Cruise Critic Community
chevytrkr

NEW Carnival Mardi Gras Inaugural Cruise, October 16, 2020

Well we ended up switching cruises as well. We will be sailing the Horizon Sept 19, 2020 instead, Dad liked the Havana area on the Vista class ships better. I agree that it looks nicer, I just don’t know about the Mardi Gras Havana. I hope you all have a fantastic cruise, and say hi to Topher in Grand Turk for me! Tell him I will be there in December to see him and Calypso. 🙂 

Hello all!!! We booked this cruise last week, and decided to make it our Annual Family and Friends Cruise for 2020. There's usually between 24-80 of us on our F&F cruises, but since the Mardi Gras Inaugural cruise falls outside of our normal sailing dates at the end of August, this one will be a wild card for attendees. The host's for the cruise are all from Central Florida, with the remainder of those booked so far coming from the PA, NJ, NY, GA, VA, and South Florida areas. It seems as if this cruise is so far away, but I'm sure the time will go by quickly with planning, researching, and going over all the new information that Carnival or John Heald posts online or in the news. That's it for now. Time to go and read all the posts and threads to catch up.  

11 hours ago, sjcruiser said:

Hello all!!! We booked this cruise last week, and decided to make it our Annual Family and Friends Cruise for 2020. There's usually between 24-80 of us on our F&F cruises, but since the Mardi Gras Inaugural cruise falls outside of our normal sailing dates at the end of August, this one will be a wild card for attendees. The host's for the cruise are all from Central Florida, with the remainder of those booked so far coming from the PA, NJ, NY, GA, VA, and South Florida areas. It seems as if this cruise is so far away, but I'm sure the time will go by quickly with planning, researching, and going over all the new information that Carnival or John Heald posts online or in the news. That's it for now. Time to go and read all the posts and threads to catch up.  

Welcome to the rollcall.  Looks like party time for you and your F&F.  Should be a great cruise.

Rich

Another Mardi Gras season has come and gone here in Louisiana.  Yesterday, Fat Tuesday, saw the last of the parades and festivities.  Our little city had a very nice parade, and we were able to collect a good number of beads and throws.  Hope some of you were able to celebrate Mardi Gras in your area.  I may have to wear some beads when we board the Mardi Gras next year.  

Rich

3 hours ago, Clairescurtains said:

Hello everyone, we are booked on this one as well.

Welcome to the rollcall.  Hope to hear from you again on this rollcall.

Rich

7 hours ago, GidgetGirl said:

We just booked!

Welcome.  Visit the rollcall periodically to catch up on posts, and to get more information as we get closer to our sail date.  It’s a long way off, but the days will fly by.

On 2/26/2019 at 9:36 AM, chevytrkr said:

Welcome to the rollcall.  Looks like party time for you and your F&F.  Should be a great cruise.

Rich

Thanks Rich. It should be a great time for everyone onboard. Hopefully John Heald will be on the ship as well (rumors). I'm looking forward the trying out the Emeril Lagasse restaurant onboard. Since my last post we've had a lot of interest in the sailing from quite a few new cruisers, and new friends that have heard about our group or the cruise from other family members and friends. Right now, we're just looking to get the word out to promote the cruise, and get everyone booked. Booking this far out gives everyone plenty of time to get the cruise paid off, and take care of other travel arrangements. We'll start planning out group activities once the beginning of the year gets here. We really don't bog people down with too much preplanned stuff. We usually have a meet and greet, t-shirt day, and a white night. For this cruise it'll probably be a MG theme!! I'm looking forward to visiting all the ports, even though we've been a few before. I think I'm more interested in the ship, and seeing how much different it'll be from our previous sailings, with the Vista being the newest ship we've been on. After hearing about the MG, I decided to skip the Horizon and Panorama!!!! 

12 hours ago, sjcruiser said:

Thanks Rich. It should be a great time for everyone onboard. Hopefully John Heald will be on the ship as well (rumors). I'm looking forward the trying out the Emeril Lagasse restaurant onboard. Since my last post we've had a lot of interest in the sailing from quite a few new cruisers, and new friends that have heard about our group or the cruise from other family members and friends. Right now, we're just looking to get the word out to promote the cruise, and get everyone booked. Booking this far out gives everyone plenty of time to get the cruise paid off, and take care of other travel arrangements. We'll start planning out group activities once the beginning of the year gets here. We really don't bog people down with too much preplanned stuff. We usually have a meet and greet, t-shirt day, and a white night. For this cruise it'll probably be a MG theme!! I'm looking forward to visiting all the ports, even though we've been a few before. I think I'm more interested in the ship, and seeing how much different it'll be from our previous sailings, with the Vista being the newest ship we've been on. After hearing about the MG, I decided to skip the Horizon and Panorama!!!! 

Must confess, I didn’t know who John Heald was.  Had to look him up.  I don’t have FB or follow tweets or blogs, except for CC.  It would be nice to have him aboard and read his review of the cruise.  I too want to try Emeril’s restaurant and that French Quarter area.  Going to be a lot of places to explore.

I would like like to do the Vista or the Horizon one day.  But with all the new ships coming out, it’s hard to choose.  I have two on Norwegian and one on Princess this year.  Hopefully next year I can do more on Carnival, if Mama let’s me.  Party on!

Rich

On 3/20/2019 at 8:18 AM, chevytrkr said:

Must confess, I didn’t know who John Heald was.  Had to look him up.  I don’t have FB or follow tweets or blogs, except for CC.  It would be nice to have him aboard and read his review of the cruise.  I too want to try Emeril’s restaurant and that French Quarter area.  Going to be a lot of places to explore.

