Cruise Critic Community
chevytrkr

NEW Carnival Mardi Gras Inaugural Cruise, October 16, 2020

19 hours ago, pirate4me2 said:

We are booked, who will be joining us for the inaugural sailing from Port Canaveral? We booked a Havana Cabana, although I am not as thrilled with the way this Havana area looks compared to the Vista class. Who knows though, there may be some suprises we don't know about yet. It will be myself (32), my husband Chris (36), my mother (49) and possibly my father (51) sailing. If Dad doesn't come along (he is going on his first cruise this year and isn't sure if he will like it or not) then we will have either my aunt or a friend go along in his place. We will all be driving down from NC.

Anyway, let's get this party started! Who's coming along?

Hey! Sailing with you two years in a row now. This is getting to be a habit!! :classic_biggrin:

From the itineraries posted, it appears this will be the only cruise going to St. Thomas.   Maybe this time I’ll be able to go to Megan’s Cove.  Already visited San Juan and Amber Cove.  Still a little time to plan my excursions.

Didn't realize that the title of this thread had changed. We are booked on this cruise as well. We have one of the hump cabins on Deck 11 (11358). Looking forward to this cruise! Since we like taking 3 to 4 week vacations we will be booking another cruise before or after this one. Decided against a B2B on the Mardi Gras because the ports repeated.

1 hour ago, Jamman54 said:

Didn't realize that the title of this thread had changed. We are booked on this cruise as well. We have one of the hump cabins on Deck 11 (11358). Looking forward to this cruise! Since we like taking 3 to 4 week vacations we will be booking another cruise before or after this one. Decided against a B2B on the Mardi Gras because the ports repeated.

We’re on the starboard side one deck above in 12289.  I wanted that corner cabin, but it is for more than two people so I couldn’t book it.  Would have liked to do the 15 day cruise from New York, but we just did a cruise down there and the wife didn’t want to do it again.

Edited by chevytrkr

7 hours ago, Jamman54 said:

Hey! Sailing with you two years in a row now. This is getting to be a habit!! :classic_biggrin:

Haha this is true, we have to make sure we meet up on the Sunrise for sure now!! 

Hi............Looking forward to cruising on this ship! Booked an inside cabin and already the price has already gone up.

Hello, just booked yesterday. Went with a Premium Interior. My PVP told me the interior rooms are smaller on the Mardi Gras, but the Premium Interiors are larger. Anyways...3 of us from Indiana.

Booked this on 1/30/19. 3 of us from Indiana. Booked a Premium Inside Cabin on deck 11. 

On 1/30/2019 at 6:38 PM, pirate4me2 said:

Hello!

i didn’t realize there was a roll call already created for this date back in December, so I had created the other one. Maybe they can merge the 2 threads. 

Pirate, as you can see, both rollcalls have been merged.  The help desk said they merge into the older rollcall.

Rich

14 hours ago, comcry said:

What date is the inaugural sailing from port Canaveral? We booked but I do not think it's the same date!! Getting excited!! Ship layout is so different than I'm use to!  Only 600+ days to go! Lol

First cruise is October 16, 2020.  Hopefully that’s the date you booked.  If so, you’re on the right rollcall.  Welcome.

Hello everyone! Booked this cruise on opening night. I'm sailing solo and booked a new cabin category, 'junior balcony'. They're now all sold out of this category for this sailing already! Prices for this date have increased too, glad I booked early. 

Look forward to chatting and getting to know everyone. 

5 hours ago, Niquein99 said:

Hello everyone! Booked this cruise on opening night. I'm sailing solo and booked a new cabin category, 'junior balcony'. They're now all sold out of this category for this sailing already! Prices for this date have increased too, glad I booked early. 

Look forward to chatting and getting to know everyone. 

Welcome to the rollcal, Monique.  Yes, the prices went up because the first two days was for the promotional booking.  Prices were reasonable and the OBC was an added bonus.  This cruise will probably sell quickly since it’s the first cruise from it’s new home port, plus it’s an eight day cruise rather than the normal seven day after ours.  Where are the junior balcony cabins located?  It’s hard to read the deck plans but hopefully a better set of diagrams will be posted later.  Looks like you’re an RCI cruiser.   Never sailed on Royal Caribbean myself, but want to try one of the mega ships soon.  

Rich

Happy Groundhog Day.  Pennsylvania has Phil, Louisiana has Pierre the nutria, which is a large rat like rodent found in the swamps and bayous down here.  Hopefully the outcome will be the end of winter, and not six more weeks.  Ready for sunshine and warmer weather.

The Inaugural cruise of the Mardi Gras is on August 31, 2020 and leaves out of Copenhagen.  This page is for the FIRST trip out of Port Canaveral.  Just sayin'.

Booked yesterday . Trying on of the junior balconies.

1 hour ago, comptix said:

The Inaugural cruise of the Mardi Gras is on August 31, 2020 and leaves out of Copenhagen.  This page is for the FIRST trip out of Port Canaveral.  Just sayin'.

It’s the inaugural cruise out of Port Canaveral.  Just saying.

We booked on Jan 31st. Super excited.  Two rooms, a cove balcony and an interior for our boys across from us. 
Our boys have no idea we have booked it.  They saw the pictures and are dying to go because of the coaster.  It will be a great surprise for them!! Traveling from East TN.  Looking forward to meeting everyone.

4 hours ago, blissfulgirl said:

We booked on Jan 31st. Super excited.  Two rooms, a cove balcony and an interior for our boys across from us. 
Our boys have no idea we have booked it.  They saw the pictures and are dying to go because of the coaster.  It will be a great surprise for them!! Traveling from East TN.  Looking forward to meeting everyone.

Welcome aboard, neighbor. We are from Western NC. 

On 2/4/2019 at 2:22 PM, blissfulgirl said:

What a wonderful surprise this will be.  They are going to have a great time on that coaster.  I plan to ride it also.  My wife, not so much.  Now you have a long time to keep this a secret.  

Rich 

Just popping in to say hello, and happy Valentine's Day. I saw they mentioned a couple awesome things about the Mardi Gras, all the balcony doors will be SLIDING doors....no more loud slamming doors, hooray! Also instead of shower curtains, all the showers will have doors now. I'm loving these changes! :classic_love:

Well gang, we decided to switch from this cruise to the 15 day New York to Port Canaveral Journeys cruise. I was able to snag the same hump balcony (11358) that I had booked for this cruise. Didn't think that would be possible since the 8J's & 8 K's don't show on the website, but my PVP said it was available. We will take good care of the ship as we bring it down to you guys in Pt. Canaveral.:classic_biggrin:

Ahhhh Jeff,  I’m envious of you with that cruise, it looks FANTASTIC. If I could manage that amount if time off work I’d hop on it. I can’t wait to read that review!

10 hours ago, pirate4me2 said:

Ahhhh Jeff,  I’m envious of you with that cruise, it looks FANTASTIC. If I could manage that amount if time off work I’d hop on it. I can’t wait to read that review!

The review should be an epic one. Patti is thrilled to have something new and different to photograph. See you on the Sunrise! :classic_biggrin:

Thought I would pop in to get this rollcall active again.  Been pretty quiet.  Returned yesterday from our Hawaii vacation.  Pretty wet over there.  Lots of rain.  Problem with landslides and flooding.  But it’s Hawaii.  How can you complain.  Anyway, hope the weather in your area is better.  Winter still has a grip up north I see.  Just think about cruising and you’ll feel better.  Well, looks like a day of yard work for me.  Enjoy your weekend everyone.