Cruise Critic Community
chevytrkr

NEW Carnival Mardi Gras Inaugural Cruise, October 16, 2020

On 6/7/2019 at 3:10 PM, DD474 said:

Donna and I got an Excel Corner Suite for the Oct 31th cruise.

(So you guys are before us and promised not to break anything before we get on after you)

I was hoping you guys can help with a few questions.

1) How does the "Priority check-in and express boarding" work? 

2) Does anyone know how "Complimentary laundry service" works ?

or why we need "Complimentary room service" ? doesn't that normally come with your room? 

3) Does anyone know how the " Dedicated concierge phone line" work ? for dinner or Loft 19?

4) How does the Complimentary access to Loft 19 and the Priority cabana reservations at Loft 19 going to work?

(Do the other passenger's have to pay to access loft 19? or do we get a discount for the cabana's ?)

Nice!!! Congrats on the Excel Suite.

For Priority Check-in, there should be signage and personnel stationed around the terminal check in area directing you to the specific lines or the priority boarding lounge/area. 

For Complimentary Laundry service, as Platinum VIFP, we placed our items in the bag, filled out the form, the items were cleaned and returned, and we weren't charged. I assume it knows from your VIFP number or cabin number or cabin category.

Continental breakfast foods are free, with most cooked items under the American breakfast menu (eggs, bacon, omelets, pancakes, etc.) having a service charge of $7.95 per room delivery. During the day and evening there are free food items such as salads, sandwiches, and desserts, with with several items (wings, shrimps, quesadilla, cheesesteaks, etc.) having a service fee or charge of between $4-$6.00 each. Again, I assume that with your cabin number/type it would not charge you for these items. 

In your cabin on the phone, or somewhere listed in the room, the Concierge number will be probably listed, with the same for dinner and Loft 19. Loft 19 access will probably be granted via your S&S card. 

From the information posted a few months ago, other passengers can pay for access to Loft 19, similar to how non-Spa cabin guests can pay for a daily or weekly spa pass.   

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I think most of the information would be accurate. 

Congratulations to Matt Mitchum and Hugo Hidalgo for being named Cruise Director and Entertainment Director for the Mardi Gras. 

mardi_gras_team.jpg

10 hours ago, sjcruiser said:

Nice!!! Congrats on the Excel Suite.

For Priority Check-in, there should be signage and personnel stationed around the terminal check in area directing you to the specific lines or the priority boarding lounge/area. 

For Complimentary Laundry service, as Platinum VIFP, we placed our items in the bag, filled out the form, the items were cleaned and returned, and we weren't charged. I assume it knows from your VIFP number or cabin number or cabin category.

Continental breakfast foods are free, with most cooked items under the American breakfast menu (eggs, bacon, omelets, pancakes, etc.) having a service charge of $7.95 per room delivery. During the day and evening there are free food items such as salads, sandwiches, and desserts, with with several items (wings, shrimps, quesadilla, cheesesteaks, etc.) having a service fee or charge of between $4-$6.00 each. Again, I assume that with your cabin number/type it would not charge you for these items. 

In your cabin on the phone, or somewhere listed in the room, the Concierge number will be probably listed, with the same for dinner and Loft 19. Loft 19 access will probably be granted via your S&S card. 

From the information posted a few months ago, other passengers can pay for access to Loft 19, similar to how non-Spa cabin guests can pay for a daily or weekly spa pass.   

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I think most of the information would be accurate. 

Thanks for Information.  Very Helpful.

My Wife just got out of the Hospital (MGH).  They removed a piece of her right lung to stop the cancer from spreading. 

So months ago when we were planning on booking this cruise, we found out about the cancer.  

I said " Screw it !!  I'm getting you a Suite, your going to be treated like a VIP".  So instead of a balcony, I got my wife a suite. I told her "she'll be my queen on this cruise".  So that's why I don't fully understand how the benefit's of having a suite work.

I'm going to copy your posting on Matt Mitchum and Hugo Hidalgo for being named Cruise Director and Entertainment Director, and place them on my Oct 31th Mardi Gras Roll Call.

Nice treat for your wife, I hope her surgery prevents recurrance and her health improves.

I tried to upgrade to a suite since it will be our 50th next year but they were all sold so we booked another cruise a couple of months before this one. We will celebrate all year.😁

4 minutes ago, Clairescurtains said:

Nice treat for your wife, I hope her surgery prevents recurrance and her health improves.

I tried to upgrade to a suite since it will be our 50th next year but they were all sold so we booked another cruise a couple of months before this one. We will celebrate all year.😁

Surprising how a ship that isn’t built yet can sell out so quickly.  People know how popular this cruise will be. 

Early congrats on your upcoming 50th next year.  We celebrated our 51st  yesterday.  How time flies.

Carnival  Mardi  Gras  Oct 16 ,2020

I can't  wait I been reading all  the last information  on ship we going to have a blast 

On 6/20/2019 at 7:42 AM, DD474 said:

Thanks for Information.  Very Helpful.

My Wife just got out of the Hospital (MGH).  They removed a piece of her right lung to stop the cancer from spreading. 

So months ago when we were planning on booking this cruise, we found out about the cancer.  

I said " Screw it !!  I'm getting you a Suite, your going to be treated like a VIP".  So instead of a balcony, I got my wife a suite. I told her "she'll be my queen on this cruise".  So that's why I don't fully understand how the benefit's of having a suite work.

I'm going to copy your posting on Matt Mitchum and Hugo Hidalgo for being named Cruise Director and Entertainment Director, and place them on my Oct 31th Mardi Gras Roll Call.

No problem!!!

Sitting here watching this mornings Port Canaveral Commission Meeting. There's plenty of construction progress on the Cruise Terminal 3 (CT3) from the waterside view, which we haven't seen before. The concrete panel walls are formed/constructed onsite and and raised into position. The concert wall panels have recessed electrical conduit built into the walls, along with the connections for attaching structural steel. The two wooden boxes in photo #6 are for the elevator shafts.. Once the forms have cured, Schindler Elevator Company will come in and start as build work. There's also a tremendous amount of work being completed on the new bulkhead. The terminal is slated for completion/opening May 18, 2020 (if no major delays). Cruise berth completion December 20, 2019. Passenger boarding bridge components completion November 2019.

Bulkhead Work.png

Concret panel forming location.png

Concrete Panel Wall 1.png

Concrete Panel Wall 2.png

Driven steel pile caps.png

Elevator shaft work  (two wooden cases) & Passenger Loading Bridge Alignment .png

Structural steel work.png

4 minutes ago, sjcruiser said:

Sitting here watching this mornings Port Canaveral Commission Meeting. There's plenty of construction progress on the Cruise Terminal 3 (CT3) from the waterside view, which we haven't seen before. The concrete panel walls are formed/constructed onsite and and raised into position. The concert wall panels have recessed electrical conduit built into the walls, along with the connections for attaching structural steel. The two wooden boxes in photo #6 are for the elevator shafts.. Once the forms have cured, Schindler Elevator Company will come in and start as build work. There's also a tremendous amount of work being completed on the new bulkhead. The terminal is slated for completion/opening May 18, 2020 (if no major delays). Cruise berth completion December 20, 2019. Passenger boarding bridge components completion November 2019.

Bulkhead Work.png

Concret panel forming location.png

Concrete Panel Wall 1.png

Concrete Panel Wall 2.png

Driven steel pile caps.png

Elevator shaft work  (two wooden cases) & Passenger Loading Bridge Alignment .png

Structural steel work.png

So weird.  I was going to ask if anyone had any updates on the new construction, and your post appears.  Spooky.  Thanks for the pics.

1 minute ago, chevytrkr said:

So weird.  I was going to ask if anyone had any updates on the new construction, and your post appears.  Spooky.  Thanks for the pics.

LOL Anytime. When I logged into FB the Port Canaveral Commission Meeting video notification popped up. When I clicked it view it, they were live and going over the financials for the port including cruise passenger and ship visits, and parking revenue. I was getting ready to go to another page, and they started discussing waypoint signage for the cruise terminals. I got excited and was hoping they didn't cover construction of CT3 yet, and just to my luck, it was next up!!! From the discussion, they are only 6 weeks behind mail due to weather. It seems as once the rest of the walls go up along with the structural steel, things will be moving pretty quickly. 

On ‎6‎/‎26‎/‎2019 at 10:59 AM, sjcruiser said:

LOL Anytime. When I logged into FB the Port Canaveral Commission Meeting video notification popped up. When I clicked it view it, they were live and going over the financials for the port including cruise passenger and ship visits, and parking revenue. I was getting ready to go to another page, and they started discussing waypoint signage for the cruise terminals. I got excited and was hoping they didn't cover construction of CT3 yet, and just to my luck, it was next up!!! From the discussion, they are only 6 weeks behind mail due to weather. It seems as once the rest of the walls go up along with the structural steel, things will be moving pretty quickly. 

I'm once again going to copy your updates and place them on our Oct 31th Mardi Gras Thread.:classic_ohmy:

Our Oct 31th tread is basically on life support right now. :classic_sad:  

Thanks again for the Updates.

18 hours ago, Clairescurtains said:

How is the cruise terminal coming along?

I haven’t found any updated images since my post on June 26. The terminal is on schedule, and construction progressing. There’s other construction going on this week with a 60 inch pipeline being installed resulting in some parking lot closure and roadway diversions. I’ll try to get out that way next week to get some new photos. 

It looks like Mardi Gras is getting a sister ship in 2022 from Meyer Werft (Turku, Finland). 

Mardi Gras is being built in Yard NB-1396

Sister ship is being built in Yard  NB-1397

I enclosed a Picture of the Meyer Werft Shipyard. (it might not be current, not sure :classic_ohmy:)

history1_W708.jpg

On 7/22/2019 at 10:37 AM, sjcruiser said:

I haven’t found any updated images since my post on June 26. The terminal is on schedule, and construction progressing. There’s other construction going on this week with a 60 inch pipeline being installed resulting in some parking lot closure and roadway diversions. I’ll try to get out that way next week to get some new photos. 

https://www.facebook.com/portcanaveral/videos/439169813598815?sfns=xmwa

On 7/21/2019 at 4:29 PM, Clairescurtains said:

https://www.facebook.com/portcanaveral/videos/439169813598815?sfns=xmwa

19 hours ago, DD474 said:

I'm going to copy your update for my Oct31 Thread.

Thanks again.

No problem!!! Anytime!!!

P. 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, sjcruiser said:

No problem!!! Anytime!!!

P. 

🧙‍♀️My "Halloween Cruise Oct 31 2020" 🧛‍♂️

🤷‍♂️ Thread literally has no action. 🥶.

🙋‍♂️I'm currently the only one updating it.  😎

You'd get more action watching grass grow🤪 or paint drying.  😲

P.S. 🤫 When we get on Mardi Gras and find something broken,  we'll know youz guys did it. ⛴️

Edited by DD474

Hello everyone, 

Here are the updated photos of Terminal 3 for the Mardi Gras posted by Port Canaveral this morning.

B5C9094E-1FE4-4D5A-ACC5-87CEFB20046E.jpeg

B9007D8D-22A4-4981-86CD-A29E9A9D66FC.jpeg

03DDE8A8-E653-4092-B65A-92B300D5450B.jpeg

4 hours ago, sjcruiser said:

Hello everyone, 

Here are the updated photos of Terminal 3 for the Mardi Gras posted by Port Canaveral this morning.

B5C9094E-1FE4-4D5A-ACC5-87CEFB20046E.jpeg

B9007D8D-22A4-4981-86CD-A29E9A9D66FC.jpeg

03DDE8A8-E653-4092-B65A-92B300D5450B.jpeg

Thanks again for the Update.... Once again I'm going to have to copy your update for My October 31th thread.

Unlike your thread, ours is very quiet. (you'd here more noise if you were in space).

Posted (edited)

Hi, I’m looking forward to sailing on the Carnival Mardi Gras. I’m not sure how to join the roll call for October 16,2020. Can someone please help me? Thank you

Edited by Mmch62

1 hour ago, Mmch62 said:

Hi, I’m looking forward to sailing on the Carnival Mardi Gras. I’m not sure how to join the roll call for October 16,2020. Can someone please help me? Thank you

All you need to do it keep doing what you just did.  You are part of our rollcall just by posting.  If you are referring to a Meet and Greet, we have not started a list yet.  When we do, we will put you on the list.

Rich