Galveston parking

Luvcruisin76

5 minutes ago, SciFiGuy1960 said:

Saint Gregg thanks for the pic's. Yes they are a new parking once more reviews like yours comes in I'm sure buisness will pick up for them. I've used Lighthouse Parking the past two cruises but might give them a try coming up in September.

Just to note that the pic above is for the drop off pick up point for the Carnival Terminal. They'll have another location in front of terminal 2 for Royal Caribbean.

They do have a RCCL spot. On the way back we dropped of a few RCCL passengers.

• 1 month later...

We used Falstaff in January for our Vista cruise...for 8 nights.  We did not make reservations because it was our first Galveston experience and I wanted to have options if I didn't like the way things looked when we got there.  They were GREAT!!!  And actually charged us 'less' than the price quoted on their website for eight nights.  

We have a 5 day cruise booked for May and will be using them again. 

Great service to the port and back to our vehicle!!

We agree with you.  We just used them last week and we were really happy with them.  They are in a good location and the employees are very friendly.  

When we got off the ship, there was only 2 of us but they still took us immediately back to the parking garage.  We thought we would have to wait for others before we could leave.  It was the best place we have used.

To reinforce Falstaff it is further away from the port, than other parking places ,

and therefore ground elevation is higher,

and the parking pad built up even higher

than most other parking places near the port.

Of course the parking at hotels up by Seawall are all real high, 

because of 17 ft grade raising at Seawall of island,  and building of the Seawall after 1900 Storm .

In general there is about a foot drop from Seawall at Gulf of Mexico every 1200 feet down to the port which is sea level . 

The island down town is only a couple of miles wide , 32 miles long .     

• 1 month later...

I wanted to post here about our great experience this last week using Falstaff Parking.  This is a new business that has repurposed the old Falstaff Brewery facility.  We booked this several weeks before our cruise online and it was very easy.  When we got to the parking garage, there was a person waiting to inform us that we just dropped our luggage at the front with me waiting, and then DH went down to the entrance of the garage to park.  We waited a short time for the shuttle, the driver loaded our luggage and we drove to the port.  We first dropped off the Carnival passengers then on to the Royal Caribbean passengers.  When we returned, we went to the designated parking spot for their shuttle.  Again, short wait and then back to our car.  The shuttle driver was very professional and we enjoyed our trip with him.  We were in our car with the wheels turning by 9:00 am!!  Cost was about $75 for the week.  We chose this parking facility because it is covered parking and with the bad weather with hail in the spring, we want some protection from bad weather.

Mary

46 minutes ago, margeecruiser said:

I wanted to post here about our great experience this last week using Falstaff Parking.  This is a new business that has repurposed the old Falstaff Brewery facility.  We booked this several weeks before our cruise online and it was very easy.  When we got to the parking garage, there was a person waiting to inform us that we just dropped our luggage at the front with me waiting, and then DH went down to the entrance of the garage to park.  We waited a short time for the shuttle, the driver loaded our luggage and we drove to the port.  We first dropped off the Carnival passengers then on to the Royal Caribbean passengers.  When we returned, we went to the designated parking spot for their shuttle.  Again, short wait and then back to our car.  The shuttle driver was very professional and we enjoyed our trip with him.  We were in our car with the wheels turning by 9:00 am!!  Cost was about $75 for the week.  We chose this parking facility because it is covered parking and with the bad weather with hail in the spring, we want some protection from bad weather.

Mary

Hi Margee

And the facility is at higher ground than others near port , and parking pad is elevated more than others , 

so as to avoid flooding with high rains. 

hi, Lee

They said the area around the parking garage is being redeveloped, with a new hotel and the old brewery building is going to have a restaurant and shops.  The infrastructure is completed.  This area is ripe for development.

When Oasis comes to Galveston, new parking is a must.

See you soon , I hope.

Margee

4 hours ago, margeecruiser said:

hi, Lee

They said the area around the parking garage is being redeveloped, with a new hotel and the old brewery building is going to have a restaurant and shops.  The infrastructure is completed.  This area is ripe for development.

When Oasis comes to Galveston, new parking is a must.

See you soon , I hope.

Margee

We are very familiar with the development. 

We also live just a few blocks away.

Sorry we missed you . 

• 2 weeks later...

The Falstaff is only one level, but the entire place is on a high point of the island.  I have not used EZ cruise.  SSB stated up-thread that it is higher than other parking lots around the port.  He lives there and is very informed about all things Galveston.  The parking is 10-12 feet above the street in front, so I don't think it would flood like the others have done in the past, during flooding conditions.

19 hours ago, margeecruiser said:

The Falstaff is only one level, but the entire place is on a high point of the island.  I have not used EZ cruise.  SSB stated up-thread that it is higher than other parking lots around the port.  He lives there and is very informed about all things Galveston.  The parking is 10-12 feet above the street in front, so I don't think it would flood like the others have done in the past, during flooding conditions.

Thank you

Galveston Island is not flat. 

After the 1900 Great Storm,   

seawall was generally built to a height of 17 to 22 feet,

and the plan followed to raise the grade of the island by 17 to 22 feet behind the seawall and the grade slopes downward until it reached 5 to 8 feet on the Bay side at Avenue A. 

Falstaff is on a street further away from bay (port) than other ground parking lots , and plus there is high elevated concrete pad built off the ground. Logically therefore Falstaff will be at higher elevated level than other parking garages on closer streets nearer the bay (port)  . This is a good conclusion without  engineering studies proving me wrong . All other parking on Seawall  is at 17 to 22 feet,  and the high rise parking garages are higher and vary at Moody Gardens and Port Parking at 25th and Harbor side.               

More than 2000 buildings had to be raised including churches, schools, 1226 cottages, 413 one-story houses and 162 stables.  This also meant that water mains, gas lines, sewer lines, streetcar tracks, streets, sidewalks, fences, shrubs, trees, gardens, and outhouses has to be raised to the new grade.  One of the most amazing feats is the raising of St. Patrick’s Church, a 300 ton brick structure, which was lifted 5 feet using 700 jack screws.

St Patrick's Church is one block from my 1867 home.

image.png.151ec06539333b9faf7dd307da2a77be.png

Edited by ssb
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, SugarTwist said:

We are using Falstaff for our upcoming cruise this Saturday. I hope we like it as much as all of you. 

Let us know how it was. I’m curious to know if business has picked up. There were only about 25 cars in there the week I went. It’s such a great deal, I couldn’t believe how empty it was.

On 6/13/2019 at 10:18 PM, Saint Greg said:

Let us know how it was. I’m curious to know if business has picked up. There were only about 25 cars in there the week I went. It’s such a great deal, I couldn’t believe how empty it was.

We used it this past week and it was at capacity. Word is out!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/13/2019 at 10:18 PM, Saint Greg said:

There still weren’t a lot of cars when we went but everyone that worked there was so nice. When we came back the line was short while other lines were long. Great service all the way around and will definitely be using them again! 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, dwayneb236 said:

checked to book in nov of 2020 and already shows sold out

I tried to book for Feb. 2020 and it says sold out. I think they just do not book that far out maybe? 

I emailed them about it. Still waiting to hear back.

40 minutes ago, 4133raw said:

I tried to book for Feb. 2020 and it says sold out. I think they just do not book that far out maybe? 

I emailed them about it. Still waiting to hear back.

Same here. I'm doing a 5-day and a 4-day in Feb. It won't let me book anything the week of the 5-day but it will let me book for the 4-day. Maybe its a website issue or maybe they really are sold out that one week. I'm going to hold off a few months before booking but if I can't book both I'll have to use a different lot. I noticed their price is up a couple dollars per day on the shorter cruises so I'm going to price check other lots anyway.

Edited by Saint Greg

2 hours ago, ssb said:

Have you called them directly ? 

They wrote back from Falstaff...

"Good afternoon Ms...….

You are correct we are not sold out for February, 2020 but it is not available for booking just yet.  The cruise lines issue out a final port of call itinerary in August each year for the following year and that is when we will enable bookings for then."

• Thanks 1