Cruise Critic Community
chevytrkr

NEW Carnival Mardi Gras Inaugural Cruise, October 16, 2020

Currently, Terminal 3 will be used exclusively for Mardi Gras.  Has anything been said about other LNG fueled ships using this terminal in the future?  I would think since Carnival is the parent company of so many cruise lines that other new ships may be home ported in Port Canaveral to take advantage of the LNG fueling capability.  That would be a boom for Cocoa Beach and Orlando.  Time will tell.

10 minutes ago, chevytrkr said:

Currently, Terminal 3 will be used exclusively for Mardi Gras.  Has anything been said about other LNG fueled ships using this terminal in the future?  I would think since Carnival is the parent company of so many cruise lines that other new ships may be home ported in Port Canaveral to take advantage of the LNG fueling capability.  That would be a boom for Cocoa Beach and Orlando.  Time will tell.

Mardi Gras will be getting a  sister ship in 2021.  She'll be the exact same size as Mardi Gras.  So I would assume. she'll be there as well. 

11 hours ago, chevytrkr said:

She’s growing up so fast.  Thanks for the update.

I know..She'll be a grown woman by next summer.  Out on her own exploring the world.. Mostly the Caribbean and Mexico, after her European vacation. 

MV5BYTJhZTBlZDQtZGFjNC00OTU1LWFmNDMtZmQ5YzllYzk2NGMwXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNTUyMzE4Mzg@._V1_UY1200_CR86,0,630,1200_AL_.jpg

11 minutes ago, DD474 said:

Mardi Gras will be getting a  sister ship in 2021.  She'll be the exact same size as Mardi Gras.  So I would assume. she'll be there as well. 

Sounds like another cruise in my future.  

3 hours ago, chevytrkr said:

Sounds like another cruise in my future.  

I stand corrected.. ⛴️

Her sister ship goes into service in 2022. 

Her home port will be Miami. 🚢

Which can be kinda difficult getting on and off of Dodge Island, where all the cruise ships are parallel parked. 😲

Edited by DD474

On 10/10/2019 at 11:13 AM, DD474 said:

I stand corrected.. ⛴️

Her sister ship goes into service in 2022. 

Her home port will be Miami. 🚢

Which can be kinda difficult getting on and off of Dodge Island, where all the cruise ships are parallel parked. 😲

Royal Caribbean just built a new terminal there, so Carnival may need to upgrade theirs.  I’ve sailed NCL and Carnival out of Port Miami.  Thinking about doing one of RCI’s mega ships just to see what they are like.  I think Symphony of the Seas is home ported there now.

Hello, just booked today, transferred from Mardi Gras, Oct. 24.  We are from New Bern, NC. this is my third cruise and second for my husband.  We are celebrating my retirement of 40 years federal service.  Looking forward to a good time again, beware we are, gasp, "seniors". hehe.

1 hour ago, spreckiel said:

Hello, just booked today, transferred from Mardi Gras, Oct. 24.  We are from New Bern, NC. this is my third cruise and second for my husband.  We are celebrating my retirement of 40 years federal service.  Looking forward to a good time again, beware we are, gasp, "seniors". hehe.

Welcome to the rollcall.  I too am a 40 year federal service retiree, so we are also seniors.  We love cruising, and now we can go whenever we want.

I'm kind of nervous about my room because on the Oct 24th cruise I picked the one I wanted but since I switched to the 16th I am now TBA.  Carnival told me I might not know until the day of the cruise which kind of upsets me.   

1 minute ago, spreckiel said:

I'm kind of nervous about my room because on the Oct 24th cruise I picked the one I wanted but since I switched to the 16th I am now TBA.  Carnival told me I might not know until the day of the cruise which kind of upsets me.   

You are guaranteed to get the category cabin you booked, but as you stated, the location may not be where you wanted to be.  Inform your cruise consultant where you want to be, and hopefully they can assign you a cabin near that area when rooms are available for assignment.  

Hello all...we booked back in January and couldn't be more excited!!

My husband and I are sailing with 2 other couples, we are flying from Texas (originally from Louisiana) and our friends are flying from Louisiana.

I just caught up on this thread, there sure is some great information here....thanks everyone!!

1 hour ago, spreckiel said:

Question.  How do you join the group? 

If you are referring to a Meet and Greet as the group, there isn’t one set up yet.  If you are referring to a rollcall, you are already in the group.

54 minutes ago, NDalfrey said:

Hello all...we booked back in January and couldn't be more excited!!

My husband and I are sailing with 2 other couples, we are flying from Texas (originally from Louisiana) and our friends are flying from Louisiana.

I just caught up on this thread, there sure is some great information here....thanks everyone!!

Welcome to the rollcall.  Good to see more folks joining in.

3 hours ago, DD474 said:

We will begin accepting dining reservations on the Mardi Gras starting February 29, 2020

I don't know if you guy's have seen this. This was posted on the carnival website. 

https://help.goccl.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4250/~/specialty-restaurants---dining-reservation-information

That will give me enough time to decide where I want to eat.  

I’m currently enroute to Fort Lauderdale to catch my flight to Copenhagen.  We sail Sunday back to New Orleans on a 19-day transatlantic cruise.  Have a great Halloween.

Use the link below to research and answer a lot of the questions we have about our cruise.

It put's you past the T.A. login, so you can see a lot of the questions and answers, without actually logging in.

https://help.goccl.com/app/home

Greetings Everyone,

My husband and I would like to join the roll call for the October 16th Cruise.  We are Kelly and Jeff from Richmond, Virginia.  This will be our 7th cruise over all and our 4th on Carnival.  Can't wait to see this very pretty PHAT girl (Plenty of Hooch And Treats).

I just booked our room for October 15th.    Thanks for the info on when to book dining reservations.  Has anyone heard of any activities planned for that Day from the Cruise line?

A fellow Cruise Critic from the 31th thread,  found these

1031973813_thenose.thumb.jpg.bddc80d0cba69e32a6750ffc1e5edd3e.jpg

Mardi gras is in the back ground 

1085460648_fronthalf.thumb.jpg.0be2a66163ca3c8b6027225e240ec26b.jpg

Edited by DD474

Mardi Gras is the 2nd ship.

Looking forward to her moving to the front row

(A fellow Oct. 31th member found these and posted them on our thread.)

1847702799.jpg

2109291231.jpg

Mardi Gras
Size/Capacity
  • Gross tonnage: 180,800 - 5th Largest Cruise ship as of 2020
  • Length: 1130
  • Beam: 137 feet
  • Maximum Draft: 28 feet
  • Cruising Speed: 17 knots
  • Full guest occupancy: 6630
  • Normal occupancy: 5282 (based on 2 per cabin) 
  • Passenger decks: 17
Accommodations
2641 Total Guest Staterooms (including 82 accessible staterooms)
  • Suites
    • 2 Carnival Excel Presidential Suites
    • 12 Carnival Excel Aft Suites
    • 12 Carnival Excel Corner Suites
    • 6 Carnival Excel Suites
    • 2 Havana Cabana Corner Suites
    • 4 Havana Cabana Suites
    • 6 Cloud 9 Spa Suites
    • 131 Ocean Suites
    • 6 Family Harbor Ocean View Suites
  • 8 Havana Extended Cabana Staterooms
  • 44 Havana Cabana Staterooms
  • 8 Cloud 9 Spa Forward-View Extended Balcony Staterooms
  • 48 Cloud 9 Spa Balcony Staterooms
  • 12 Cloud 9 Spa Cove Balcony Staterooms
  • 34 Aft-View Extended Balcony Staterooms
  • 48 Forward-View Extended Balcony Staterooms
  • 80 Extended Balcony Staterooms
  • 1050 Standard Balcony Staterooms
  • 112 Cove Balcony Staterooms
  • 23 Junior Balcony Staterooms
  • 4 Cloud 9 Spa Ocean View Staterooms
  • 41 Family Harbor Ocean View Staterooms
  • 130 Ocean View Staterooms
  • 40 Havana Interior Staterooms
  • 43 Cloud 9 Spa Interior Staterooms
  • 41 Premium Interior Staterooms
  • 22 Family Harbor Interior Staterooms
  • 672 Interior Staterooms
Edited by DD474

I spoke with Carnival this morning about Loft 19
I was told cabana rental's are $50.00 for days in port and $150.00 for days at sea.
Carnival Excel-level suites will be able to book online by the end of the year.
All other guest will be able to book once onboard.

Loft 19
Hours: 8:00am-8:00pm
  • A secluded retreat modeled after the world’s finest resorts with full bar service, a private pool (2'6" deep) surrounded by108 sun loungers and 12 spacious private cabanas, available for rent.
  • Guests staying in Carnival Excel-level suites enjoy complimentary, unlimited access to Loft 19; however, they must still reserve and purchase a cabana – they will get priority cabana reservations! All other guests aboard the Mardi Gras will have the opportunity to experience Loft 19 by renting a cabana for the day or voyage once on board the ship. 
  • Full day (8:00am-8:00pm) and cruise long rentals available.
  • 12 rental private cabanas - amenities include: plush towels and bathrobes, non-alcoholic beverages and water, chilled towels, morning and mid-afternoon fruit refreshers, cabana-side lunch delivery and dedicated concierge service during rental period, for cabana related requests.

Specialty Restaurants - Dining Menu's

Carnival will begin accepting dining reservations on the Mardi Gras starting February 29, 2020. 

The Steakhouse

• The Steakhouse dinner menu
  • There is a nominal fee of $38 USD per adult and $12 USD per child

Ji Ji Asian Kitchen

• Ji Ji Asian Kitchen menu
  • There is a nominal fee of $15 USD per adult and $5 USD per child

Cucina del Capitano.

• Cucina del Capitano dinner menu
  • There is a nominal fee of $15 USD per adult and $5 USD per child

Bonsai Teppanyaki

• Bonsai Teppanyaki lunch and dinner menu
  • There is a nominal fee of $32 USD per guest

Finally back home after my 19 day transatlantic from Copenhagen to New Orleans.  I think I’ll stick to shorter cruises from now on.  After we did the European ports, we had 7 consecutive sea days.  We were supposed to stop in Punta Delgada, Azores, but high winds kept us from entering the harbor, so the captain decided to sail straight to Bermuda.  Experienced my first hurricane at sea.  Over 100 knot winds and large swells.  Named Hurricane Pablo, it made history as the farthest east forming hurricane ever recorded, just northeast of the Azores.  Now I can concentrate on my 2020 cruises.  Less than a year away from our fabulous cruise on the beautiful Carnival Mardi Gras.  But for now, we’ll have to deal with old man winter.  Keep warm everyone.

Rich 

Edited by chevytrkr