Cruise Critic Community
chevytrkr

NEW Carnival Mardi Gras Inaugural Cruise, October 16, 2020

2 hours ago, DD474 said:

BOLT: Ultimate Sea Coaster

Mardi Gras is charging for this ride! :classic_ohmy:

Cost: Additional :classic_sad:

I thought they might.  I think RCI charges to ride on the gondola on the Anthem of the Seas.  The problem is going to be standing in line to ride that thing.  Think it’s worth it however.

21 hours ago, Clairescurtains said:

No problem, I won't be in that line.

🤣

I’ll have to watch it a few times before deciding if I really want to ride it.  I’m not one who enjoys these rides, but since this one doesn’t have steep drops and loops, I may give it a shot, if the seas are calm.  We’ll see.

Also it is just like the bikes on the Vista? You have control over how fast you go.

12 minutes ago, topdog11 said:

Also it is just like the bikes on the Vista? You have control over how fast you go.

Really?  That’s interesting.  

5 hours ago, topdog11 said:

Hey Topdog, where in Alabama are you? You might can tell we are in Pelham

On 5/23/2019 at 12:04 PM, Clairescurtains said:

Hey Topdog, where in Alabama are you? You might can tell we are in Pelham

We're just down the road in Millbrook.

Posted (edited)

Not far at all.

Are you flying to Port Canaveral or driving? I want to convince DH that driving is the best idea.

Edited by Clairescurtains

10 minutes ago, Clairescurtains said:

Not far at all.

Are you flying to Port Canaveral or driving? I want to convince DH that driving is the best idea.

Not this time. We're leaving out of Montgomery. Hitting up friends to drive us to the airport.

Just returned from my long RV trip to Myrtle Beach and Charleston.  Stopped at Gatlinburg on the way.  Learned you should stay away from Gatlinburg on  Memorial Day weekend.  So much traffic, so many people.  Loved Charleston.  Second time there.  Our 2400 mile journey is history now, so time to concentrate on upcoming cruises.  Hope everyone has a wonderful summer.  In remembrance of D-Day, and the sacrifice of so many young men, take time today to reflect on our freedom that their sacrifice and the sacrifice of all our fallen heroes has allowed us to enjoy.

Clairescurtains, you know I went stupid there. We will be driving to Port Canaveral. My DH and I have a cruise out of San Diego in February, and I just got off a group talking about that cruise. My sister and I will be going on this one. Will drive in the night before. Haven't found a hotel yet that is taking reservations, but are looking at the Hilton Oceanfront Cocoa Beach. It looks like it has free parking and transportation to and from the port. Reservations open in October 2019.

Posted (edited)

We've gone 4 months without a championship. :classic_ohmy:

bruinsfront.jpg

Edited by DD474

Donna and I got an Excel Corner Suite for the Oct 31th cruise.

(So you guys are before us and promised not to break anything before we get on after you)

I was hoping you guys can help with a few questions.

1) How does the "Priority check-in and express boarding" work? 

2) Does anyone know how "Complimentary laundry service" works ?

or why we need "Complimentary room service" ? doesn't that normally come with your room? 

3) Does anyone know how the " Dedicated concierge phone line" work ? for dinner or Loft 19?

4) How does the Complimentary access to Loft 19 and the Priority cabana reservations at Loft 19 going to work?

(Do the other passenger's have to pay to access loft 19? or do we get a discount for the cabana's ?)

On 6/7/2019 at 12:24 PM, DD474 said:

We've gone 4 months without a championship. :classic_ohmy:

bruinsfront.jpg

Sorry for my ignorance, but what team is that.  I’m assuming it’s a Boston team since you are from Massachusetts.

5 hours ago, chevytrkr said:

Sorry for my ignorance, but what team is that.  I’m assuming it’s a Boston team since you are from Massachusetts.

Correct. Big 

5 hours ago, chevytrkr said:

Correct. Bruins.  We got a big game Wednesday night.  It's for all the marbles.   If we loose, I'll be crying in my cheerios Thursday morning. 