I would like like to do the Vista or the Horizon one day.  But with all the new ships coming out, it’s hard to choose.  I have two on Norwegian and one on Princess this year.  Hopefully next year I can do more on Carnival, if Mama let’s me.  Party on!

Rich

John Heald is the person to know, or the name to know to get things done. He's helped me out, along with groups that we've had onboard with rooms for meet and greets, celebrating special occasions, etc. I agree, with new concept and layout of the MG, sea days are probably going to be spent exploring the ship. Vista is a great ship!!! We sailed on her last December. I have a few cruises booked before this one on Royal (will be my Platinum with them) and another Carnival cruise. We're looking to do NCL, MSC, and Princess, but want to try MSC first.

Pembroke (aka Ken)

On 3/13/2019 at 9:20 PM, GidgetGirl said:

We just booked!

Are you close to Philadelphia?  Only visited that area but worked a while in Harrisburg.

213693391_42549795_10217219703827616_7634355032074223616_n(2).jpg.715b97e9d9c5b85091e8b132f1032bdb.jpgWe are also on this cruise I am Joe And my partner is Anthony. We will be scootering the ship together

18 hours ago, joemill1940 said:

213693391_42549795_10217219703827616_7634355032074223616_n(2).jpg.715b97e9d9c5b85091e8b132f1032bdb.jpgWe are also on this cruise I am Joe And my partner is Anthony. We will be scootering the ship together

Welcome to the rollcall.  Start charging those batteries.  It’s a big ship.

Rich 

Happy Sunday everyone. I hope there were no problems as a result of the recent storm season. We had lots of rain but nothing serious last night.

Hope everyone has a lovely week ahead.

19 hours ago, Clairescurtains said:

Happy Sunday everyone. I hope there were no problems as a result of the recent storm season. We had lots of rain but nothing serious last night.

Hope everyone has a lovely week ahead.

Looking at your signature, it appears you’re a fan of Carnival cruises.  You’ve probably sailed out of Mobile a time or two.  As for the weather, I don’t know if the rain will ever go away.  I was glad to see it didn’t impact the Masters at Augusta yesterday.  Great final match.  Happy to see Tiger get another major win, and green jacket.  Looks like Easter weekend will be rain free.  

Rich 

Our rain has stopped for a couple of days, thankfully.

We have only sailed from Mobile once, that is a nice port but the ship is not a favorite and only does short sailings.

We are fans of longer cruises and going when school is in session to minimize the number of kids onboard. It is not that I don't like kids, just don't like the fact that parents tend to turn them loose onboard.🙄

We also do seem to prefer CCL, it has gotten to be a good habit.😁

We have also sailed from N.O. a couple of times and would have another but Katrina put the kybosh on that so we substituted sailing from Houston that time. 

We like to cruise places other than the Caribbean since we have our own lovely beach within a 4 hours drive. 

On 3/21/2019 at 8:14 AM, sjcruiser said:

John Heald is the person to know, or the name to know to get things done. He's helped me out, along with groups that we've had onboard with rooms for meet and greets, celebrating special occasions, etc. I agree, with new concept and layout of the MG, sea days are probably going to be spent exploring the ship. Vista is a great ship!!! We sailed on her last December. I have a few cruises booked before this one on Royal (will be my Platinum with them) and another Carnival cruise. We're looking to do NCL, MSC, and Princess, but want to try MSC first.

Pembroke (aka Ken)

Hello all, we’re booked on a spa room, we really like the thalasso pool ... we were just on the Vista last month and while the ship is nice we are really disappointed with the crew, from the afternoon games to guest services addressing some accommodations issues, the attitude in general was not what we’ve grown accustomed at Carnival, it’s like none of them wanted to be there. 

Hey !!:classic_biggrin:

My Wife and I, along with 4,000 new friends are on the Oct 31 Halloween Cruise.   

So try not to break anything before we get on the ship.. :classic_laugh:

P.S.  Leave some food for us ...:classic_wink:

2 hours ago, DD474 said:

Hey !!:classic_biggrin:

My Wife and I, along with 4,000 new friends are on the Oct 31 Halloween Cruise.   

So try not to break anything before we get on the ship.. :classic_laugh:

P.S.  Leave some food for us ...:classic_wink:

Have no fears there will be enough for you and your wife and everyone that goes on your cruise. We went on a Helloween cruise last year had A ball.

On 4/4/2019 at 12:11 PM, chevytrkr said:

Welcome to the rollcall.  Start charging those batteries.  It’s a big ship.

Rich 

Haha, They sure will be all charged up by then.

Your thread is kind of lively (Oct 16th) 

Our thread is very quiet (October 31- Halloween)

So I assume people will be dressing up for Halloween.  I'm going as an Iceberg.

P.S. I told Donna being this a new ship, you guys promised not to break anything.

otherwise, this is why we can't have new things.

On 4/18/2019 at 5:08 PM, DD474 said:

Your thread is kind of lively (Oct 16th) 

Our thread is very quiet (October 31- Halloween)

So I assume people will be dressing up for Halloween.  I'm going as an Iceberg.

P.S. I told Donna being this a new ship, you guys promised not to break anything.

otherwise, this is why we can't have new things.

An iceberg?  Probably not the lettuce variety.  That will be an interesting costume.  

Posted (edited)

We cruised on Halloween several years ago and there were lots of folks dressed. I can't remember any of the costumes but wondered where all that stuff had been packed.

That was the cruise where a young lady at the next table in the dining room wore elaborate hats each evening at dinner. A tablemate asked her about them and she said she had a suitcase just for her hats.😲😁  

Edited by Clairescurtains