Celebrity- Silhouette- April 14, 2019 Crossing

howndder

Good morning everyone, Putting this out onto the world wide web and seeing if there are any brothers and sisters going on this beautiful ship across the pond to Southampton? Starting from Ft. Lauderdale and visiting Nassau, Bermuda and Lisbon, with over night in Bermuda. I love those sea days and maybe getting a trivia team to take on the "others".

I always do specialty dining and hope to meet some fellow earlier dining partners as well. Hope to see everyone at the Martini Bar around 7-730PM. 

Howard in Beautiful and Sunny Fort Lauderdale

• 1 month later...

Hello Howard,

I just booked this cruise for my partner and me. Looking forward to a relaxing transatlantic. We have done several transatlantics before and always enjoyed the seadays. We only once experienced horrible weather.

Greetings from Cologne, Germany

Michael

jmallmann@aol.com

Hi Michael i just answered on the other board. Looking forward to meet you and your partner. I am traveling solo - as do usually on Transatlantiks- my partner does not like them. I have very nice travel companion though- Elisabeth- a very dear friend!

Greetings and - Hallo von  Ulm nach Köln!

Michael

Hello Michael and Michael. Glad to hear others have announced they're on board. I have met many German cruisers on the crossings and I guess the fact that it can be done in under 2 weeks is a big help for working people. The Martini Bar is the place to meet and I eat early so go around 730. I hope to see you there. 

Howard in Beautiful Ft. Lauderdale

Oh i love crossings- every since my first back in 2002- then on board the Brilliance of the Sea´s. A lot of more followed. My favorite crossings are those on board Queen Mary2. Thats usualy just seven days- but i tried the BtB Soto- NY- Soto in 2017- that was really great!

See you in the Martini Bar!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, group - 

My husband Kevin and I just booked this due to the recent price drop. We are married and living in spectacular Portland, Oregon in the U.S.  Looking forward to meeting and traveling with you all. I speak Spanish and my husband German.

Best,

John

Hi, I have done several transatlantics  Steve 3008 and the weather was always pretty niche and warm except on one with the Silhouette where we had horrible storms for most of the cruise. I really hope this one will be smooth.

Great that there is already a nice crowd at the martini bar meetings and even someone else from Germany :-) (Hallo ins schöne Ulm).

Has anyone made plans for the Bahamas stop, booked any tours?

Best from Cologne, Germany

Michael

jmallmann@aol.com 

I planed to visist Hamilton with this ferry they offer- that has to be on day one of your stay as we have a rather unfortunate time docking in Kings Wharf! The next they I keep for walking around were we are docked, since we leave a 1pm. Not the very best idea to miss the ship prior a Transatlantic!

I loved Hamilton when I first went there.

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/5/2019 at 3:59 AM, Germancruiser said:

And hello ins schöne Köln- von einer Domstadt in die Andere ( gut - wir sagen Münster) ! I look forward to meet you " Kölsche Jungs"!

Freue mich aufs Kennenlernen. Hatte leider kaum Zeit die letzten Wochen und freue mich riesig auf eine erholsame cruise. Am Donnerstag geht's nach Mia. Hoffe sehen uns an Martini Bar. Kabine 9122.Gruesse ins schoene Ulm

Schön von dir zu hören. Das geht mir vor der Abreise genauso- tausend Dinge sind noch zu tun...! Ich freue mich ebenfalls auf eine erholsame Reise- und nichts geht da über eine schöne lange Transatlantik- Reise! Martini- super! Ach so ja Kabine 8344.

Fliege morgen nach MIA - euch nen guten Flug!

Grüße nach Kölle!