Posted (edited)
On 6/10/2019 at 11:42 AM, DD474 said:

Correct. Big 

Correct. Bruins.  We got a big game Wednesday night.  It's for all the marbles.   If we loose, I'll be crying in my cheerios Thursday morning. 

Well, I hope you don’t have Cheerios this morning.  Sorry your team didn’t win.  At least they made it to the finals.  

Edited by chevytrkr
Edit

1 hour ago, chevytrkr said:

Well, I hope you don’t have Cheerios this morning.  Sorry your team didn’t win.  At least they made it to the finals.  

I was in the city last night.  I actually work in Boston.   The better team won.  We're not uses to loosing.  It's a new feeling for Boston.  It's a quiet morning in Mudville.  Now I really need a Cruise!

I can't  wait until  next year when I received  about email  about the new  ship. I couldn't  wait had to book my room as the suite were going fast can't  wait 

19 hours ago, Lovemom09 said:

I can't  wait until  next year when I received  about email  about the new  ship. I couldn't  wait had to book my room as the suite were going fast can't  wait 

I think we all share your enthusiasm.  I’m always excited about my next upcoming cruise, but the Mardi Gras will be special.  Although it’s a long ways off, I’m already looking at hotels.  After the cruise we’ll be spending a few days down in Key West.  Love the flexibility that retirement allows me.  

Posted (edited)

I had no idea that the ship was so far from completion till I just saw a post. I sure hope it is still on track for their sailing dates.

Edited by topdog11
Spelling

17 minutes ago, topdog11 said:

I had no idea that the ship was so far from completion till I just saw a post. I sure hope it is still on track for their sailing dates.

Surprising how fast they can put these ships together after they get all the pieces built.  Like watching a video game.  I'll start getting worried if it's not completed by October 1, 2020.

Carnival Cruise Line unveiled several exciting new food and beverage concepts aboard its highly anticipated Mardi Gras, set to debut in 2020, along with further details on the extensive offerings available within the ship's Lido and Summer Landing zones.

The new, only-on-Mardi Gras dining and bar spots in the two themed zones include Street Eats, RedFrog Tiki Bar and The Watering Hole, among many other popular branded outlets and a Big Chicken restaurant by Carnival's Chief Fun Officer Shaquille O'Neal:classic_biggrin:

These venues – which were previewed at an event yesterday (June 17th) in New York featuring an appearance by O'Neal – can be viewed in a new virtual tour here: https://youtu.be/8g8P5kBMqSs  :classic_tongue: 

1.jpg

12 hours ago, topdog11 said:

It'll be completed on time. From the coin ceremony posted on the John Heald and Carnival Facebook pages you could see that the ship is built into sections or blocks that are connected together. There were more sections being added right after the ceremony. 

7 hours ago, DD474 said:

Carnival Cruise Line unveiled several exciting new food and beverage concepts aboard its highly anticipated Mardi Gras, set to debut in 2020, along with further details on the extensive offerings available within the ship's Lido and Summer Landing zones.

The new, only-on-Mardi Gras dining and bar spots in the two themed zones include Street Eats, RedFrog Tiki Bar and The Watering Hole, among many other popular branded outlets and a Big Chicken restaurant by Carnival's Chief Fun Officer Shaquille O'Neal:classic_biggrin:

These venues – which were previewed at an event yesterday (June 17th) in New York featuring an appearance by O'Neal – can be viewed in a new virtual tour here: https://youtu.be/8g8P5kBMqSs  :classic_tongue: 

1.jpg

When I saw this today, I remembered wondering onboard why they didn't add a second level to the Red Frog Bar or Blue Iguana Tequila Bar on the Lido Decks similar to what's shown. Most of them are tucked into corners on the Lido, and would only take minimal viewing space away from those viewing the large screens on the next level up from the Lido. Great concept, along with the other eateries shown today. I can't wait to get onboard!!!