2 Bedroom Aquatheater on Allure - Room 8330

AlexisV

I'm pretty excited for a couple of reasons!  I just booked my first Star Class Suite on Allure of the Seas... And I'm finally getting to do one of my bucket list cruises - The Mediterranean!!  I'm not new to cruising but have never booked larger than a Grand Suite before and that was with CCL.  I've only ever sailed with RCL once before and it was an Interior room on Adventure in 2016 - so big difference...LOL 

Clearly, I'm excited about the Royal Genie and the level of service that's going to come with this suite, but I really struggled with whether it was worth sacrificing the ocean view I could have gotten had I chosen the smaller Suite on Deck 10 (10330).  There will be 8 of us in the room so I opted for the larger space, especially when the pricing difference was only $300 and it's an extra 300 sq. ft.  But I'm still just wondering about the experience.  Anyone have any insight into choosing between deck 8 or 10?  Is it even going to be noticeable? 

Oh, and please do feel free to tell me anything about your experience with Star Class service and this specific stateroom 🙂  I've poured over multiple search results and haven't quite found as much as I was hoping to learn... Hence my post...Plus, who doesn't love talking about cruising??  🙂

• Like 1

Last April, we were in ATS 10330 on the Harmony and loved it. The space was amazing. 2 mornings we awoke to a balcony with a lot of ash on it from the engines. The room steward cleaned it up after I notified him. We loved the many perks including the priority seating, priority embarkation and especially disembarkation and specialty dining especially Coastal Kitchen. Our genie wasn’t anything special but she was still nice to have. 

The balcony was massive as was the suite. 

For our cruise, suite 8330 was a lot more $ than 10330. 

• Like 1

We just got back from cruising Star Class on Oasis and it was unbelievable. While our suite was on deck 17 we met and spent some time with the family in the ATS on deck 8 because we shared the same Genie.  They loved everything about it, especially the size and view.  I know they booked the same suite for next year. 

Our Genie was the best!!  We actually laughed at ourselves because we all had tears in our eyes when we said goodbye.

One example is when I asked him where I could find something other than a plain bagel.  He asked what kind and when I said an everything he had to google it.  The next morning we has everything bagels delivered. The special snacks delivered were great but way too much so we admitted defeat and stopped them on day 5.  The list goes on and on. And it is addicting,  we booked another one!

• Like 1

We were on 8330 on Oasis over Thanksgiving and you definitely made the right choice. The space is great- and with 8, you will need it. The deck is the best art and for 8, again, you’ll want that space. Make sure to spend time watching all the diving shows and the practices- it was blast. 

You will love it!

I’ll be sailing in room 9730 (the room that’s in between those two on the other side of the ship) in just shy of two weeks, and plan on doing a live blog of it, so feel free to send any questions my way. I’m so excited! You’ll definitely have a great time. 

• Like 1

On 12/25/2018 at 3:42 PM, Dizneydreamer_PA said:

We were on 8330 on Oasis over Thanksgiving and you definitely made the right choice. The space is great- and with 8, you will need it. The deck is the best art and for 8, again, you’ll want that space. Make sure to spend time watching all the diving shows and the practices- it was blast. 

You will love it!

Great advice on the shows - I can't wait!!

21 hours ago, ryanbarckley said:

I’ll be sailing in room 9730 (the room that’s in between those two on the other side of the ship) in just shy of two weeks, and plan on doing a live blog of it, so feel free to send any questions my way. I’m so excited! You’ll definitely have a great time. 

Can't wait to see your live blog - I will try to think of some questions, for sure!  

The sea views are fantastic!  I loved these suites.  The balcony wraps around so there's even a quiet place on the oceanside (just outside the master bedroom) for reading and just enjoying the water.   The larger area outside the living room is huge.   As another poster mentioned, you can watch the diving show and movies from there.  We lucked out once and were able to watch a new aquatheater cast train.  Such fun.  This was pre genie days so no comment on their services.

On ‎12‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 12:46 AM, AlexisV said:

I'm pretty excited for a couple of reasons!  I just booked my first Star Class Suite on Allure of the Seas... And I'm finally getting to do one of my bucket list cruises - The Mediterranean!!  I'm not new to cruising but have never booked larger than a Grand Suite before and that was with CCL.  I've only ever sailed with RCL once before and it was an Interior room on Adventure in 2016 - so big difference...LOL 

Clearly, I'm excited about the Royal Genie and the level of service that's going to come with this suite, but I really struggled with whether it was worth sacrificing the ocean view I could have gotten had I chosen the smaller Suite on Deck 10 (10330).  There will be 8 of us in the room so I opted for the larger space, especially when the pricing difference was only $300 and it's an extra 300 sq. ft.  But I'm still just wondering about the experience.  Anyone have any insight into choosing between deck 8 or 10?  Is it even going to be noticeable? 

Oh, and please do feel free to tell me anything about your experience with Star Class service and this specific stateroom 🙂  I've poured over multiple search results and haven't quite found as much as I was hoping to learn... Hence my post...Plus, who doesn't love talking about cruising??  🙂

We just sailed on Harmony in essentially the same 2-BR Aquatheater suite as yours (it was cabin 8334 on Harmony instead of 8330 like it is on Allure). You will definitely still have an ocean view, and a much bigger space to enjoy it from. And yes, the Genie experience was amazing. 

• Thanks 1

We had this suite on Harmony and loved it!  Not only do you have great seats for the Aquatheater shows and practices, but you have amazing ocean views as well. Ours had lounge chairs right outside the master room facing the ocean. 

We asked our Genie if we could meet the cast of the Aquatheater show and we did between performances. After that, during other shows, they would wave or wink at my kids during performances as we watched on our deck. Made it really special!  Loved that suite!

Enjoy!

• Thanks 1

I sailed with 4 other family members in that suite (8330), this past September.  We absolutely loved it.  I'd say with 8 people you definitely want the larger space.  You will have ocean views as the balcony wraps around the port side of the ship.  You will also be able to view all the happenings at the aqua theater and part of the boardwalk.  Before sailing I was a little nervous as to whether I would enjoy this suite as I also prefer ocean views, but we all enjoyed it so much that we booked the same suite for next December 2019.

The genie experience is also amazing.  Don't worry, you will have a wonderful time!

Thanks for everyone's feedback - I'm really glad I went with the larger suite, especially after hearing about all your experiences.  Now it's just going to be really hard to wait until May 2020...LOL

We had 8 in suite 8330 on the Oasis this past August, ages 58 to 1. For 8, I think you need the bigger room. It was fantastic. Never felt crowded, only tight spot is having 4 in the second bedroom. The genie and attendants are wonderful—  popcorn and JR milkshakes every night at 8:30!!!!! The wraparound balcony gives you an unmatched aft view with an extensive side view . 

We we noticed that the Star Class pricing for the recently released itineraries on Oasis class were “reasonable” and considerably less than for 2019. I couldn’t help myself and booked the 4-bedroom villa suite on Harmony for August 2020. It was actually cheaper than the A1. The same lucky 8 will try the hot tub on the balcony! It will be good to compare to the ATS. 

mac_tlc

• 2 months later...