havana Cabana, although I am not as thrilled with the way this Havana area looks compared to the Vista class. Who knows though, there may be some suprises we don't know about yet. It will be myself (32), my husband Chris (36), my mother (49) and possibly my father (51) sailing. If Dad doesn't come along (he is going on his first cruise this year and isn't sure if he will like it or not) then we will have either my aunt or a friend go along in his place. We will all be driving down from NC.

Anyway, let's get this party started! Who's coming along?

We are coming from N.C. as well and are booked on this cruise. We booked the Havana suite for this trip. Definitely looking forward to this cruise.

Bo

What date is the inaugural sailing from port Canaveral? We booked but I do not think it's the same date!! Getting excited!! Ship layout is so different than I'm use to!  Only 600+ days to go! Lol

11 hours ago, pirate4me2 said:

Hello!

i didn’t realize there was a roll call already created for this date back in December, so I had created the other one. Maybe they can merge the 2 threads. 

I will ask the help desk if that is possible.

We are booked on this cruise as well. We have one of the hump cabins on Deck 11 (11358). Looking forward to this cruise! Since we like taking 3 to 4 week vacations we will be booking another cruise before or after this one. Decided against a B2B on the Mardi Gras because the ports repeated. :classic_biggrin:

1 hour ago, comcry said:

What date is the inaugural sailing from port Canaveral? We booked but I do not think it's the same date!! Getting excited!! Ship layout is so different than I'm use to!  Only 600+ days to go! Lol

The 8 day cruise from Port Canaveral on 10/16/20 is the first cruise from there. :classic_cool:

Edited by Jamman54

Lol thank you. I just saw the title of the thread. Duh! Have a fabulous trip (eventually) everyone.

Just now, comcry said:

Lol thank you. I just saw the title of the thread. Duh! Have a fabulous trip (eventually) everyone.

No problem! It's early! :classic_biggrin: