Cruise Critic Community
chevytrkr

NEW Carnival Mardi Gras Inaugural Cruise, October 16, 2020

28 minutes ago, DD474 said:

Once again, I check your thread for any updates. :classic_biggrin:

I copy your updates and place them on my thread (October 31th Mardi Gras). :classic_laugh:

My thread is creeping like a snail unwillingly to school.

or as slow as molasses in January

Slow as lawyers earning his or her way to heaven

Slow as an earthworm crossing an 8 lane highway

Slow as traffic on a snowy Monday morning going into the city, with numerous spinouts.  

No problem

1 hour ago, sjcruiser said:

07A08AC3-74A1-45DE-915F-951C1A2F365E.png

That’s a quick way to put a building together.  Just don’t drop it.

Just got off the Breeze and now trying to book this sailing. Holy cow everything is about gone. It's a year away and only guarantees left. 

1 hour ago, iluvcrewzn said:

Just got off the Breeze and now trying to book this sailing. Holy cow everything is about gone. It's a year away and only guarantees left. 

Yeah, as soon as it was announced, people started booking.  Get a guaranteed cabin and maybe something will come available later that you can upgrade to.  There will probably be cancellations before final payment is due.

So Basically:

We're Getting a New Cruise Ship :classic_laugh:

420778898_CCLNewShip-2020-B.jpeg

We're Getting a New Cruise Terminal :classic_biggrin:

cruise-terminal-3.thumb.jpg.12247530fc907a01359439c52e16402b.jpg

We're Getting a New Floating Natural Gas Station :classic_wink:

Q-LNG-Barge-fwd-port.png.0cf9217d87407bcc0cd7437b00cd272c.png

All of our new stuff will still be under the manufacturer warranty. :classic_ohmy:

Edited by DD474

On 6/19/2019 at 8:23 AM, chevytrkr said:

Surprising how fast they can put these ships together after they get all the pieces built.  Like watching a video game.  I'll start getting worried if it's not completed by October 1, 2020.

The Mardi Gras will be ready for our sailing date in October because it's going to London first for  a cruise then to New York and then to its home port which is Port Canaveral I can't wait either

Maurer Rides the famed 143-year old German ride-creating company posted an unnamed video on YouTube on Friday.

The video offers a small tour of a newly built roller-coaster in some spare land – but missing are any platforms to get on/off, branding or anything else.

Renderings released by Carnival Cruise Line show their new ‘Sea Coaster‘ (rollercoaster) BOLT due on Carnival Mardi Gras has the same track shape as the video too!

2 minutes ago, DD474 said:

Maurer Rides the famed 143-year old German ride-creating company posted an unnamed video on YouTube on Friday.

The video offers a small tour of a newly built roller-coaster in some spare land – but missing are any platforms to get on/off, branding or anything else.

Renderings released by Carnival Cruise Line show their new ‘Sea Coaster‘ (rollercoaster) BOLT due on Carnival Mardi Gras has the same track shape as the video too!

Hopefully this is a test track to make sure it works before it goes on the ship.  Wonder if that is PVC pipe.  Probably not.  Doesn’t look like a scary ride, but when you’re sitting on top of a cruise ship, that adds a whole different perspective.

2 minutes ago, chevytrkr said:

Hopefully this is a test track to make sure it works before it goes on the ship.  Wonder if that is PVC pipe.  Probably not.  Doesn’t look like a scary ride, but when you’re sitting on top of a cruise ship, that adds a whole different perspective.

Wicked smart idea..Test it first on dry land.👍

This is good..:classic_laugh: 

The shipyard got a copy of the directions on how to attach the pieces.:classic_ohmy:

1.jpg

Posted (edited)

Oh, I get it. :classic_ohmy:

Launch Pad :classic_wink:

im2.jpg

im3.png

Edited by DD474

Posted (edited)

Inside Terminal 3....AKA Launch Pad

i2.jpg

i5.jpg

i4.jpg

Edited by DD474

Posted (edited)

WOW.  Now that’s what I call a waiting lounge.  Carnival is going way out for this new ship.  Can’t wait to check in at the new terminal and then get on the new ship.  Only a year to go.

Rich

Edited by chevytrkr

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, DD474 said:

This is good..:classic_laugh: 

The shipyard got a copy of the directions on how to attach the pieces.:classic_ohmy:

1.jpg

Hopefully they know where this piece goes.  Never quite figured out how the bulbous bow actually helps the ship.  Any navigation buffs want to educate me.  Compared to the lift next to it, this thing is enormous.

Rich

Edited by chevytrkr

Posted (edited)

The bulb modifies the way the water flows around the hull, reducing drag and thus increasing speed, range, fuel efficiency, and stability

The combined influence of a subsurface bulb and a conventional bow on wave formation where the wave created by the bulb cancels that created by the conventional bow

1. Profile of bow with bulb
  2. Profile of bow without bulb
  3. Wave created by bulb
  4. Wave created by conventional bow
  5. Waterline and region of cancelled waves

Bulbous_Bow_Combined_Wave_Effects.png

maxresdefault.jpg

Edited by DD474

18 hours ago, DD474 said:

The bulb modifies the way the water flows around the hull, reducing drag and thus increasing speed, range, fuel efficiency, and stability

The combined influence of a subsurface bulb and a conventional bow on wave formation where the wave created by the bulb cancels that created by the conventional bow

1. Profile of bow with bulb
  2. Profile of bow without bulb
  3. Wave created by bulb
  4. Wave created by conventional bow
  5. Waterline and region of cancelled waves

Bulbous_Bow_Combined_Wave_Effects.png

maxresdefault.jpg

I suppose the people who designed this bulb knew what they were talking about.  To me it appears the difference in drag would be minimal.  But hey, who am I to argue with the experts.  It just looks cool gliding through the water.  Thanks for the explanation.  Next week we’ll discuss why toilets make so much noise on a cruise ship.  Probably has something to do with vacuum and suction. 😄

A Damned Good Flushing

You mean that LOUD Noise :classic_ohmy:

The resultant noise is enough to startle a dormant volcano. It begins with a ‘Whoosh,’ continues with a ‘Whump’ and finishes with an emphatic ‘Thunk.

In essence, it is the sound of a massive suction system vacuuming the contents of the S-bend away in one mighty mechanical inhalation. It is not unlike a fighter jet taking off, only shorter, louder and more startling, the equivalent of having yours ears syringed from the inside.

(this is what happens when you have to much time on your hands) :classic_wink:

(Being Sunday, this is next week)

poop.jpg

2 hours ago, DD474 said:

A Damned Good Flushing

You mean that LOUD Noise :classic_ohmy:

The resultant noise is enough to startle a dormant volcano. It begins with a ‘Whoosh,’ continues with a ‘Whump’ and finishes with an emphatic ‘Thunk.

In essence, it is the sound of a massive suction system vacuuming the contents of the S-bend away in one mighty mechanical inhalation. It is not unlike a fighter jet taking off, only shorter, louder and more startling, the equivalent of having yours ears syringed from the inside.

(this is what happens when you have to much time on your hands) :classic_wink:

(Being Sunday, this is next week)

poop.jpg

Yeah, that loud noise that you can hear two rooms down.  I hate to flush after my 2 a.m. potty break, but you just have to do it.  Sorry neighbors.  I don’t know where you find this stuff, but it makes for interesting conversation.  

Meyer Turku Shipyard has an Instagram website.

Mardi Gras is in the background

67754827_768825490201043_6375417132385989810_n.jpg

66629286_450496285529930_5023224878355488524_n.jpg

Aft section installed of Carnival Mardi Gras taken on Sept 27 2019

The windows are the lower level of the MDR , named the Palm restaurant.

69642274_493726778148658_4806316865801586964_n.jpg

4 hours ago, DD474 said:

Taken 6 days ago

70913174_2417553625231508_4052496553143747420_n.jpg

She’s growing up so fast.  Thanks for the update.